IGNORED

What A Difference A Couple Of Games Make...

Ian

We have looked like a completley different team in the last few games. Im not getting carried away (just yet :D) but the team spirit and fight that I thought we have been lacking seems to have came back. Players are finding their form again (or for the first time in the carreer!) and The Fell has started to win me over....

The team look more confident, are passing the ball better and figthing for every ball. There have been a few players though that have impressed me of late though:

Hibbert has learnt to pass a ball and can still tacklen the way every supporter wants it to be done, top performances recently.

Neville has learnt to shoot AND pass - I've never doubted his commitment, I just dont think hes that good but I take my hat off to him, outstanding against Chelsea and didnt put a foot wrong against Sunderland.

The Fell is looking alot more comfortable on the ball and is actually running from time to time now! . He has good feet and does show some nice touches. My only worry is he hasnt got the ability to jump yet but if he masters running then jumping should be a doddle :lol:

The best little Spaniard we know is started to show the magic again, hopefully the confidence is returning and we see Mikky causing the problems he gave Sunderland all afternoon.

It may be too early to heap praise on them but these players can only be more confident after their last couple of performances so I can only see things getting better for them. Obviously the likes of Jags need a mention but hes not put a foot wrong all season (well...maybe once :D). He has turned out to be one of the bargains of the Premier League, a PROPER defender.

KEEP IT UP BLUES, YOU MAKE FREEZING ME BOLLOCKS ON A CRAMPED PLASTIC SEAT ALL WORTH WHILE!

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

I agree 100% mate. After the summer and the start to the season we'd had I was becoming very disillusioned with the club, and came home after every game pissed off because the team and manager were not showing the commitment that we've come to expect. But for the past month or so the fight is back, the commitment and will to win is back, and even more importantly we're playing fantastic football (finally!). People may say we played good football last season but it really was only in sort bursts, and against Sunderland we dominated from start to finish and I can't remember the last time we did that to a team. Even last season against Sunderland (the 7-1) we didn't actually dominate and control the whole game, it's strange to say but true. I was genuinely blown away yesterday watching us play, there was composure and a swagger that has been non-existent this season and it really was a joy to watch. I just hope we keep it up and that we've got our run of bad form out of the way early.

I know I keep saying it, but can you just imagine where we'd be if our home form was as it should be? Arggghhh.

I started a thread, about 3 or 4 days ago with a similar content but hardly any responses. Maybe it takes us to play crap before people want to get their points across, strange, very strange.

I've been getting my point across for four years matey ;)

Guest efctaxi

I think it's only fair to state our unbeaten run coincided with my arrival :) After the Villa match , I figured it was time to jump onboard and get our tactics in place :D

If I can still say that come February , you can all chip in and buy me a season ticket :lol:

What is noticeable, is how those people who were all on here slagging Moyes earlier in the season have now once again disappeared from view, how anyone could doubt our best manager in decades was always beyond me, the guy deserved time to turn it around and as most rational Evertonians expected, he's done it again and made us into one of the best teams in the league. Funny how we aren't seeing any anti-Everton, anti-Kenwright diatribes at the moment either, it seems that some members wait until we're at our lowest ebb before printing rumours and innuendo and sticking the boot into BK and Moyes, trying to gain support using fear and paranoia as their main weapons. Once again, they've been silenced by performances on the pitch and the record turnover. But as we all know, some Evertonians will still find something to moan about. Well done Moyes, well done the players and well done BK for sticking by Moyes, for keeping hold of our best players and for sanctioning the ever improving Fellaini. If only Villa didn't keep spawning undeserved wins we'd be right in the mix for 4th, if we pick up results in our next 3 to 4 league games then we can really go for the Champions League especially as we don't have any European matches later in the season to tire us out.

I think it's only fair to state our unbeaten run coincided with my arrival :) After the Villa match , I figured it was time to jump onboard and get our tactics in place :D

If I can still say that come February , you can all chip in and buy me a season ticket :lol:

YEH Right!.....we could all chip in for that season ticket....or we could all kick your ass for not joining sooner :rolleyes:

To be honest....I did notice we improved around the time you joined!.....your not Moyesy are you?

I totally agree with Carlmc 25. People are easily persuaded to join the large rolling bandwagons, especially when it comes to agreeing with dissenters. I admit that I openly criticised the performance at Wigan and certain individual performances but believe me after witnessing what i saw that night i feel i had every right to. I also questioned the input of Steve Round, however i also argued that once the team spirit returned and that tactics where sorted(with Rounds involvement) and as well as the bedding down of new players that things would improve. This has been evident in the past 6 games or so and long may that continue. Anyway lets get behind the lads, staring on saturday and continue that on the push for a great season, see you all on Saturday.

