IGNORED

Tim Cahill

Romey 1878

You can tell the way he talks in interviews too.

I think Cahill is the one players a lot of Everton fans on here want to bend over ;):D I remember when I met him last year he had such soft skin on his hands :P

Damn right :P .

If Pip wasn't such a good skipper I'd want him to be our captain.

I'm tempted to buy the Evertonian this month just to read his interview. Apparently in it he talks about why he's still number 17 and he says it's because kids might not be able to afford getting a new shirt with his new number on. Top man.

Damn right :P .

If Pip wasn't such a good skipper I'd want him to be our captain.

I'm tempted to buy the Evertonian this month just to read his interview. Apparently in it he talks about why he's still number 17 and he says it's because kids might not be able to afford getting a new shirt with his new number on. Top man.

Yeah I remember when he said in an interview that when he signed for Everton he rang his parents and told them they will never need to work again. If rumours are to be believed around 1/4 of his weekly wage is sent over to his parents. Very kind gesture, one I am sure all of us would do if we could.

Its good to see his loyalty.

But im sure we will see another club tattood on his arm by the end of his career. And i doubt its going to be long.

The big clubs will come with the cash. That we simply can't refuse.

I can't say I agree with you, and I'd imagine most of the people on this forum would agree with me. He was loyal to his old club, Millwall, for 8 years, and in the end he left because of desire to play in the Premier League. Now at Everton, he's playing at a top level, and doing bloody amazing.

There have been rumours in the past about him leaving, but have you not noticed every time he scores for us the kissing of the logo? To me that indicates he wants to be playing for Everton, and I agree with Mark when he says he has Everton blood in him, he's got that typical Everton determination and desire to play for the great club.

Maybe at the end of his career he may return to Australia, but I can't see him leaving us to go to a bigger club.

I can't say I agree with you, and I'd imagine most of the people on this forum would agree with me. He was loyal to his old club, Millwall, for 8 years, and in the end he left because of desire to play in the Premier League. Now at Everton, he's playing at a top level, and doing bloody amazing.

There have been rumours in the past about him leaving, but have you not noticed every time he scores for us the kissing of the logo? To me that indicates he wants to be playing for Everton, and I agree with Mark when he says he has Everton blood in him, he's got that typical Everton determination and desire to play for the great club.

Maybe at the end of his career he may return to Australia, but I can't see him leaving us to go to a bigger club.

Thats a logical answer. One that i think your right, in that hes really loyal.

But a lot of people forget that its the clubs decision in the end. I mean if a club comes over with 25 or 30 million pound. Which could very well happen at the end of the season, with the way Cahills playing.

Everton aren't going to reject such a bid.

I do think hes worth more then Arteta. And we might see some of these huge bids soon.

Although i do hope he stays at Goodison.

Thats a logical answer. One that i think your right, in that hes really loyal.

But a lot of people forget that its the clubs decision in the end. I mean if a club comes over with 25 or 30 million pound. Which could very well happen at the end of the season, with the way Cahills playing.

Everton aren't going to reject such a bid.

I do think hes worth more then Arteta. And we might see some of these huge bids soon.

Although i do hope he stays at Goodison.

I do agree with you here, but in all honestly, as much as we love Cahill and think the world of him, do you really think many clubs are going to come in with bids around the 25-30 million pound mark? IMO I can't see something like that happening.

He is a great example of how loyalty and pride should be instilled into football and hope he sticks around for a few more years and maybe one day join the coaching ranks. I honestly think that we have the best buy in the last decade in Cahill for £1.5mil we have one hell of a player. On the possibility of him signing for a "big" club i think are very thin as he's 29 now and will more then likely stay with us then finish out his playing days back home.

I do agree with you here, but in all honestly, as much as we love Cahill and think the world of him, do you really think many clubs are going to come in with bids around the 25-30 million pound mark? IMO I can't see something like that happening.

Well all other Managers rate him. And lets not be bias here. But he probably is in the top 10 maybe even 5 players in the league over the past couple of months.

He would be a valuable inclusion for a team like Chelsea. Or Manchester United. He wouldn't fit in with Arsenal. But with Chelsea or Man U he would score an absolute tonne of goals.

25-30? Yeh i think he would get brought for something within that. Depends on how the rest of his season goes. But if he continues this form. yes.

