IGNORED

Moyes Backs Groundshare

Louis

BlueNose perhaps your right! A lot of people who aren't scouse are maybe more open minded than you local Blues.I can understand that, my own feelings are (as a non-local) that a groundshare isn't really what I want, but for the good of Everton FC then so be it!

Credit to the local Blues, for making Everton the peoples club.

I am sure we have been down this road before on here.....just because someone is not "scouse" nor do they live within a stones throw of the ground does NOT make them any less a fan - I am sure there are fans all over the country that put a lot more commitment and money into Everton than those that are scouse/local.

Blue 250....it is the Everton fans that made Everton the Peoples Club, not sure what "Credit to the local Blues" means..?

I think the breakdown of those who would support a groundshare is basically those who can see the financial benefits of sharing with another club. There was an article in a magazine not long ago and in it was a red saying he'd hate it because both clubs have history and their own identity and many would refuse. The blue said that many fans who'd grown up with a stadium each would be dead in two generations time and any subsequent generations wouldn't know any other way and would embrace it as the common sense approach.

When you see that the city of Liverpool has a population of less than 500,000 (Merseyside 1.5m) and there are two separate similar capacity stadiums lying empty on the days the other is not in use, it begs the question "why"?

I'm not convinced Stanley Park is the best site for a shared stadium either (even though I acknowledge it would have a negative effect on some businesses in Walton and Anfield).

the point is paul, to sell it to both sets of fans it would have to be spectacular

I'm sure people said that about Kirkby, and believed it when people were trying to sell that, but after that fiasco, for fans to yet again fall for the 'it will be a great stadium' propaganda is just silly. Reserve any judgement and exclude quality of the stadium until there is further evidence.

am scouse and i would agree a shared stadium makes more sense, as both clubs are lacking in finances. my grandad always goes on about when he was younger, he an all his mates went to both everton and liverpool games, so i think a ground share would be a good idea and would bring the people of liverpool closer again.

I'm sure people said that about Kirkby, and believed it when people were trying to sell that, but after that fiasco, for fans to yet again fall for the 'it will be a great stadium' propaganda is just silly. Reserve any judgement and exclude quality of the stadium until there is further evidence.

then reserve judgement yourself mate, its a two way street, but you cant see it for some reason. if we cant be positive about it then you cant be negative, under your own guidelines.

The point is, is that people are trying to sell this groundshare on the basis that it will be a great stadium when there is no evidence to back this argument up.

The reason I back a shared stadium isnt so much because it will be a great stadium, although that is another good point!

The main and in fact only selling point for me is that we cant afford to go it alone

Oh and I am a Scouser and have had a season ticket for as long as I can remember so I do understand it all!

then reserve judgement yourself mate, its a two way street, but you cant see it for some reason. if we cant be positive about it then you cant be negative, under your own guidelines.

I am reserving judgement on the quality of the stadium! I'm not going round saying that we shouldn't groundshare because it will be a rubbish stadium? However, people have argued in favour of it, saying that it will be a quality stadium! There is nothing to say that it will be a great stadium.

The reason I back a shared stadium isnt so much because it will be a great stadium, although that is another good point!

The main and in fact only selling point for me is that we cant afford to go it alone

Oh and I am a Scouser and have had a season ticket for as long as I can remember so I do understand it all!

Again assumption it will be great. (Interesting avatar for this debate by the way!)

There is nothing to say that it will be a great stadium.

Other than common sense.

It won't happen I don't think....but if it did it would be a quality stadium. It would have to be, otherwise the clubs and the planners and the financiers and the fans and the residents and the council and the government and anyone else remotely interested wouldn't let it happen.

Other than common sense.

It won't happen I don't think....but if it did it would be a quality stadium. It would have to be, otherwise the clubs and the planners and the financiers and the fans and the residents and the council and the government and anyone else remotely interested wouldn't let it happen.

What about business sense? As in cut costs?

If you would have asked me 6 months ago I would've said no way. Now I must admit it looks a lot more attrctive and as previously said maybe it would help imrove the relationship between the 2 clubs. Theres nt much chance to have banter between the 2 sets of fans at the minute it always turns into arguments. To think most of us have both reds and blues in our families it may help??

From a Welshman living in Liverpool ;)

I am sure we have been down this road before on here.....just because someone is not "scouse" nor do they live within a stones throw of the ground does NOT make them any less a fan - I am sure there are fans all over the country that put a lot more commitment and money into Everton than those that are scouse/local.

Blue 250....it is the Everton fans that made Everton the Peoples Club, not sure what "Credit to the local Blues" means..?

I thought the term the Peoples club was invented by Moyes, on his observation of the fact that the people on the streets of liverpool were in fact Everton fans....local people, ie the peoples club.

There are thousands of Everton fans all over this and other countries, who's commitment and expenditure is greater than the local fans!.......but it was the local Blues who Moyes noticed on the streets who prompted that phrase!......I was simply giving credit to those people who turn up week in week out, when thousands of us other Blues can't.

I thought the term the Peoples club was invented by Moyes, on his observation of the fact that the people on the streets of liverpool were in fact Everton fans....local people, ie the peoples club.

There are thousands of Everton fans all over this and other countries, who's commitment and expenditure is greater than the local fans!.......but it was the local Blues who Moyes noticed on the streets who prompted that phrase!......I was simply giving credit to those people who turn up week in week out, when thousands of us other Blues can't.

But that is my point, I do not live in Liverpool and I am not scouse yet I turn up every week for home games and a lot of away games.

But that is my point, I do not live in Liverpool and I am not scouse yet I turn up every week for home games and a lot of away games.

You've really lost me now :huh:.....So you've made your point, congratulations.

Mine is I don't want a groundshare, unless for the good of Everton FC!!......My other point was, those who attend every week, the people Moyes saw on the streets of liverpool, yourself and many others, should probably have more of a say on the groundshare issue than the fans who only make a few matches..............NOT that those said fans are any less loyal Evertonians.