IGNORED

James Vaughan- Another Rooney?

kolon

Kolon, I and i'm sure many others who read this are cringing at the title alone.

James Vaughan is no Wayne Rooney.

He may prove himself to be a top striker, he may score many goals for us (if he gets through this injury).

However he will never be a Wayne Rooney.

I think if England could produce 2 Wayne Rooney's in 5 years we'd all be amazed let alone them both coming from the same club.

For anyone to be compared to him i'd need to see a lot of top quality football, vision, skill and all round footballing intelligence (repeat footballing!).

just because Vaughan became our youngest player and beat rooney to be youngest scorer it does put him in any way in the same league as Rooney.

I do however hope that he comes through his injury and gets another chance to prove himself and can break into the team.

Kolon,  I and i'm sure many others who read this are cringing at the title alone.

James Vaughan is no Wayne Rooney.

He may prove himself to be a top striker, he may score many goals for us (if he gets through this injury).

However he will never be a Wayne Rooney.

I think if England could produce 2 Wayne Rooney's in 5 years we'd all be amazed let alone them both coming from the same club.

For anyone to be compared to him i'd need to see a lot of top quality football, vision, skill and all round footballing intelligence (repeat footballing!).

just because Vaughan became our youngest player and beat rooney to be youngest scorer it does put him in any way in the same league as Rooney.

I do however hope that he comes through his injury and gets another chance to prove himself and can break into the team.

The problem with this is that it is like all things in life - if you think that you have found a winner, you stick with it, nurture it and hope that you can reap the rewards.

Unfortunately for the other youth players, the Everton camp noticed early on that Rooney had talent in abundance and they spent a lot of time on him, neglecting (somewhat) the other lads in the Everton youth (read Colin Harvey's book for confirmation of this).

Rooney, with the help from legends like Harvey and Kendall was only ever going to be special - he plays like Kendall but has a bit of flair like Harvey - its weird to watch!

vaughan was only ever average and they spent the necessary time teaching him the game - but thats all he got so he is way behind Rooney on the learning curve.

However, what Harvey and Kendall could not teach Rooney was temprement - that comes with life and Rooney is now starting to reveal himself as the next gazza - drinking, prostitutes, gambling - its plotting his down fall.

vaughan, if his knee holds out and he aint lost his pace, should play until he is 33 and we hopefully will get a lot of good years out of him - hopefully!

i think it will be a very long time untill we see a player of waynes ability and potential, Argentina think they have in Messi (cant wait for the world cup to see these two shine!), but i think while Wayne is playing under Alex Ferguson i dont see any down fall in sight at all. Ok hes been to the brasses but who hasnt? :wub: and hes done a bit of gambling, again who hasnt? and im only a year older than the fantastic footballin fat fook!

(shame we cant get him back)