Guest efctaxi

I think you guys need to get a grip .

A few of our players this season are having good spells , and we're building them up a little too much imho . Timmy is a good player , and has a big heart , but come on guys ..... £30 million ?

Timmy is fuelled at the moment with spirit and desire , but not necessarily flair and skill . Take him out of Everton and I doubt he would have the same success .

For every header he scores , someone else has had to cross the ball .... remember ?

Well i love him thats obvious. 20/30M£? i surely doubt it. But i dont mind it. Hes influental and so valueable to us that he is PRICELESS. And i wanna believe that a big part of his game is that he is passionate and loyalty and loves the club every day a bit more than yesterday, as we do love him. Hes always giving out everything he can and thats like is should be

I do agree that IF a club was to come in for £20-30 million for Cahill, Everton would have to accept it and would be foolish not to. At the end of the day NOBODY is irreplacable and that kind of money in the hands of Moyes would yeild some bright talent.

HOWEVER, taking a bite of the reality pill, a realistic price for Cahill would be £8-12 million, depending on his injury run and form. I don't think Everton would sell him for that kind of money as it would be highly unlikely at this time to obtain someone who could deliver half of what Cahill provides for that money. I personally think Cahill has become one of the brightest stars in Premiership and is the envy of nearly every club. Again, though, I don't feel he would shine as brightlly outside of Everton. His heart is with club and his passion etc. is emulated by the rest of the team. I cannot think of a single club in the Premiership that has the same 'team spirit' as us. You even hear almost every football pundit and commentator making that point whenever they talk about us, and they continually heap praise and wonderment on Moyes for producing this with the Net amount of SFA.

Cahill is without doubt one of the greatest buys of the last 10 years by any club and any standard. I wouldn't go as far as to say he is one of the greatest talents at the club, but he is certainly a legend and one of the greatest players. I think his face and name will be remebered even when I have grandkids, and unless Man City come in for Cahill with a stupid bid, I personally think he will see his top flight career out with us, before returning to Oz to put back into their game, as he promised to do a couple of years ago. And he has clearly demonstrated, he is man of his word.

Edited by BlueBri

I dont think selling Cahill has even crossed moyes mind, only club to even come close to a none-refusable offer would be mancity, other than that I think he will stay for us for a long time. To say he loves us is a bit over the top, I mean do you think roo still supports everton, ive heard recently that phil neville support manu, and is owen an EFC fan? i heard a long time ago that he turned up for Lpool academy wearing an EFC kit but would he come play for us now if we wanted him?

So IMO who you love doesnt come into it, if timmy is sending money to his parents then he would relish more money, am sure with the right offer of increased wages on the table he would leave in a flash, like anyone else would

I say rest him against MU, we need to do what stoke has done to lpool twice this season and park our bus infront of our goal, 1 point would be a good result for us

I can't reply to all of them. In a rush. But what i can say is that Cahill is definetely not worth 8-12 million pounds. Its well into the 20's guys. I know you all just think he heads balls home. But its a real skill to have. And name a player who has scored or scores as many goals from headers that he does? Really i don't think anyone in the Premier league does.

On top of that, someone said its about the guys who cross it in. Thus he wouldn't succeed at other clubs. :P Imagine what Cahill would do, getting crosses from Giggs? Or Lampard? At either Man U, Chelsea, he would double the number of goals.

I rate Arteta guys i really do. I rate Fellaini i think hes integral to Everton. But at the end of the day, you just have to look at the record of games played with TC won and lost. And it speaks for itself.

Like i said. He wouldn't go for anything less then high 20's.

Presuming he continues in this form and doesn't get injured? How long can the big clubs go, especially ones that are struggling, without buying a guy who scores in injury time, or at vital stages to win his team matches. I don't think its to long away.

And we will benefit so much. We could bring in 2-3 more Fellaini type players.

I can't reply to all of them. In a rush. But what i can say is that Cahill is definetely not worth 8-12 million pounds. Its well into the 20's guys. I know you all just think he heads balls home. But its a real skill to have. And name a player who has scored or scores as many goals from headers that he does? Really i don't think anyone in the Premier league does.

