• Joleon Lescott
    • Leighton Baines
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Phil Neville
    • Leon Osman
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Tim Cahill
    • Victor Anichebe

Gerrard for man of the match without a doubt! He outclassed the whole of the everton team! world class

He was certainly Liverpool's MOTM....but then he needed to be, he had a lot of players to carry. Did Keane actually touch the ball? Certainly not from a Torres pass...Keane could have been standing in front of an empty net and Torres would have looked for Gerrard :) .

Great team effort, defensively solid and a threat going forward, however if a choice has to be made, for me it's a close call between all the defence, not because we where under the cosh but because they played well as a unit. Lescott just edges my vote, thought he was outstanding in tackles, blocks and headers, pity we can't give it to the team as a whole.

I was worried baines would be dropped if yobo was fit, but he played a blinder.

often critisized for his defending, he proved last nite he can be a great full back at both ends of the pitch.

Thats because Pienaar was playing in front of him Steve, Baines and Lescott (early in the season) have looked awfull but its mostly been when Pienaar was'nt playing, he does so much tracking back that the fullback has an easy time.

My vote goes to Pienaar for covering every blade of grass on the field, defence and attack. When you think we paid the same amount to get Pienaar as we did to get Van der Meyde, ;) he certainly does'nt get the recognition he deserves.

Arteta was abit out of sorts today. Maybe his form has been so good his off days just seem like crap

Jagielka and Lescott were fantastic as well, bar one or two mistakes.

Baines was godly at left back today. We would have been stuffed if not for his tackles.

Gotta vote for cahill though. Not because of the goal, but cause of his sheer work rate. Not saying Anichebe is crap, but I just wish he'd push for the ball in the red defence more like Cahill does.