126 replies to this topic

#41 Sheeeeeedy

Sheeeeeedy

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 12:53

On his way today apparently..maybe he's lowered his wage demands/Everton have become more desperate to sign cover

I hope not. He's not much better than Hibbert, gives a lot of penalties away and recieves a lot of cards. Add to that the fact hes a money grabbing turd (Blackburn fans call him Lucash) and his age and he's not worth it. I thought he'd end up on the pile of uncontracted players that think they are far better than they are with Mifsud and Appiah.

#42 CaptainFerguson10

CaptainFerguson10

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 13:03

I would rather have him any day of the year, than Hibbert! Just the gritty player we need in desperate times.

#43 Ian C

Ian C

100% Guaranteed Irish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 13:27

He's good, definitely on a free, if his wage demands are reasonable.

#44 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 13:39

I cant find any links anywhere for this. Don't beleive it for a second. I think that some Everton fan has just thought about us not having a right-back for Thursday, thought about free options and then put 2+2=5.

#45 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 13:51

He couldn't play in the Europa anyway because the squad's already been registered.

#46 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,611 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 14:05

"He is one of my closest pals. He has taken his time assessing his situation but something could break in the next couple of days,'' - Tim Cahill

#47 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 14:10

Where did you find the story Louis? Can we have a link?

#48 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,611 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 14:13

http://www.dailytele...r-1225775192245

That's the quote. The rumour is just something passed on to me :)

#49 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 14:18

It's on Kipper that he's having a medical today.

#50 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 15:00

http://www.dailytele...r-1225775192245

That's the quote. The rumour is just something passed on to me :)

Cheers Louis. Love the Aussie cover of Fifa 10 that's in that article!

IMO alot has been taken out that quote and the rumour has grown from there. I had heard and read somewhere that he was close to joining Atletico. Just can't see him coming here, the fact that BlueKipper seems to be one of the main sources for this rumour just goes to show how "reliable" this rumour is.

#51 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,611 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 17:13

It's a shame they won't be using that cover over here. I can imagine a few people will be pre-ordering from Australian sites to get it.

#52 CaptainFerguson10

CaptainFerguson10

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 17:38

Kipper is a vile, racist and extremely unreliable site of horse manure. I wouldn't even ask them for the time of day, as those illiterates haven't a clue. Pity Neill is apparently going to A Madrid, but makes sense with Heitinga coming here.

#53 Billy Boy

Billy Boy

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 22:51

I'm not against taking Neill on board tbh, although I find the 40k wages (if the Mirror is to be believed) a little excessive, but it is an area that now needs improving in numbers even if we cannot do it in quality. Me myself would also offer Micheal Ball a 1 year deal as cover for the left.

#54 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,611 posts

Posted 16 Sep 2009 - 23:39

The media have picked up on it now.

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle160631.html

You know it's true when Andy Hunter writes about it (the guy is usually spot on with Everton):

http://www.guardian....-premier-league

http://www.express.c...ill-for-Everton

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/112764,is-lucas-set-to-become-a-toffee.aspx

http://www.dailystar...-swoop-for-Luc/

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26085485-29437,00.html

http://www.dailypost...55578-24710697/

#55 Jesse_Wray

Jesse_Wray

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 01:20

I'm not sure how I feel about this as it seems a knee-jerk reaction to the combination of Phil Neville's injury, Hibbert's Europa suspension and Heitinga's Europa ineligibility. In any case, Neill wouldn't be able to play in the Europa competition until Feb.
I feel we've got the right fullback position more than covered: Heitinga, Hibbert, Gosling and Neville (when he gets back from injury, which should be a few months). To bring Neill in there would be absolute overkill.
The same could also be said if Moyes wants him for the center. We've got Yobo, Distin and Jagielka (when he gets back from injury) and I feel the fourth choice CB needs to be a slightly lower quality than Neill, who would have expectations to be playing week in week out (much like our other CBs).
And for the Socceroos we need him playing week-in-week out.

