45 replies to this topic

#41 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,422 posts

Posted 27 Nov 2008 - 13:31

There is nothing to say that it will be a great stadium.

Other than common sense.

It won't happen I don't think....but if it did it would be a quality stadium. It would have to be, otherwise the clubs and the planners and the financiers and the fans and the residents and the council and the government and anyone else remotely interested wouldn't let it happen.

#42 paul

paul

Mikel Arteta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 Nov 2008 - 15:04

Other than common sense.

It won't happen I don't think....but if it did it would be a quality stadium. It would have to be, otherwise the clubs and the planners and the financiers and the fans and the residents and the council and the government and anyone else remotely interested wouldn't let it happen.

What about business sense? As in cut costs?

#43 EFCfanatic

EFCfanatic

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 27 Nov 2008 - 16:13

If you would have asked me 6 months ago I would've said no way. Now I must admit it looks a lot more attrctive and as previously said maybe it would help imrove the relationship between the 2 clubs. Theres nt much chance to have banter between the 2 sets of fans at the minute it always turns into arguments. To think most of us have both reds and blues in our families it may help??

From a Welshman living in Liverpool ;)

#44 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 27 Nov 2008 - 16:53

I am sure we have been down this road before on here.....just because someone is not "scouse" nor do they live within a stones throw of the ground does NOT make them any less a fan - I am sure there are fans all over the country that put a lot more commitment and money into Everton than those that are scouse/local.

Blue 250....it is the Everton fans that made Everton the Peoples Club, not sure what "Credit to the local Blues" means..?

I thought the term the Peoples club was invented by Moyes, on his observation of the fact that the people on the streets of liverpool were in fact Everton fans....local people, ie the peoples club.

There are thousands of Everton fans all over this and other countries, who's commitment and expenditure is greater than the local fans!.......but it was the local Blues who Moyes noticed on the streets who prompted that phrase!......I was simply giving credit to those people who turn up week in week out, when thousands of us other Blues can't.

#45 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 28 Nov 2008 - 09:58

I thought the term the Peoples club was invented by Moyes, on his observation of the fact that the people on the streets of liverpool were in fact Everton fans....local people, ie the peoples club.

There are thousands of Everton fans all over this and other countries, who's commitment and expenditure is greater than the local fans!.......but it was the local Blues who Moyes noticed on the streets who prompted that phrase!......I was simply giving credit to those people who turn up week in week out, when thousands of us other Blues can't.

But that is my point, I do not live in Liverpool and I am not scouse yet I turn up every week for home games and a lot of away games.

#46 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 28 Nov 2008 - 15:45

But that is my point, I do not live in Liverpool and I am not scouse yet I turn up every week for home games and a lot of away games.

You've really lost me now :huh:.....So you've made your point, congratulations.

Mine is I don't want a groundshare, unless for the good of Everton FC!!......My other point was, those who attend every week, the people Moyes saw on the streets of liverpool, yourself and many others, should probably have more of a say on the groundshare issue than the fans who only make a few matches..............NOT that those said fans are any less loyal Evertonians.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users