IGNORED

Everton Kirkby inquiry: Blues risk 10,000 cut at stadium

...the club could miss out on £6.25m (providing average ticket price was £25 inc. kids)

But you're basing that on sell-out crowds for every game, irrespective of whether it's a capacity of 50,000 or 40,000, so that's a bit deceptive.

The club surely aren't modelling their financial projections on a packed house for a Carling Cup tie against Hartlepool (for example) are they?

There are 2 sides to this Mike on one hand there needs to be a baseline for financial comparison, which in this case is based on full capacity every game - it helps to quantify the difference in financial terms. On the other hand it is quite obvious we will not fill the stadium for every signle game and we do not know how far we will get in each competition.

I wouldn't say the club would miss out on £6.25m but the club would have had the potential to earn an extra £6.25m because there is no guarentee we would fill out the stadium anyway.

40,000 capacity?

Millions spent to build the stadium.

Stadium not owned by the club.

Stadium outside the city.

Forgive me for being obtuse, but I simply do not see the point of continuing with this..

40,000 capacity is what we have now and is only speculation of what we will have in the future.

We are hardly going to build a stadium for £100,000's now then are we.

Loads of clubs do not own their stadium, look at the richest club in the world.

Stadium outside the city has never held any merit whatsoever with me, what if the stadium outside the city was the best in the world & cost us nothing....still argue against it?

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

40,000 capacity is what we have now and is only speculation of what we will have in the future.

We are hardly going to build a stadium for £100,000's now then are we.

Loads of clubs do not own their stadium, look at the richest club in the world.

Stadium outside the city has never held any merit whatsoever with me, what if the stadium outside the city was the best in the world & cost us nothing....still argue against it?

I do see your point. But to continue your argument, (and this is not meant to sound nasty, just to emphasise my opinion)

One of the finest stadiums in the world is the San Siro, and it is already being shared. So why not just move there? It is a magnificent stadium with a huge capacity and lots of atmosphere, and it is outside Liverpool. So that ticks all the boxes for those in favour of a move doesn't it? Still think you will attend all the home games?

Seriously, the only way I would be in favour of a move to Kirkby now would be a capacity of over 80,000 and a guarantee it would be filled every game. Not very likely is it?

Anyway I have made position clear, hopefully without causing offense to those with a different opinion to my own.

• 3 weeks later...
I do see your point. But to continue your argument, (and this is not meant to sound nasty, just to emphasise my opinion)

One of the finest stadiums in the world is the San Siro, and it is already being shared. So why not just move there? It is a magnificent stadium with a huge capacity and lots of atmosphere, and it is outside Liverpool. So that ticks all the boxes for those in favour of a move doesn't it? Still think you will attend all the home games?

Seriously, the only way I would be in favour of a move to Kirkby now would be a capacity of over 80,000 and a guarantee it would be filled every game. Not very likely is it?

Anyway I have made position clear, hopefully without causing offense to those with a different opinion to my own.

If it's reduced by 10,000 to 40,000, why don't we just stay at Goodison.

i dont think the location is a massive problem, its the logistics of it. it will not be very easy access. we have it good at goodison now. pretty much everybody can park with in a 15minute walk from the ground, and with it being so spread out can be away easily enough. i know we park in grandison road, just over queens drive. we can be in rainhill 45minutes after the match has finished.

the logistics of kirkby i believe there will only be two or three roads open that lead into kirkby, an the residential areas will be no park zones. any one person will be lucky to be out of kirkby in under an hour.

for example, i work on edge lane. if i work saturdays i work until 12:30. if kick off is at 3:00 i'll struggle to get there for kick off. in current times a lot of people have to work shifts on a weekend to make ends meet. i dont think i'll be the only one in this position.

i'll add to this a night match. finish work anywhere at 5:30, in rush hour traffic see if you can get home to pick up the kids and get to the match (unless you live in kirkby of course) now i dont have kids so i'm fine there. but i'll still want to go home and get a shower after work, maybe a bite to eat too. damn, i missed the first half.

just an approximation.

Edited by StevO