IGNORED

Richard Wright

iggy

From Bluekipper...........................

1. Richard Wright

George Burley at Southampton is keen we are told to take Dickie back under his wing. George was the manager at Ipswich, when without doubt Dickie enjoyed the best spell of his career, forcing himself into the England reckoning. If the rumours are true, we don't believe Moyesy will be hanging out for a kings ransom for the Everton keeper. Southampton are in the market for an experienced keeper having lost Annti Niemi to Fulham, and as we know Dickie has been on his last chance saloon for many a season now. (04/04/06)

Could see this happening, but only if he gets replaced.

Edited by iggy1956

Wright hasn't taken his chance with Martyn out injured. He has looked as dodgy as ever, he will definately be gone in the summer.

You would have to assume that Martyn's injury means retirement - if not then thats a bonus.

So Keepers have now come a priority.

Don't think Howard is a bad call at the moment - made one or two mistakes at Man U, but what keeper doesn't make the odd mistake. Mistakes in Utds goal is usually well documented so seem worse than it may actually be. Think Fergy has a habit of sapping keepers confidence.

Wright will be gone this summer, that I am sure of.

You would have to assume that Martyn's injury means retirement - if not then thats a bonus.

When he does hang his gloves up I hope they appoint him as the new 'keepers coach. No-one seems to have improved in any way under Woods (As good a keeper as he was) so a change can't hurt surely.

Guest fozzie22
When he does hang his gloves up I hope they appoint him as the new 'keepers coach. No-one seems to have improved in any way under Woods (As good a keeper as he was) so a change can't hurt surely.

Been saying that for awhile too ;)

I don't think we are going to get much higher in the Prem position wise. So bar the shouting our season is pretty much over.

So with Wright a definate for the door this summer, I think Turner should be given a 'no pressure' chance in goal, one for the experience and second to see what he is actually made of.

I am not one for throwing them in at the deepend when there is pressure on the team to get results. But now is a good time.

If he raises to the challenge, then I may mean we only have to realistically look for one keeper this summer. Look at Paul Robinson - not all keepers have to be in their late 20's early 30's before they shine. Remember, Robinson kept our own Nig out of the Leeds goal at a tender age.

Just think its a good time for Everton to experiment a little with some of our younger players.

I agree Ruffrob.

Normally at this stage of the season over the last few years we have either been fighting the drop of trying to get into europe so might be a good time with no real pressure as Europe this season is a long shot.

beattiebabes said..........WE CANT RELY ON JUST TURNER TO CARRY THE TEAM.

I seem to think we have TWO KEEPERS who are worth a chance, and isnt Ruddy more experienced.??

Turner......9 mins and sent off. :blink:

Ruddy......81 mins and a clean sheet. :)