IGNORED

Jagielka

Romey 1878

Brilliant article here. I have to say Jags is my favourite Everton player right now. I've never been much of a fan of defenders, probably because they're not flashy, but his no nonsense style and consistency makes it impossible not to be a fan. Not to mention he seems really down to earth and genuinely love defending!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle2009577.ece

Another good little read. I am in agreement with you about Jags being your favourite player, alot of my friends don't see it but they are not seeing him play live week in week out, from the outside it would seem strange to pick him as a favourite. All my friends expect me to say Arteta, who in all; fairness, has been gash for 18 months now, except the odd moment of footballing clarity. Anywho, back to the point, Jags is class, i love the fella.

He made up for his mistake today before he made it. If he hadn't of been on the pitch we just woulden't be the same team. He is Everton at the moment. He's the key to our defence and is the most consistent of them all. I like Phil Neville and think that he does a good job each week but Jagielka is fantastic. He's still young giving him many years ahead and I hope he spends it here. I don't hold anything against him for the mistake, he's one of the few players in our team that we can 'let off' with a mistake every once in a while.

Still the best.

He is our best defender easily, but unfortunately for him the mistake today against AV wont do any wonders for him getting back into the England squad; Capello will pick another player hardly anyone has heard of again on loan from a big team playing in the championship :angry:

We should try and get David James in the summer! With him in goals and Jags at centre-back no easy goals would be handed to the opposition. By the way im only kidding around i am a huge fan of Jags and he has had a great year so far.

Edited by kurt321

We should try and get Davis James in the summer! What a defence we would have. no easy goals would be handed to the opposition.

Who? Do you mean David James? I can't see that making much of a change. James makes mistakes. Lots of them, last season he did well becasue he was lucky that those mistakes where no punished. Did you see him in Europe the other week. That was a very easy goal handed on a plate!

Who? Do you mean David James? I can't see that making much of a change. James makes mistakes. Lots of them, last season he did well becasue he was lucky that those mistakes where no punished. Did you see him in Europe the other week. That was a very easy goal handed on a plate!

I think last week's mistake by James is what Kurt was alluding to Jamie. Sarcasm is a tough art to master in the written form.

Yeh, it was a dodgey bit of defending, he should have really been aware of who was around

BUT

What a consistant performer he has been over the last 6/7 months. Every match I went home saying 'Jagielka had a good game'. Even with the dip in form (putting it lightly!) to a few of our better players he has stood tall and played out of his skin every match.

Echoing everybody elses comments, one mistake for countless last ditch blocks/tackles isnt a bad ratio. Hes a class act Jagielka and regardless of his quesitonable distribution at times he is one hell of a defender. Goodison Park showed on sunday what they thought of him, not one person around me started pointing the finger, and believe me, they cant wait to some of them :lol:. Hes a fans favourite and I'm sure next week he will end up saving us from conceeding a few goals. Keep your head up Jags.