It's almost a case of Everton having too much quality in depth in certain positions.

ATTN: David Moyes
WE NEED A RIGHT WINGER!!!! Osman is crap and Arteta is well and truly wasted out on the right!

#56 foobiezw

foobiezw

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 01:39

I rate him as a player. Did super-good in the WC and is the current captain of aus.

Just think his wage demands are stupid though.

Rumour is that Veerbek (aus national coach) is getting peeved at his indecisiveness. Probably why he's finally decided to fold and find a club.

#57 Jesse_Wray

Jesse_Wray

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 02:00

Rumour is that Veerbek (aus national coach) is getting peeved at his indecisiveness. Probably why he's finally decided to fold and find a club.

It's no rumour, Pim absolutely hates it when his top Socceroos aren't playing regularly.

#58 ddd

ddd

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 02:02

I hope use get him. im from aus, he really is a great player, his best lies in the centre of defence though and if he plays there, and plays with form from games with australia he will be the best centre back in your squad. Although his downside is his money hungry ways of late which even down here, has lost him a fair bit of respect, and age isnt on his side but hes in great shape. I rekon heel only give yous 2 years if he signs and head back home. Hed be gun for use though in a defence of:

Heitinga Jagielka Neil Baines

I dont know if if Yobo can play right back as cover, but he looks like he could so he could fill that void or as back up ahead of neil as he really plays his best in the centre.

#59 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 03:44

I'm not sure about this. Whilst it would be nice to see another Australian in the squad, I think bringing in another right back wouldn't really benefit anybody. Neill will be wanting to play week in week out, and it seems with who we have at the moment that won't happen. Adding to that I have a strong feeling if he was bought then Moyes would be inclined to play Heitinga at DM, which after the Fulham game is a big no.

#60 Sprooly

Sprooly

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 05:33

I HATE LUCAS NEILL

#61 kurt321

kurt321

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 06:54

I HATE LUCAS NEILL

What has he ever done to you dickweed?

#62 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 07:49

Maybe this will see the end of Hibbert finally? It seems Moyes doesn't want to play Heitinga at RB so I'll take pretty much anyone half decent to replace Hibbert tbh.

#63 Droobie

Droobie

rednu nwod morf retroppuS

• Members
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 07:50

As a squad player, I think he will be a good signing. Who else is available at the moment on a FREE TRANSFER that can bolster our defence? He's and EPL player, he's a national team captain. The transfer window is over and we've got a small squad as it is.

#64 The Boy

The Boy

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 07:57

As a squad player, I think he will be a good signing. Who else is available at the moment on a FREE TRANSFER that can bolster our defence? He's and EPL player, he's a national team captain. The transfer window is over and we've got a small squad as it is.

Yep totally agree. Proven prem level player, on a free. Some people here want us to get squad players in... and when we do for nothing, they are not good enough.. I think he wil be a good addition. nothing barnstorming, but good.

#65 nogs

nogs

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 08:25

Get him signed I say. I dunno where all this 'we've got too many options at the back' is coming from - we're SERIOUSLY short of numbers. What would happen if Yobo or Distin got injured in the next few weeks? With Lescott, Valente and Jacobsen gone, we're actually less than we were at the back last season - Hibbert, Heitinga, Neville, Distin, Yobo, Jags, Baines. Gosling is a RM, not a RB. That's not even two men per position. And I know people keep banging on about Coleman and Duffy, but they've obviously not done enough for the reserves to look like first team players so far this season, so let's not clutch at straws.

So yeah, free agent with tons of Prem experience, gritty attitude and captain of his national side - plus a personal recommendation from Tiny Tim - no brainer really. And whoever said sign up Michael Ball for nowt, that's not a bad idea either coz the way i see it we have one natural left back in the squad at the moment

#66 Adpom

Adpom

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 09:46

Having a medical right now

#67 CaptainFerguson10

CaptainFerguson10

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 10:09

I believe he would be a good signing, his dirty yet decisive defending is exactly what we need at present. What is far more worrying is Moyes plan to play Heitinga in the middle, as stated here:

http://www.guardian....ansfer-football

Simply unbelievable.

