51 replies to this topic

#41 EvertonToffees

EvertonToffees

Wayne Rooney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 Feb 2009 - 09:16

speaking of transfer prices (and if this is too off topic, i'm sorry :) )
who would we get the most money for?

I'd say it would be Jags, at about 20-25m ?

Jags is a quality player. That there is no doubt. But defenders are notoriously under valued.

I think our most expensive players. Without my green and gold glasses would be TC. Then Arteta. And then Jags.

But i have to agree with others. It depends whos after them. Like a big club would try to get a bargain. But Man City could just throw a gazillion after them. Just so they get them. A lot different to there real worth.

#42 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 Feb 2009 - 09:28

speaking of transfer prices (and if this is too off topic, i'm sorry :) )
who would we get the most money for?

I'd say it would be Jags, at about 20-25m ?

Maybe once he gets a regular England place :)

#43 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2009 - 21:23

Cahill's definatly got blue in his blood. His passion on the pitch is one that doesent just come from nowhere, it comes from real heart and character. If I'm being truly honest I didn't like him at first, he was scoring the goals but I wasn't convinced that he was a Blue. His performances of late and his character on the pitch just make me look up to him as a 21st Century Everton Legend. He's a fantastic ambassador to the club and a person who would fit into any team.

Pleased that he's so dedicated to the club as we really woulden't be the same team without him.

#44 thebluenose

thebluenose

ALEX:Immortal Justice Lead Guitarist and backing Vocalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2009 - 23:32

hes defo putting 150% into this club he does truly love this club. itl be a sad day when he leaves

#45 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,687 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 13:23

that header he almost scored yesterday was amazin he just seemed to hang around in the air i dunno how he does it! defies gravity! irreplaceable if you ask me he has summat you cant teach! wouldnt sell him for last than 100m ;)

#46 LeToffeeCanadien

LeToffeeCanadien

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 15:41

He also made all our good chances - the header to Ossie for his first hlf volley, the first-time pass for the one that hit the post by Ossie, the pass for the one Reina smothered, and even the goal - when the cross came in from VDM, Cahill took two defenders including Arbeloa with him, leaving Gosling unmarked for a moment.

#47 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,504 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 16:25

He also made all our good chances - the header to Ossie for his first hlf volley, the first-time pass for the one that hit the post by Ossie, the pass for the one Reina smothered, and even the goal - when the cross came in from VDM, Cahill took two defenders including Arbeloa with him, leaving Gosling unmarked for a moment.

Yeah and if you look at it again Arbeloa just jumps into the back of Cahill but would we have got a penalty. ???? i doubt it.

#48 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,467 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 17:42

Yeah and if you look at it again Arbeloa just jumps into the back of Cahill but would we have got a penalty. ????

You do wonder....also the fact that the first deflection on Gosling's shot was off a Liverpool hand. If it had gone wide...penalty for that?

#49 LeToffeeCanadien

LeToffeeCanadien

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 19:20

Yeah and if you look at it again Arbeloa just jumps into the back of Cahill but would we have got a penalty. ???? i doubt it.

I noticed that - two of us actually shouted "penalty!" when it happened. There's no way it would have been given, though. And the handball would have been tough to spot. Just thankful it didn't matter.

#50 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,467 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 19:45

I noticed that - two of us actually shouted "penalty!" when it happened.

Funny that....I was shouting, "I don't want a f'king Volkswagon Golf!!" when it happened <_< :lol: .

#51 LeToffeeCanadien

LeToffeeCanadien

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 21:13

Funny that....I was shouting, "I don't want a f'king Volkswagon Golf!!" when it happened <_< :lol: .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard about that. Thank heavens for Setanta on this side of the ocean!

#52 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 23:49

Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol:
Hope I haven't woken the missus up :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users