IGNORED

Taking Other Teams Songs

paul

So what's everyone's favourite song that other teams sung that we've never had a version of?

I've always liked Millwall's one:

No one likes us we don't care, We are Millwall, Super Millwall, We are Millwall from the den

Chelsea: One man went to mow, went to mow a meadow

Their words are bit silly but it sounds good when they sing it

Arsenal's old one to 'Cant take my eyes off you':

We love you Ljungberg and if its quite alright, We need you Ljungberg in the Redand White...

And Finally Man U

Forever and ever, we'll follow our team, we are United, the Busby Babes, For we won't be mastered, by who, by you Cockney.....etc!

And finally Man U again

Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, riding through the Glen, Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs with his band of men

As far as I know we've never had a song to any of those tunes. So they'd be my first choice tunes for any new Everton Songs!

What about everyone elses faves?

I think we have a poor selection of songs that actually get an outing on match day.......

"ooo its a corner" was a classic

I'm a bit concerned you know a couple of united songs though.......

Although don't know any of the words I'm always impressed with chants from the continental fans.... they usually don't seem to be singing to any tune that I know........ always impressed non the less.....

Edited by DangerMouse

I think we have a poor selection of songs that actually get an outing on match day.......

"ooo its a corner" was a classic

I'm a bit concerned you know a couple of united songs though.......

Although don't know any of the words I'm always impressed with chants from the continental fans.... they usually don't seem to be singing to any tune that I know........ always impressed non the less.....

I remember the 'ooh its a corner' one! When Hinchcliffe used to whip them in for Dunc!

The foreign ones are like a mass of noise with a tune that goes on for half an hour! They sound intense though!

Feeling bad about picking 2 United songs now! I blame them them being on the tele!

I would be a bit worried if anyone who sits by me started singing songs about Milwall or Utd to be honest... :mellow:

:lol:

I am quite happy with the ones we have got, i agree our selection isnt the largest but there are some decent ones.

I would be happy to have just one song if it meant the atmosphere would improve, frankly, its being embarrassing at times during the last couple of seasons. There have been one or two matches were the crowd have been immense (Duncan 1-0 Utd springs to mind, what a night...) but they are sadly few and far between. When Goodison is rocking I doubt there is a player in the world that would want to be playing there, I remember Frank Lampard saying he hates it here...which is nice :D

Sadly recently the only time the crowd start to get behind the team is if a good hard challange goes in (Neville against the lady boy from portugal earlier this year...the atmosphere was immense...and we got a point, coincidence, I think not :)*pats himself on the back*) OR if the referee is even worse than usual (Renee matches are always good atmopsheres :lol:)

It would be nice to see Goodision rocking every other week again, a singing stand like at City anyone???

best of the lot is ...we shall not be moved....which we started in 66 when we went on our cup run and won it...most memorable day was bedford town away it was unbelievable it had the lot singing drinking dancin on tables that was before the match.

Sounds class! Any other good ones from then?

I heard that at Bolton, when Anelka played for them, they used to sing the song "Monster" by the band The Automatic, but instead they changed it to:

"What's that coming over the hill, is it Anelka? Is it Anelka?"

Personally I reckon that is genius, making a great song new age song into a football chant.

Hey here's an idea.... it doesn't sound as good but it could probably pass:

"What's that coming over the hill, is it Arteta? Is it Arteta?"

:P

i must admit i know a fair few united songs from going to OT, they do have loads of them, creative too.

we seem to sing only a couple at home, but on the away games there are a few more ive never heard at Goodison.

agree with Ian, and i think we've had this conversation before, but there is no atmosphere at Goodison anymore.

I heard that at Bolton, when Anelka played for them, they used to sing the song "Monster" by the band The Automatic, but instead they changed it to:

Personally I reckon that is genius, making a great song new age song into a football chant.

I don't know who started that, whether it was Bolton or Cardiff City, because Cardiffs chant used to be:

"What's that coming over the hill is it a Chopra? It's Michael Chopra!"

In fact I'm pretty sure it was Cardiff because that is where The Automatic are from...

spose we could use that new kings of leon song sex is on fire

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH...............ARTETA'S ON FI-IRE!

Edited by The Regulator

there is a version of monster we sing, its aimed at gerrard - "whats that cumming over your wife, is it a mobster? is it a mobster?"

