IGNORED

Once And For All Fellaini Is....

DonKey

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was quality but he looks so tired in the last 10 and doesnt get brought off? i know we needed to go for it but what use is he dead on his feet? also when hes on a yellow could go in with a tired tackle

I didnt think he looked anymore tired than any of the other players and even if he was

we didnt have anybody on the bench to replace him!

I am afraid so. I just don't see it with him, he is not athletic enough to play a box to box position and tires far too easily.

He is quite good at passing but he has no power in his shots. The one thing I do like is he wins a lot of headers but that is his only trait I like.

I don't think he's near looking worth his price tag, and he probably never will (not his fault) but I do think he's looking stronger with every game he plays, and his body bulks up with age I really think he could be a big player fo us. No power in his shots? He almost knocked a Villa player over yesterday with a shot! How he managed to hit the bar with that header in the second half yesterday I'll never know :(

I don't think he's near looking worth his price tag, and he probably never will (not his fault) but I do think he's looking stronger with every game he plays, and his body bulks up with age I really think he could be a big player fo us. No power in his shots? He almost knocked a Villa player over yesterday with a shot! How he managed to hit the bar with that header in the second half yesterday I'll never know :(

Mark, I think if you look at the replay he was a bit unlucky, the goalie just got a touch on it, he didnt know much about it but it turned out to be enough to re-direct it onto the bar.

But Fellaini always looks a bit lethargic (slow) to me, but as you said its not his fault we paid over the odds for him.

I thought this thread was going to be..."Once And For All Fellaini Is....a massive let down." Oh well...

he's been our best midfielder since he's came, so surely u think the hole midfield are a letdown, how people still dont like him suprises me because were lucky he's not at a better team where the hole team pass the ball on the floor and not just him and arteta.

he's been our best midfielder since he's came, so surely u think the hole midfield are a letdown, how people still dont like him suprises me because were lucky he's not at a better team where the hole team pass the ball on the floor and not just him and arteta.

You are correct, the whole (theres a w in whole) midfield have been poor but Fellaini is no better than the rest. Might come as a shock but people don't like him because, well they don't think he is any good.

hes scorin goals for a midfielder always looks dangerous when hes up there i mean hes a kid and its faster here cant be expected to run box to box for 90 mins all the time. carsley didnt do that he stayed back most the time hardly ever in the box. he should be played with castillo then hes not havin to do that and be played in the cahill role i think. dont care what he says shit tackler so no way hes a defensive mid

The whole Fellaini debate is really starting to get tired. With him performing consistantly well I do not see why people can still criticise him. He has added strength and height to the midfield and is causing constant problems for oppositions. What's not to like? As for saying that he is a poor player because he lacks pace, well, that also means that pretty much our entire squad must be shit becasue very few of them have any pace, Arteta, Cahill, Anichibe... all these players made Mo look like Ussain Fucking Bolt against Villa.

People need to forget the fee as that is irrelivent now. He is an Everton player and thats all that matters, and what is more is that he is a very good everton player, he has alot of qualities as a player and is bringing alot to our midfield, people need to start to appreciate his qualities rather than trying to find flaws.

This debate is going to go on all season, I can just see it happening, I for one am already tired of it.

The whole Fellaini debate is really starting to get tired. With him performing consistantly well I do not see why people can still criticise him. He has added strength and height to the midfield and is causing constant problems for oppositions. What's not to like? As for saying that he is a poor player because he lacks pace, well, that also means that pretty much our entire squad must be shit becasue very few of them have any pace, Arteta, Cahill, Anichibe... all these players made Mo look like Ussain Fucking Bolt against Villa.

People need to forget the fee as that is irrelivent now. He is an Everton player and thats all that matters, and what is more is that he is a very good everton player, he has alot of qualities as a player and is bringing alot to our midfield, people need to start to appreciate his qualities rather than trying to find flaws.

This debate is going to go on all season, I can just see it happening, I for one am already tired of it.

Sorry Jamie, cant say I agree with you on this one. The debate will go on but thats a good thing surely, thats what we're here for :D

On the Fellaini topic I cant take the point he has performed consisantly. Take the money spent on him away, hes still not delieverd. He gives more silly clumsy fouls away than Phil Neville and walks around most of the time. The only threat I have seen him give consistantly is from set pieces and even then he misses alot more then he converts (I'm talking about free headers by the way, not half chances).

There have been other players who have been a hell of a lot worse than him this season and he is probably at a disadvantage due to his price tag but I think the Jury is still out on him, he has not shown enough yet in my opinion.

The finger of course would have to come down on Moyes at the end of the day if it doesnt work out but Fellaini has to stand up and be counted too (hes big enough :o) I hope I'm wrong and he is just been played in the wrong position, not quite gelling yet etc. but excuses can only be applied for so long.

I want every Everton player to suceed and would love nothing more so say I am wrong but I wont be....just yet :D

totally agree, this talk about fellaini is getting boring now, weve been crying out for a midfielder who's comfortable on the ball and can pass not only that he gives the height weve been lacking.

