IGNORED

Would You Sell Lescott?

carlmc25

If this question was asked a couple of months ago the general opinion would have been yes, sell the bastard. But Lescott is coming back to form, the form that won us all over in the first place so it is a big no from me. Plus, for such a big guy he is very mobile at getting forward.

On the other hand, if someone came in with a Rio Ferdinand type transfer figure (~£18m) I would let him go but we know this won't happen.

I wouldn't be so sure on that, we all know how much Man City are willing to pay for players, I can see something like this happening.

On the other hand, would I sell Lescott? Hell no. We have 3 centre backs at the club, if he goes we will need a more than suitable replacement, and I can't see one coming to us. As I mentioned in a previous post, Yobo being injured will help keep Lescott at Everton because at the moment he is in his desired position.

Guest efctaxi
If this question was asked a couple of months ago the general opinion would have been yes, sell the bastard. But Lescott is coming back to form, the form that won us all over in the first place so it is a big no from me. Plus, for such a big guy he is very mobile at getting forward.

On the other hand, if someone came in with a Rio Ferdinand type transfer figure (~£18m) I would let him go but we know this won't happen.

Didn't Ferdinand go for closer to £30 mill ?

He went to Leeds for about £18m and Man U for about £30m... I'd take £30m!!!!! :lol:

The problem is attracting replacements. We have the Liege forward on other threads saying we're not a big club, rubbish or not that will get picked up across the continent and with us not throwing money at players it makes finding replacements difficult. We need to keep what players we have as the squad is miniscule as it is.

We may have to continue the policy of recruiting the best from the Championship, however, I for one are uncomfortable with this as, although we've had great success so far, that won't always be the case. I suppose every transfer is a gamble though, regardless of which level you sign them from (think Seba Veron!!!)

There is a very promising CB who plays for Sheffield Wednesday that Moyes is rumoured to be scouting. I can see us picking up another CB, maybe not in January transfer window but certainly in the summer.

Think your talking about Beevers. He looks handy but can't see him being anywhere near as good or versatile as Lescott.

We seem to have been linked with the Sheff Wed lad for the past year to 18 months, along with other clubs, yet no-one has taken the plunge and gone for him... ?

Still developing and gaining experience, something he wouldn't get right now. I imagine as soon as one club goes for him, other clubs will materialise with a bid.

Parker is Billy Big time, has turned us down in the past and I wouldn't want him here. He preferred to sit on the bench at Chelski than come to us a few years back so stuff him. Granted, if he was likely to get a game at Chelski fair play but realistically that was never on the cards so he can do one.

Upson would command big wages- bigger than our structure would allow and we wouldn't get him for much less than we would sell Lescott for so we'd lose Lescott's versatility for a net profit of approx £2m which wouldn't buy you anyone.

I was critical of Lescott earlier in the season as he spent all summer complaining about how he wanted to play CB, yet had managed to get into the England squad on the back of his LB displays. Add to that he was sh!te at CB early in the season and had this question been asked on November I'd have given a resounding YES! However, he seems to have come through that spell now and is playing a lot better and concentrating on football and not giving interviews telling people how good he is at CB so now I'd like to keep him (until the end of the season at least)

Alternately, if we were offered £12m for Cahill now would you accept? Lot of money for a player approaching 30... but pivotal and would we be able to bring anyone in as replacement???

think you have that confused there, he rejected us for newcastle when leaving chelsea. Before he went to chelsea he was at charlton and the money chelsea paid for him we wouldnt of been able to match.

I think Everton can sell Yakubu and Saha.

As we all know Saha gets injured. And im pretty sure half the time its not that serious. And he extends it.

As for Yakubu. Well hes not that great in my eyes. And he often has a poor work ethic.

I would rather Anichebe or Cahill up front.

Hmm..I'm not too sure about that myself mate. Saha is injury prone, but when he's fit he's a good player. Once he's back in the team he will bring in the goals. Yakubu for me can go, and we could push for a good fee with today's market. Saha needs to stay. Anichebe up front would be a disaster, I dont rate him at all and playing him week-in-week-out would do no differance. He isn't good enough for Everton.