The Automatic one has done the rounds, we actually sang it for Andy Johnson but changed the words to "whos that scoring again its Andy Johnson" etc, even Wigan sang it about Heskey. I agree that the singing at away games is better but that fucking half time at away games where everyone congregates down the stairs singing ".........and we love our Neville Southall etc..........." does my fucking head in, then the silly sods put it on youtube, so embarrassing. Personally i like it that we are differwent and don't have numerous comical ditties, id rather leave that to the inbred fuckers over the road. However i did like the "Robbie Fowlers illegitimate, he ain't got no birth certificate, hes got aids and cant get rid of it, poor old smack head b*****d" and "Super Kev Campbell, he scores in a scramble, he knows where the fucking net is"

We have organized supporter groups here in portugal, and with regards to Sporting, there've been some problems in the past, so now our more creative guys are called Directivo Ultras XXI. They have a lot of chants, for each player, and a lot for the team, and they sing for the entire game. Sadly, the songs (with a few exceptions) are not sung by the entire stadium, since mostly others don't know them, or don't want to sing songs from DUXXI... Stupid, really, but what can you do...?

Anyways, here's a link to their media page, where you can hear some of their chants:

http://duxxi.org/sporting/index.php?option...0&Itemid=92

If there's anyone in particular you want me to translate, I'll do it, just let me know and I'll try.

anyways, here's a few videos too:

Lirics:

Todos ao estadio durante todo o ano

toda é festa é so porque te amo

eu vou cantar mesmo que fique rouco

se tu venceres fazes-me ficar louco...

Nao posso viver sem ti tenho que te ver ganhar

estaremos sempre aqui onde o Sporting jogar

eu estarei sempre a cantar

cantar ate ficar rouco faz-me ficar Louco

Força Sporting allez la la la la la la la la la la la ..

Translated, it's something like this:

Everyone to the stadium all troughout the year

All this celebration is because I love you

I'm going to sing, even if I go hoarse

If you you win, you make me go insane

I can't live without you, i need to see you win

We'll always be here, wherever Sporting plays

I will always be singing

singing untill i go hoarse, you make me go insane

Go Sporting Allez la la la la la la la la la la la...

Lirics:

se algum dia não vires as nossas bandeiras...

se algum dia o tambor não tocar...

se algum dia a nossa voz tu não ouvires...

então Sporting o mundo vai acabar...

se algum dia se apagar a nossa chama...

se algum dia a nossa força nos faltar...

se algum dia não ouvires que te amo...

então Sporting o mundo vai acabar...

If someday you don't see our flags

If someday the drum doesn't beat

If someday our voice isn't heard

Then Sporting, the world is gonna end

If someday our flame goes out

If someday our strengh is lacking

If someday you don't year that I love you

Then Sporting, the world is gonna end

There's a couple of others i'd like to leave for your consideration:

sung to the tune of My way, by Sinatra ;):

O Mundo sabe que

Pelo teu amor, eu sou doente

Farei o meu melhor

Para te ver sempre na frente

Irei onde o coração me levar

E sem receio...

Farei...o que puder

Pelo meu Sporting

The world knows that

For your love, i am sick

I'll do my best

To always see you in the lead

I'll go wherever my heart takes me

And with no fear

I'll do.. whatever i can

For my Sporting

this last one is one of my favorites, i have it as a ring tone on my cellphone, i tried to find a video or link, but couldn't... if I do, i'll link it later:

Força força Sporting

Contigo em toda a parte

Eu te amo

Contigo quero dar

A volta ao Mundo

Quero passar contigo

Todo o ano

Todo o ano

Isso que diz toda a gente

Que somos violentos

E somos delinquentes

Não lhes faço caso

Vou a todo o lado

Sou da Juve Leo

Sou descontrolado

La La La La La La...

Go go Sporting

With you everywhere

I love you

With you i want to go

Around the world

I want to be with you

All through the year

All through the year

The things that everyone says

That we're violent

That we're delinquents

I don't give them credit

I go everywhere

I'm from Juve Leo

I'm out of control

La La La La La La...

This last one, i can't remember the tune... It's just out of my reach, you know...? When I think i have it, it slips away...;)

Edited by Sporting4ever

I've not been able to get to a game for a long while now so not too sure on any existing chants for us. Used to love the Hinchcliffe "OOH... Its a corner. OOH... its a corner"!

'I am the musicman I come from down your way and I can play... what can you play? I play Pienaar.

Pi-a-Pi-a-Pi-e-naar-Pi-e-naar......'

Unless we already use that one!