#68 Sprooly

Sprooly

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 10:37

What has he ever done to you dickweed?

nothing douchebag

I dont rate him
and he is a money grabbing khunt

seriously he turned down Liverpool for West Ham!

#69 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,478 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 10:39

What is far more worrying is Moyes plan to play Heitinga in the middle...

Stated by an un-named Guardian journalist as expectation. How you can make that become "Moyes plan" is beyond me.

...new signing John Heitinga is expected to be required in central midfield to replace Neville.

#70 Zed

Zed

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 10:58

Kipper is a vile, and extremely unreliable site of horse manure. I wouldn't even ask them for the time of day, as those illiterates haven't a clue.

That quote could have been written about yourself

Despite all the obvious money grabbing quotes, I'm sure he'll do well for us

#71 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 11:17

http://www.liverpool...00252-24711242/

Also says Neville doesn't need an operation.

#72 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,210 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 11:20

http://www.nsno.co.u...s.php?item.5210

4 years seems a bit too long to me.

#73 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,032 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 11:26

That quote could have been written about yourself

Despite all the obvious money grabbing quotes, I'm sure he'll do well for us

haha burn!

#74 EFC-Paul

EFC-Paul

If you are going through hell....keep going

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 12:10

Im not a huge fan of Neill's but lets face it we need more bodies and if reports are true a one year deal with a view to extend sounds like good buisness to me.
Not sure if Moyes plans to play Heitinga in the holding/defensive role but he has played there before and hopefully when Jags is back i hope he gets back into his stride and puts Yobo back on the bench.

If he does sign any idea's on our backline?

Heitinga----Distin----Neill----Baines

Neill----Distin----Heitinga----Baines

Neill----Distin----Yobo----Baines

-------------Heitinga

Edited by EFC-Paul, 17 Sep 2009 - 12:20.

#75 ddd

ddd

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 12:10

Seriously why is anyone complaining bout the possible signing of lucas. Hes going to be one of the best defenders in your team if he signs. Although he is a CENTRAL defender first and foremost. He is better then jags. Use should play a back line of
Heitinga jags neil baines
with distin (left back/centre back) Yobo (centre back/right back) and Hibbert (right back) as your back ups.

#76 EFC-Paul

EFC-Paul

If you are going through hell....keep going

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 12:17

Seriously why is anyone complaining bout the possible signing of lucas. Hes going to be one of the best defenders in your team if he signs. Although he is a CENTRAL defender first and foremost. He is better then jags. Use should play a back line of
with distin (left back/centre back) Yobo (centre back/right back) and Hibbert (right back) as your back ups.

:axehead:

#77 hafnia

hafnia

Self-Proclaimed Oracle

• Members
  • 19,139 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 12:26

What a cracker, between that quote "better than Jags" and the thread "let's sell Pienaar" i'm going for a lie down.

#78 PFthetoffee

PFthetoffee

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 13:02

nothing on the everton website so unsure about the truth to this...would be a good option for us though. Nevilles injury has forced moyes to use heitinga as defensive midfielder as its not ideal to just have rodwell in that position - hopefully he can shake off his 'little boy lost'/'headless chicken' approach and settle there. Neil will then be used at RB as I don't think moyes wants to break up the yobo-distin partnership.....otherwise moysey, I can play right back!!!! ;)

#79 Jesse_Wray

Jesse_Wray

Joe Parkinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 14:19

If you're an Aussie, I'm deeply embarrased to be associated with you. There is NO WAY at all that Neill is better than Jags. No way. I don't even know why I'm arguing it!

#80 jofanon

jofanon

Kevin Sheedy

• Members
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 17 Sep 2009 - 14:32

Better than Jags?! Your mental.

Terry, Ferdinand, Vidic...

After that I'm running out of centre backs that are better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users