IGNORED

An Appealing Thread!

MikeO

Those who've been around on ToffeeTalk for a while will remember that the site crashed and burned for a few days around this time last year, and we were all left trying to find some meaning or purpose in our sad lives without it...or was that just me :unsure: .

The details of what happened, for anyone interested, are HERE.

The upshot of it all was that Louis took on running costs of £44.00 a year which are now due again. He obviously makes no money from operating TT, it's a labour of love for him and for the rest of us who contribute toward the running of the site.

So...if you feel able to contribute toward the costs it'd be greatly appreciated, even just a pound or two from twenty or thirty members and it'd be covered.

There's a paypal logo on the top of the page. If you don't know how to use paypal or are unable to for some reason but still feel moved to help then pm Louis and I'm sure some other method can be arranged....used notes/gold bullion...that sort of thing :P .

Many thanks.

Yeah feeling generous today :P

Doesn't mean the rest of you shouldn't donate in anticipation of next years hosting costs :D

That's great EW, you're a star!

Thanks Matt also!!

Like the man said though, any extra donations can go towards next year, so feel free to help :) .

To be fair, I think Portsmouth would accept a similar amount for him! :)

E-W, It's very much appreciated - thank you :)

Also, a big thank you to everybody else who has made a donation - there's enough in there to renew the domain for another year as well now!!

To be fair, I think Portsmouth would accept a similar amount for him! :)

E-W, It's very much appreciated - thank you :)

Also, a big thank you to everybody else who has made a donation - there's enough in there to renew the domain for another year as well now!!

We could make money by charging £1 every time members log in :P

And thanks Worshiper :)

Edited by dark

If you need to raise more cash for anything else, why not sell ToffeeTalk t-shirts, mugs etc.... add a few quid on top of manufacturing cost and that should bring in some cash to put aside for a rainy day, competition to win a match ticket thats another idea

Just a thought

Put me down for coffee mug if you take up the idea

erm..not quite

I live in an unsavoury part of town, I wouldnt put it past any red shite fan to put a big long scratch down my car because we bitch slapped em in their own ground on derby day, i've even got one of those EFC teddy mascotts that would look sweet on my dash, but I love my car too much, and yes its blue, all my cars have been and always will be, I draw the line at illuminous yellow though :D

I've got one of those mini scarves on my back window, plus an EFC number plate :D . I'd certainly put up a TT sticker Bill ;):lol: .

Incidentally, and old car of mine got vandalised (twice) because it had a League Against Cruel Sports sticker in the window. Rural Devon, urban Liverpool, there's always someone <_< .

Since I put an Everton sticker in my back window, my car has been bricked, had brake fluid sprayed on it and been vandalised in a car park.

The sticker is still there though.

By the way I live in a very desolate part of North Wales.

(Maybe it isn't the sticker then, maybe it is because I am not Welsh? Hmmmm)

If you need to raise more cash for anything else, why not sell ToffeeTalk t-shirts, mugs etc.... add a few quid on top of manufacturing cost and that should bring in some cash to put aside for a rainy day, competition to win a match ticket thats another idea

Just a thought

Put me down for coffee mug if you take up the idea

Tee's would be cool. Bluekipper seems to be selling enough of them so why can't ToffeeTalk? I think we should invest, so long as they're awesome. How about some ToffeeTalk Converse/VANS? B):rolleyes::P

On a serious note - TShirts, Mugs and Stickers would be awesome. So long as they are at a reasonable price they would sell to everyone. Because its all for a good cause so why not?

• 11 months later...

If anyone would like to donate to TT's hosting cost for this year, then please feel free to do so !

Invoice Items Premier Package - toffeetalk.com (26/01/2010 - 25/01/2011) £38.25

------------------------------ ------------------------

Sub Total: £38.25

15.00% VAT: £5.74

Credit: £0.00

Total: £43.99

If anyone would be so kind as to make a donation, it would be greatly appreciated:

Paypal - admin@toffeetalk.com

pixel.gif

The eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed that there would have been money left over from donations last year. There was and I introduced two other services to the site using that money and my own which I thought will improve the site:

IP Blog - users can create their own blogs (sadly no one took the option up other than Jamie)

IP Content - to be used in conjunction with the site relaunch which is taking a while to get started, for now I've put up a few player profiles until I get to work scripting the site properly. It will allow people to comment on and rate articles using their TT login. You should see the benefits of this in the near future - I've got some plans but they will take a while to organise and implement (I say this every year!).

The combined cost of those two features was around £60.

I have just donated 5.00 just now also

E.W thats a brilliant thing to do, very generous at this time of year! Sadly all the other donators now despise you as you blew us all out of the water. You are the man city of donators haha

Just joking :) haha!

Edited by craigb

• 2 years later...

If anybody wants to chip in for this month, it'd be appreciated.

I've upgraded the service twice this month to tide us over the transfer deadline. The site was offline for a few minutes the other day and just now because people are visiting following the Man Utd result. I've had to upgrade the package on both occasions to keep the site active.

It'll be restored to the normal package once the window has closed.