On top of that, someone said its about the guys who cross it in. Thus he wouldn't succeed at other clubs. :P Imagine what Cahill would do, getting crosses from Giggs? Or Lampard? At either Man U, Chelsea, he would double the number of goals.

I rate Arteta guys i really do. I rate Fellaini i think hes integral to Everton. But at the end of the day, you just have to look at the record of games played with TC won and lost. And it speaks for itself.

Like i said. He wouldn't go for anything less then high 20's.

Presuming he continues in this form and doesn't get injured? How long can the big clubs go, especially ones that are struggling, without buying a guy who scores in injury time, or at vital stages to win his team matches. I don't think its to long away.

And we will benefit so much. We could bring in 2-3 more Fellaini type players.

Maybe let's diminish this imagination about him at another club, and focus on him getting more good crosses from fellow Everton players :P

..is owen an EFC fan? i heard a long time ago that he turned up for Lpool academy wearing an EFC kit..

It was Carragher who was famous for that.....Owen may have done as well but I've not heard that one before.

For TC £25/£30m is ridiculous to even consider....maybe if he was six years younger he'd be worth £20m, but the reality now would be about £10m.

Going nowhere though.

It was Carragher who was famous for that.....Owen may have done as well but I've not heard that one before.

For TC £25/£30m is ridiculous to even consider....maybe if he was six years younger he'd be worth £20m, but the reality now would be about £10m.

Going nowhere though.

Exactly, 30 year old players besides Zidane don't command that kind of fee at all. The only chance of big money would be Man City if they are very short sighted and see Tim as the key to break into Europe quickly. I'd give it a 2 out of 10 chance

Exactly, 30 year old players besides Zidane don't command that kind of fee at all. The only chance of big money would be Man City if they are very short sighted and see Tim as the key to break into Europe quickly. I'd give it a 2 out of 10 chance

Berbatov is 28 years old today - sold for 32 million pounds? TC is a year older. His value must be at least 20 million on that basis.

But he's going nowhere so we don't care.

Going nowhere though.

Thats ludicrous Cahill would demand mid 20's. Have a look at the Berbatov transfer.

If you don't rate him. Then fine. But hes mid 20's for sure.

Lets take our football manager glasses off for a second. If a bid came in for TC, I think a bid of around £12million would be a fair price due to his age, but to me i think what he gives to the team is priceless, look at the statitics of games where he has played to where he hasnt played, we win more with him in the team, infact a lot more. I hope that when he hangs his boots up he comes back as some sort of staff at goodison, to me he is a modern day hero in football, I think bill should add a small picture of tim cahill into his everton heros on his sig.

^^^ Hasn't Cahill already stated that when his playing days are over, he intends to return to Australia? Things can change over the next few years but I doubt we will ever see Cahill on the staff other than as a player.

On the subject of selling him...........DON'T, for at least another couple of years, and then for big money (don't want much do I ?)

Would love for the likes of Gosling to pick up on the Cahill ethics!.....He seems to a small extent to be that type of player.How nice to have a clone of Cahill ready to step into his reinforced boots.

Bit of a big ask I know.....but if you don't ask you don't get.So moyes get Gossy to shadow Cahill, you never know!

Cahill has become the new and present Mr Everton, who does put his neck on the line for the Blues when he crosses the white line.....other teams hate him, that's why I love him........obviously in a manly way :rolleyes:

Cahill would go for £15mil, we couldn't refuse the money and that's what he's worth

But noone will come in for him, because point blank same as arteta it would just be brushed off as ridiculous, cahill is everton, through and through, and so will arteta for at least another 2 years, if arteta gets world cup action he may go back to spain after that...

I think you guys need to get a grip .

A few of our players this season are having good spells , and we're building them up a little too much imho . Timmy is a good player , and has a big heart , but come on guys ..... £30 million ?

Timmy is fuelled at the moment with spirit and desire , but not necessarily flair and skill . Take him out of Everton and I doubt he would have the same success .

For every header he scores , someone else has had to cross the ball .... remember ?

Your kidding right? If i was Cahill i would take that as an insult.

The guy scores 46 goals for Everton. And its a fluke?

Just curious. What does he have to do to get the recognition he deserves for his aerial ability? Maybe watch Japan vs Australia in the world cup aswell.

Is it just me or does half of Everton hate Cahill? Because hes severely under rated here.