Shit, I must have missed my disappearance since our form has improved :huh: .

I'm not a fan who only has something to say when we're shite. If the team and management get something right then i'll praise them, and when they're fucking up I'll talk about that too. I expect the best from Everton and when I can see it's going tits up I'll have a moan, just like now we're playing extremely well and with the passion we've come to expect I've been singing their praises. You might not like that but I don't really care. So tbh Carl, you're talking out of your arse. It's fair enough if you don't like people criticising the club etc but snide little comments about it are out of order. I'm sure there are plenty of people who disagree with things you say but you have the right to say what you want about the club, the same as anyone. Bear that in mind.

Edited by Romey 1878

Shit, I must have missed my disappearance since our form has improved :huh: .

I'm not a fan who only has something to say when we're shite. If the team and management get something right then i'll praise them, and when they're fucking up I'll talk about that too. I expect the best from Everton and when I can see it's going tits up I'll have a moan, just like now we're playing extremely well and with the passion we've come to expect I've been singing their praises. You might not like that but I don't really care. So tbh Carl, you're talking out of your arse. It's fair enough if you don't like people criticising the club etc but snide little comments about it are out of order. I'm sure there are plenty of people who disagree with things you say but you have the right to say what you want about the club, the same as anyone. Bear that in mind.

Having a moan is everyone's right, but deliberately trying to promote rumour and innuendo during times of unrest just to try and get people onto the anti-BK, anti-Kirkby cause is what is out of order. Basically, people know if they posted that type of rubbish now no one would take any notice, so they wait until Evertonians are at their lowest, at their weakest and then they spread their propaganda, it's pathetic to prey on other's fears but if you think it's ok then that's your choice.

I have moaned about Moyes plenty in the past and his substitution policy is still not something I am a fan of, but I was talking about those fans calling for his head earlier in the season even after everything he has done for this club, that was a disgrace.

Having a moan is everyone's right, but deliberately trying to promote rumour and innuendo during times of unrest just to try and get people onto the anti-BK, anti-Kirkby cause is what is out of order. Basically, people know if they posted that type of rubbish now no one would take any notice, so they wait until Evertonians are at their lowest, at their weakest and then they spread their propaganda, it's pathetic to prey on other's fears but if you think it's ok then that's your choice.

I have moaned about Moyes plenty in the past and his substitution policy is still not something I am a fan of, but I was talking about those fans calling for his head earlier in the season even after everything he has done for this club, that was a disgrace.

I understand your point to a certain extent Carl but to be fair its not like people had time to jump on any bandwagon this season as we played very poorly from the start of the season so as like most Evertonians i expected us to carry on where we left off the prior season.

As Romey said if we are playing shite people have as much of a right to voice there opinions as to when we are playing well.

I do agree on the Moyes point but i can see why people feel the way they do to be honest at times im sure most fans have been very frustrated with Moyes and his tactics and the same but on a wider scale can be said of Kenwright. In the transfur window the man himself said in interviews that we had funds and we where looking at good players which did not pan out as expected as we all know.

It just comes down to matter of opinion and how others react to the good and the bad times its pretty pointless labeling other Evertonions as we are in it together.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I understand your point to a certain extent Carl but to be fair its not like people had time to jump on any bandwagon this season as we played very poorly from the start of the season so as like most Evertonians i expected us to carry on where we left off the prior season.

As Romey said if we are playing shite people have as much of a right to voice there opinions as to when we are playing well.

I do agree on the Moyes point but i can see why people feel the way they do to be honest at times im sure most fans have been very frustrated with Moyes and his tactics and the same but on a wider scale can be said of Kenwright. In the transfur window the man himself said in interviews that we had funds and we where looking at good players which did not pan out as expected as we all know.

It just comes down to matter of opinion and how others react to the good and the bad times its pretty pointless labeling other Evertonions as we are in it together.

I think every one of us was worried at the beginning of the season and quite frankly shocked at how badly we were playing and our lack of signings. I just don't think we needed totally unfounded rumours about Moyes walking out, having no money, why Wyness left etc. For me, too many people were trying to further their own agendas rather than supporting the club. It's no real surprise that some fans were calling for Moyes head, as disappointing as it was it's been apparent for a long time that football fans are a fickle bunch!

or maybe, just maybe thats because the public enquiry has now brought everything out and there is little left to say. you ask a businessman what turnover means, i'll wait until profit is brought into the public eye before i take notice of that rubbish. i have 100% faith in Elstone, so i wont get on his back, but its gunna take him a few years to fix the mess left behind by Wyness.

anyway, moyes has sorted his players out, or signed his contract, depends which way you wanna look at it. but its all rosey again now, happy days.