IGNORED

Yakubu Out For Season.

toffee77

I'm hoping that for some reason Moyes is bluffing when he says that he has no money to spend in the transfer market. With Yakubu out we need to try and tempt Vagner Love to come even more. Saha looks like he could come back, when I saw in the injury I thought that it could maybe be a 3-4 week job, at least I'm hoping it is.

If we can't spend big bucks then we should look to the lower leagues. How much would it cost to tempt James McFadden to come back to Goody?

It never rains but it pours hey... Mind you, I've been thinking about this... I've been one of the ones urging Moyes to leave 5-4-1 and play two up top, but by anyone's standards it has hardly been a roaring success this season. I ripped into them like everyone else after the Wigan match and said on here I wanted to see if they could come up with a response at Shite Hart Lane, which I doubted. Lo and behold, I was wrong, and we looked like our old selves again yesterday - playing 4-5-1.

Yeah there's no doubting we're now faced with a pretty major striker crisis, but under Moyes we've never really relied on our forwards to get the bulk of the goals anyway, bar the Yak last year. We all knew what Saha's record was like when he arrived, Moyes said he would be happy if he could get him out half the games so him being out is no surprise. I hate to say it, but I can't see how Vaughny's knee can keep going and him still have a career ahead of him - it's a shame, but I dont think he's ever going to shake it off. The Yak is the real sickener of course, him being out for the season would seriously damage any side. BUT, always looking on the bright side, put it this way - we have a midfield full of players who are good going forward and capable of getting a goal, and the way Moyes likes to play with one up top gives them all the freedom to do that. If there was one of our four strikers I'd want to be fit to play the loan striker role, it would be big Vic - he's strong as an ox, great at holding the ball up and will run all day long for you. Now I know it's a lot to ask the lad, and we've got to hope to god he stays fit, but until January he's going to have to lead the line and be the focal point of how we play - a massive opportunity for him to shine. I'm not even worried about him not being prolific, if he can do what he's good at and give Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta, Fellaini and Osman the chance to get the ball in the box, we'll still score goals.

And anyway, we're Everton - we're at our best when it looks like everything is against us. This could be just what we need to get that never-say-die attitude and tight-knit mentality back - C'mon you Blues, let's do Villa and start our assault on the top four again!

What about Fellaini up front? I mean he'd be a good target man up front and he can score. Cahill can play his usual attacking midfield role (that's if we go 4-5-1). I think it could work.

Moyes said he would consider cahill up front but only if there were no other option really. Anichebe and Jutkietwisc (stupid name to spell) are still options, and Saha is being assessed today. Plus he said he will look at loans in jan and since the russian season takes a big break we might get vagner love on loan.

This is really a huge problem and could seriously limit anything we do this year.

All of our strikers are injured.

All of them!

What the fuck are we going to do?

4-5-1 is our best formation I can't see cahill playing up front on his own and the Jan window is too far away.

And even in Jan we have feck all money.

This is really a huge problem and could seriously limit anything we do this year.

All of them!

4-5-1 is our best formation I can't see cahill playing up front on his own and the Jan window is too far away.

jofanon!.......Can I suggest 4-6-0! :lol:

How about Lescott up front, I'm sure Baines would be all for that!

We are just going to have to cope.Anichebe is getting better all the time and will benefit from more time on the pitch, were getting harder to score against, so try and pinch the odd goal or two.Something will come along in January........shit happens!

All of them!

We still have 4 other senior strikers:

Anichebe

Jutkiewic

Agard

Baxter

Anichebe

Jutkiewic

Agard

Baxter

I'd harldy call them all senior strikers. Anichibe- Yes. Jutiewic, Agard and Baxter can't really be called senior strikers when they have only really represented us at reserve or acadamy level, apart from a small handful of 5 minute cameos.

We have 1 senior striker available to us and a few youth players who may or may not be able to make the step-up yet.

Anichebe

Jutkiewic

Agard

Baxter

i dont think you can call any of them senior to be honest. i mean, baxter still isnt a pro and the other two are even further down the pecking order than him.

vic is the closest to being senior, and hes only 4th choice! (and shit)