IGNORED

Everton V Sunderland 28 Dec 2008

derek2222_ie

Hi Derek, keep your eyes on this link it will probably be another couple of weeks before they go on sale, at the moment they are only up to selling the Wigan tickets to the general public. Give it another week or two and get in touch with the club, or you can buy online.

http://www.evertonfc.com/match/premiership...es-results.html

I'm sure some peeps who have actually done it will give you some better info.

Unless we win every match comfortably from now to Christmas i doubt it will be a sellout.

Last year we played Bolton on Boxing Day and got 38.800 and Arsenal on the 29th and got 39.800 just short of sellouts, but we had just done a run of 13 games without defeat until Man Utd beat us the week before 2-1 at old trafford, and we were tying with L.pool for the 4th position. :angry:

Also do I need anything for booking online?

Yeah, a computor :P ............. never actually done it but i'm sure someone has and can give you that info.

You'll have no prob getting tickets I'm sure (better not because I've already got my hotel booked :) ).

You just need to register on the site and pay by credit/debit card and then collect the tickets on the day.

I've also done it by post and over the phone in the past....by post they'll send the tickets out to you if you give them a stamped addressed envelope....can be nice if they're a surprise, had my lad's first ever ticket posted out to him :D .

i am going to pay for this for my Dad as his Christmas present so it would be nice to have the tickets to hand to him on the day alright. Do I just send them an envelope with a stamped addressed envelope inside.

I'd phone and have a chat with them....when I've had them sent out I've posted a cheque in payment with a sae in the envelope. If you book and pay for them online they may have a problem tying in the booking with the envelope. Sure if you talk to them they'll sort it out for you one way or another, they've always been very helpful with me :) .

Just checked the procedure on the OS...

Home Match Ticket...your ticket(s) will be posted to the address you have given if purchased 72 hours prior to the game day. For purchases after this time you should collect your tickets from the Bullens Road Ticket Office AT LEAST 2 HOURS PRIOR TO KICK OFF. You should bring the payment card used to purchase this order, and a printed copy of your email as proof of purchase.

Anybody got any advice on what the best section in the ground to buy tickets is?

Depends what you want....I tend to go in the Gwladys Street end if I'm on my own for the atmosphere, although if the atmosphere's good in the Gwladys it's good all the way round.

If I've got my lad with me we sit in the main stand as a rule....the family enclosure's not the best view.

Been in the top tier once (1991, 3-1 win over Arsenal) and it was OK but nothing special.

Last time I sat in the Park End (also '91) it was still the "away" end and I was sat with a load of Woking fan mates for the FA Cup match.

Think as long as you get in early and get a good spot the main stand is the best bet.

If you want to stay in the city centre to avoid the hussle on match days then there are plenty of places and only about a fiver in a cab to the ground, takes about 10-15 minutes. Around the ground there is lots of pubs to enjoy a pint. County Road/ Walton Road have a few large places like Wetherspoons/ Black Horse and lots of old fashioned boozers. Just follow the crowds and you won't go wrong and the prices don't go up on match days, not like certain pubs by the shithole over the road. Recommended, The Springfield and The Abbey