IGNORED

Yakubu Out For Season.

toffee77

With the injurys we have picked up at least 20 goals have just walked off the pitch and i dont know how we are going to compensate for that i really dont. We had a whole summer to bring in the players we needed an we stumbled and crawled I can only imagin how pethetic we will be with a month to do our business. So i wont be holding mt breath... my hopes an prayers lie with a lad who comes on wif 10 mins to go an stops running after 5 of them because he is worn out.

I'd harldy call them all senior strikers. Anichibe- Yes. Jutiewic, Agard and Baxter can't really be called senior strikers when they have only really represented us at reserve or acadamy level, apart from a small handful of 5 minute cameos.

We have 1 senior striker available to us and a few youth players who may or may not be able to make the step-up yet.

Erm officially they are members of the first team (senior) squad thus they are senior players by definition (check the OS for clarification).

could be a good thing i mean we havent had a chance see baxter up front proper was on the wing when he came on last time

this will be great for anichebe i mean its hes chance now to prove hes good enough which i personally think he is and cahill can now play where he wants and where he is best so lets just see how it all goes but as i said on the other thread heskey is worth a shout imo for a couple million

If we have next to nothing to spend i'd take a punt on Owen in January with a price tag of 2-3mil and has already stated he would be willing to take a wage cut how much of a cut is the question but if it was a sizable cut then i would much rather go for Owen then Hesky, I think he would jump at the chance to join us as the top four clubs wont look twice.

Edited by EFC-Paul

So many names being bandied about here. It's all well and good to try to get replacement strikers, but whoever we get (if anybody) ain't gonna set the world alight with goal-scoring feats if he doesn't get the ball. Both the Yak and Saha have been starved of possession in goal-scoring positions because of the long hoof upfield tactics being applied. Possession doesn't count for a striker if he has to go out to the wing to get the ball! Sadly that has been the Yak's deal this season - very few opportunities where it counts. Saha has been working hard to make the opportunities but lacks the support to get any 1-2's going.

For anyone coming in it's going to be tough trying to score goals with the current tactics we are using.

So many names being bandied about here. It's all well and good to try to get replacement strikers, but whoever we get (if anybody) ain't gonna set the world alight with goal-scoring feats if he doesn't get the ball. Both the Yak and Saha have been starved of possession in goal-scoring positions because of the long hoof upfield tactics being applied. Possession doesn't count for a striker if he has to go out to the wing to get the ball! Sadly that has been the Yak's deal this season - very few opportunities where it counts. Saha has been working hard to make the opportunities but lacks the support to get any 1-2's going.

For anyone coming in it's going to be tough trying to score goals with the current tactics we are using.

I agree with you but hopefully now that Stevie P is back in the side we should see a bit more football being played through the midfield and that should see us creainting a few more chances

The way the Yak has been playing this season he looks just like Anichebe anyway, fed up of seeing his fat lazy arse strolling around the pitch without a care in the world!

At least we will find out once and for all if Big Vic is going to make it in the Prem

It just gets better and better!!

Its in todays Daily Post that Vaughn has had to fly back from America without having had his operation because the surgeon

has broken his arm in a skiing accident so he is going to be out for even longer!

That was on Sky Sports News yesterday. They said all of that about the physio which will inevitably make Vaughan stay out for longer. He's expected to be out for many months more than first thought because of the accident to the doc.

<_<

(random headlines)

Yakubu out for 9 months.

Louis Saha injured, unknown when returning.

James Vaughan will face a prolonged spell on the sidelines after the man who was due to perform surgery on his right knee broke his arm in a ski-ing accident.

Victor Anichebe - Moyes: “If he plays as he did for an hour until his injury we’ll be more than happy.”

Three words to describe this situation: Really fucking annoying.

Lukas and Jose, its all up to you boys until January.

Edited by TC.