IGNORED

Lucas Neill

kurt321

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GTFO with your nonsense, Moyes doesn't play players out of position because he loves to, he does it out of necessity. Moyes favours knowing what he's going to get over an unknown quantity, because you can't plan for an unknown quantity.

Grow up and stop with the Moyes bashing.

Behave yourself and stop being pedantic!

Anyway after four years was mooted, he has signed for one year only. Will be interested to hear the breakdown of contract terms, and any possible extensions.

Edited by CaptainFerguson10

Personally I can't see anything wrong with this transfer.

We got rid of one player, and brought in 3 with the money and now another...as far as I'm concerned this is more great business for Moyes.

Our total possible* defense start of season:

Jags (injured)

Yobo

Lescott

Baines

Hibbert

Rodwell*

Neville

Gosling*

Our total possible* defence at present:

Jags(injured)

Yobo

Distin

Baines

Hibbert

Neill

Heitinga

Neville(injured)

Rodwell*

Gosling*

Rodwell and Gosling will normally play midfield, but Gosling showed great promise in last night's match of being a quality RB which means we now have up to 5 people who can play there, Neill as far as I know can also play CB so we have 5 for that, and we have 3 capable of playing left back.

Honestly compare our team now to last season, I'd say when our injuries are over in 6 - 8 weeks (longer for Neville), we'll be much stronger than we were, and be in a better position considering we have players coming back only 4 games in. Neill won't just walk into the team he'll have to fight to get in, but I for one am relishing the thought of a strong and experienced bench to back up a strong and experienced starting 11. Fuck spurs they always say they'll compete and wind up around 10th, Man City have the weight of expectation and their "stars" antics to deal with, Villa have lost strong players, and that's all we're really competing with for 5th. Depending on whether we can take the maximum from these next soft games (Blackburn H, Portsmouth A, Stoke H, Wolves H, Bolton A) we could be 4th by Halloween.

Or we could lose all confidence and play crap and end up bottom. Don't think so somehow.

I'm happy to see him in the squad. Thought he has always been great for Australia at international level and hope he does well at Everton. As has been said, bit of a hot head at times, hopefully it won't cost us.

To be honest I thought we may have secured his services before the window shut... given our need for a RB and financial difficulties... perhaps another excellent piece of business letting him lanquish for a month without playing, world cup looming, offering a lower wage and getting it accepted...

How much of the wage grab responsibility would fall on his agent? If the agent continually tells the player he's worth more and to hold out... or is it inflated self worth following west ham?

Cannot believe the reaction to this signing. All I ever hear from Everton fans is whinges about 1. Tony Hibbert not being up to EPL standard, and 2. We don't have enough squad depth to compete in both the EPL and Europa. And now, we go and sign a guy who can play Hibbert's position, and add some much needed depth to the squad, and most people seem annoyed at the signing? He's no world beater, but he'll do a job for us, and fill an important hole. Let's not forget, we signed him on a FREE.

And I for one love the fact that he turned down Liverpool. Makes his move to Goodison all the more sweeter.

I was a bit sceptical of signing him at first, but when I think about it another Aussie in the squad is always good :)

Lucas is a good player, having watched him many times for Australia and around the Premier League there is no doubt he is quality. My only concern now is I'm not all that keen to see Heitinga play at DM which is what seems will be the case now that Neill is here.

One question though, will Neill be eligable for Europe? I would have thought he would be because he hasn't played for anybody in Europe competition this season, unlike Heitinga who had and was therefore ineligable.

Assuming everyone is free from injury, what is our best defense now?

Heitinga Jags Distin Baines

Neill Jags Heitinga Baines

?

I posed the same question myself mate im not to sure what Moyes has planned with who and what we have brought in for a change a nice one at that we have plenty of options, Myself i think our strongest back line would be Heitinga Jags Distin Baines for me i think Distin will play a big part in our season with his experience and leadership qualities, Aslong as Jags gets back to his old self he is a cert and so is Baines im just unsure on how good Heitinga is as i've not seen enough of him to judge him fairly but from what little i have seen and what people think of him i would put at RB as he is quicker then both Hibbert and Neill and would complement Pienaar better.

---------------Howard

Heitinga----Jags----Distin----Baines

--------------Rodwell

Pienaar---Arteta----Fellaini---Bily

---------------Yakubu

Not a bad line up which ever way you shape it really :)

I posed the same question myself mate im not to sure what Moyes has planned with who and what we have brought in for a change a nice one at that we have plenty of options, Myself i think our strongest back line would be Heitinga Jags Distin Baines for me i think Distin will play a big part in our season with his experience and leadership qualities, Aslong as Jags gets back to his old self he is a cert and so is Baines im just unsure on how good Heitinga is as i've not seen enough of him to judge him fairly but from what little i have seen and what people think of him i would put at RB as he is quicker then both Hibbert and Neill and would complement Pienaar better.

---------------Howard

Heitinga----Jags----Distin----Baines

--------------Rodwell

Pienaar---Arteta----Fellaini---Bily

---------------Yakubu

Not a bad line up which ever way you shape it really :)

That's what I'd go for (although I might swap Yak with Saha).

Very balanced team.

Great little on paper, we just need to start playing to our abilities. We need some wins in the league pronto.

I was unsure about this at first but i've really come around to it now. Not much more you can ask for. Premier League and International experience. Has captained Blackburn, West Ham and Australia. All the players we have signed are captains (Niell, Hietinga, Distin, Bilyaletinov). He will be a great addition to the bench and adds the depth we need to challenge for Europe. When (and if) we have a full team available to us we will have a very strong line-up and bench, which is a very refreshing change. I for one can't remember having such depth to the team in recent years, weare not perfect yet in terms of numbers but we are getting close.

Thought he came across quite well in his little interview on Ch5. Didn't sound at all like the Billy Big Balls I thought he would. Praise for Moyes, praised the club, said it would be good playing with Cahill, and then said he hoped to play a 'small but significant part' in our season.

Like a lot of folk on here I was unsure about him, but he is a decent player who adds depth and experience to a good squad.

All in all, quite pleased with the lads we've brought in! Well done Moyesy!