I'm seemingly in a minority but I'm really liking Fellaini :blink: . He's by no means the finished the article and he has many kinks to iron out, but if he didn't have his faults then in reality he wouldn't be at a club like Everton would he? We have to buy rough diamonds and polish them, we were never going to be able to go out and buy the finished article. His price tag gives the impression that he is somewhat the finished article but we got done over on the price because we were desperate, and again, he didn't choose how much he cost.

I like Fellaini i think the lad has shown a good amount of potential in certain area's of his game which can only improve with time and experiance. There are a few factors to take into account when judging the lad as we all know and as Romey said his price tag would have been inflated due to our situation in the transfur window that being said if he develops the way we hope he will be well worth the money.

He's only 21 in a totally new and tougher and faster paced league also playing within a team that has hugely underachieved thus far so up to this point i think the lad is doing well. He's a niche player with his height and build and will add something to our team that not many others have.

I like Fellaini i think the lad has shown a good amount of potential in certain area's of his game which can only improve with time and experiance. There are a few factors to take into account when judging the lad as we all know and as Romey said his price tag would have been inflated due to our situation in the transfur window that being said if he develops the way we hope he will be well worth the money.

He's only 21 in a totally new and tougher and faster paced league also playing within a team that has hugely underachieved thus far so up to this point i think the lad is doing well. He's a niche player with his height and build and will add something to our team that not many others have.

See, your comment is exactly what I am thinking. Fellaini has come into an underachieving team, a team playing shit if you like and he still does not stand out from the crowd. He is just another player in our squad.

Don't understand why he is a niche player? There are loads of 6ft + midfielders in the Premiership and his build is like that of Peter Crouch.

I'm seemingly in a minority but I'm really liking Fellaini :blink: . He's by no means the finished the article and he has many kinks to iron out, but if he didn't have his faults then in reality he wouldn't be at a club like Everton would he? We have to buy rough diamonds and polish them, we were never going to be able to go out and buy the finished article. His price tag gives the impression that he is somewhat the finished article but we got done over on the price because we were desperate, and again, he didn't choose how much he cost.

I quite like Fellaini and thought he had a decent game on Sunday (although he was totally abysmal against Wigan) but I don't think he has consistently delivered. I understand your point about the finished article and it is a valid one, the only problem is, it's bit different taking a gamble on someone who has bags of pace but lacks a little composure/control (ie Ronaldo when he first signed for Utd) than taking a gamble on a player like Fellaini who is slow, there is little chance he is going to get any quicker and so there is a limited amount he will improve as his general play is not bad, it is purely his lack of pace and tracking back that is the problem with his ability/performance. Once his stamina improves then he will be more effective, but a lack of pace in the Premiership is a big worry as I cannot remember too many slow lumbering giant success stories in midfield. That being said, I'll give him every chance but his energy levels need to improve.

I quite like Fellaini and thought he had a decent game on Sunday (although he was totally abysmal against Wigan) but I don't think he has consistently delivered. I understand your point about the finished article and it is a valid one, the only problem is, it's bit different taking a gamble on someone who has bags of pace but lacks a little composure/control (ie Ronaldo when he first signed for Utd) than taking a gamble on a player like Fellaini who is slow, there is little chance he is going to get any quicker and so there is a limited amount he will improve as his general play is not bad, it is purely his lack of pace and tracking back that is the problem with his ability/performance. Once his stamina improves then he will be more effective, but a lack of pace in the Premiership is a big worry as I cannot remember too many slow lumbering giant success stories in midfield. That being said, I'll give him every chance but his energy levels need to improve.

Our whole team lacks pace though, so I think it's a little harsh throwing that at him. His tracking back does leave a lot to be desired I know, but hopefully that will come with time.

So if a player lacks pace they are defunct in the prem? I don't think so, I think there is an over-emphasis on pace in today's prem and being able to hold up the ball and be an imposing force in the center of the field is more important than being able to run really fast up and down the pitch.I think fellaini needs experience in the prem since he has been used to playing in a different league with a different tempo and I think he is responding positively to life here he just needs time. He's my age and I know if I had to shut up shop at home move to a different country, start a new job in a new home and learn a new language I'd find the entire experience a bit intimidating. Not least of all the fact that we were playign absolute shit football for most of this season and we expected fellaini to come in and save us, which was an immense amount of pressure. Give him a year, let him get used to everything, not just the football, and give Moyes the chance to use him properly on the field and I think he will be one of our best players this time next year.

debate or no debate, we'd be playing a lot worse without him.

Regulator, Cant go along with you on the Change of job Theory, it doesnt matter if you are playing in England, Outer Mongolia or Timbuctoo, football is a game of football wherever you are playing it, and you dont need to be multi lingual.

Again with your theory that his teammates have been playing absolute shit for most of the season ........... all the more reason why he should stand out as a decent player, but he does'nt.