IMO.

Keep Saha, play him up-front with Cahill behind.

Sell Yakubu for a good fee (replace) and sell Anichebe.

THE QUESTION: Should we sell lescott. The Answer: After the last 6 games no. Have been amazing since going back to center half. Maybe a more appropiate question is SHOULD WE SELL YOBO? In my oppinion definatly not. We need all players but we should keep the same team and partenership in center defence until form changes, suspensions or injuries. Sorry joey you will have to wait your turn mate:-)

Edited by binns True Blue

If Yobo, Lescott and Jagielka aren't prepared to battle it out for the two central defencive positions, then we may have a problem ahead.Jagielka would be a desperate miss if injured......even more so if we sell either Lescott or Yobo.....Those three players are part of Evertons future.Sell none of them!

If we got off offered between £15-£20 million you would have to say yes i'm afraid. We could pick up Mancienne from Chelsea for £4-5 million and get a striker or buy moutinihio. We could have all the money up front too. I would ask for Sturridge and £15 miilion seen as he wont get a sniff there.

If we got off offered between £15-£20 million you would have to say yes i'm afraid. We could pick up Mancienne from Chelsea for £4-5 million and get a striker or buy moutinihio. We could have all the money up front too. I would ask for Sturridge and £15 miilion seen as he wont get a sniff there.

What's the obsession from people with Mancienne? He's done NOTHING and proved NOTHING yet. We bought Lescott, Jagielka, Cahill etc because they had PROVED they were the best of the players in the league for a prolonged period of time so they weren't that much of a gamble.

I don't agree with you at all to be honest. Lescott, Jagielka and Cahill were BIG gambles considering the lack of money we have have and the fact that even if they are good in the championship it means nothing until you play in the premier league. Mancienne has been outstanding in the under 21's for England and went out on loan to Wolves and stood out that much he got called up in the full England squad. On the back of this he was immmediately recalled to Chelsea were he is now. I think that for four or five million he would represent a far lesser risk than going for somebody like Berra at hearts because Mancinne is playing against world class players in training every day.

Cahill - £1.75 million

Jagielka - £4million and he was their captain, won player of the year a few years in a row and had a year in the Premiership. And United effectively paid US for Jagielka by taking Beattie and Naysmith.

Lescott - £5million and widely regarded as the best CB in the league at that time, even with a year out. £2million upfront and the rest on the drip based on appearances due to that injury.

Then you have Mancienne.

£4million-£5million. No Premiership experience at all and not likely to get any at Chelsea. Had a few good months in the Championship, not even a full season there. Played for the under-21s a few times and looked decent. Called up to the first team squad but didn't get a look in.

The bigger gamble, for me anyway, would clearly be with Mancienne.

I think Everton can sell Yakubu and Saha.

As we all know Saha gets injured. And im pretty sure half the time its not that serious. And he extends it.

As for Yakubu. Well hes not that great in my eyes. And he often has a poor work ethic.

I would rather Anichebe or Cahill up front.

haha don't talk stupid

I doubt chelsea would sell mancienne at the moment anyway - it'd be like us selling rodwell. Neither are quite ready to hold down a first team place but the potential there is evident - rodwell has played more for us as we have a little less competition than chelsea! Mancienne is obviously class and wouldn't be a gamble - why would cappello select him? The over-riding factor why we wouldn't replace lescott with mancienne for £4-5m is that chelsea wouldn't sell.

haha don't talk stupid

Stupid? What does Saha offer? A decent strike once every 4 games with some power, that doesn't hit the target?

He has 3 goals from 11 games. And we have won both games which is 6 points there.

Cahill has scored winner against Stoke. Scored and we drew with Hull. Scored winner against Man City. Scored winner against Middlesbrough. 10 points there. Not bad for a midfielder.

I can't really compare the two. Cahill gives his all for the team and pressures the defenders. Saha and Yakubu have attitude problems, commentators have said this throughout the season. There workrate is poor when pressuring the opposition.

Whereas Cahill gives his all for the team. Scores match winners. And is the closest thing to a beast, i have seen for his aerial ability!

Plus he works better with Fellaini.