I think he needs a rocket from Moyes, cos i bet he is always last in the training runs and sprints, he needs tuition on how to increase speed and lung power, cos to me he looks like a bit of a lazy fooker.

So if a player lacks pace they are defunct in the prem? I don't think so, I think there is an over-emphasis on pace in today's prem and being able to hold up the ball and be an imposing force in the center of the field is more important than being able to run really fast up and down the pitch.I think fellaini needs experience in the prem since he has been used to playing in a different league with a different tempo and I think he is responding positively to life here he just needs time. He's my age and I know if I had to shut up shop at home move to a different country, start a new job in a new home and learn a new language I'd find the entire experience a bit intimidating. Not least of all the fact that we were playign absolute shit football for most of this season and we expected fellaini to come in and save us, which was an immense amount of pressure. Give him a year, let him get used to everything, not just the football, and give Moyes the chance to use him properly on the field and I think he will be one of our best players this time next year.

debate or no debate, we'd be playing a lot worse without him.

What? I think he finds the task of spending his £20k a week wages more intimidating than playing football, which you could consider to be a universal language.

Next you will say he still doesn't have a translator...

Regulator, Cant go along with you on the Change of job Theory, it doesnt matter if you are playing in England, Outer Mongolia or Timbuctoo, football is a game of football wherever you are playing it, and you dont need to be multi lingual.

Again with your theory that his teammates have been playing absolute shit for most of the season ........... all the more reason why he should stand out as a decent player, but he does'nt.

I think he needs a rocket from Moyes, cos i bet he is always last in the training runs and sprints, he needs tuition on how to increase speed and lung power, cos to me he looks like a bit of a lazy fooker.

Hooray, someone else that has removed their rose tinted glasses. :D

FFS, listening to some of you chat rubbish is like listening to those whinging bar stewards in red constantly bleating on about their players 'not being good enough for Liverpool'... leave the dissing their own to them lot, fellaini is one of us now and I for one think he has been great so far this season, he adds bite and physical presence in the middle of the park, he can pass the ball, and he's dangerous in the opposition box... some of you lot want the moon on a stick!

Incidentally, talking of snivelpool, some of my red's mates have said how good they think fellaini has looked for us and how they wouldnt mind him in their team... bear in mind these are lads that would never normally dream of saying anything remotely complimentary about a Blue, and scoffed at the Yak for 'only scoring 20' last season... so he must be doing something right...

Oh, and finally, on the subject of pace in the Prem... Viera, Keane, Petit, Alonso, Makelele, Scholes, Speed (later in career anyway) - not exactly blessed with bundles of pace were they, yet they all had what you might call decent careers in centre mid. have a word.

FFS, listening to some of you chat rubbish is like listening to those whinging bar stewards in red constantly bleating on about their players 'not being good enough for Liverpool'... leave the dissing their own to them lot, fellaini is one of us now and I for one think he has been great so far this season, he adds bite and physical presence in the middle of the park, he can pass the ball, and he's dangerous in the opposition box... some of you lot want the moon on a stick!

Incidentally, talking of snivelpool, some of my red's mates have said how good they think fellaini has looked for us and how they wouldnt mind him in their team... bear in mind these are lads that would never normally dream of saying anything remotely complimentary about a Blue, and scoffed at the Yak for 'only scoring 20' last season... so he must be doing something right...

Oh, and finally, on the subject of pace in the Prem... Viera, Keane, Petit, Alonso, Makelele, Scholes, Speed (later in career anyway) - not exactly blessed with bundles of pace were they, yet they all had what you might call decent careers in centre mid. have a word.

You know you are not forced to read this thread, right?

So you are essentially saying that Liverpool fans have higher expectations than us Blues and they can criticise their players but we should be thankful for what we have and what we get...? I don't think so. Any football fan has the right to demand the best from their team and can give constructive criticism to who they like.

What is your point bringing Viera and co. into the conversation? They were very good players even at a young age, you just make Fellaini look even less talented by making comparisons to them.

What? I think he finds the task of spending his £20k a week wages more intimidating than playing football, which you could consider to be a universal language.

Next you will say he still doesn't have a translator...

Pfft, he's developing at a phenomenal rate in all aspects. I was talking more about his adeptibility from the change of football style more than anything. If you put a bunch of british kids in a match against a bunch of brazilian kids would they play in the same way? The way they play in belgium is a different tempo and style to playing over here, and given that he was a DM, he's probably not used to the pace of the british game, or what is being asked of him. If you play players out of a position they're comfortable in and force them to adapt they can fail at first because it's like playing in a completely different game.

My opinion is I'm glad he is here, he is a young, raw talent, he will not be dropped because he has great potential and he has been vital to us so far this season. The kinks in his play will be iorned out over time and I can see him being at this club for a good few years yet. He is good at winning the ball, he holds it up well, he has a powerful shot and he's already scoring goals. There may be downsides to his game, but they're outweighed by the good sides, and he will keep getting better as time goes on.

Edited by The Regulator