IGNORED

Man Of The Match V Liverpool (cup Replay)

MikeO

MOTM v Liverpool  

67 members have voted

1. 1. ??????????

• Tim Howard
    • Tony Hibbert
    • Phil Jagielka
    • Joleon Lescott
    • Leighton Baines
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Phil Neville
    • Leon Osman
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Tim Cahill
    • Dan Gosling
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Andy van der Meyde

pollresizear5.jpg

gosling-1.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 173

Arteta 122

Cahill 97

Fellaini 93

Baines 89

Osman 79

Howard 60

Neville 54

Saha 43

Lescott 40

Pienaar 39

Castillo 19

Anichebe 15

Hibbert 13

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Baadhi 10

Yobo 7

Gosling 6

Rodwell 5

Van der Meyde 4

Baxter 4

Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman

Middlesbrough (A)...Mikel Arteta

Sunderland (H)...Mikel Arteta

Macclesfield (A)...Leighton Baines

Hull (A)...Mikel Arteta

Liverpool (A-league)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (A-Cup)...Phil Jagielka

Arsenal (H)...Tim Cahill

Manchester United (A)...Tim Howard

Rodwell was composed all the time, unprecidented for a 17 year old in a merseyside derby with so much at stake, Gosling apart from the goal was average, i gave it to Jags, he stopped any attack and kept on top of babel who could have crushed our hopes had he picked up one of those long balls.

stilll.....

1-0! TO THE MIGHTY BLUES! 1-0! TO THE MIIGHTY BLUES....etc etc etc :D :D :D :D :D

Jagielka, hands down this time. Mentions for the excellent Rodwell and Arteta really got into it once Lucas was sent off, before they were down to 10 men we hoofed all day long and the football from both teams was abysmal. Fellaini was an absolute joke, seriously he should be dropped after that with Osman brought into CM and Gosling on the wing. Fellaini hardly jumped for a header and hardly broke sweat, plus he gave the ball away whenever he had it, he had a nightmare. Liverpool didn't create anything all night and Jags embarrassed Torres all evening. Well done blues, they must be knackered now!

Jags for me, he was enormous for us tonight.

The Goose, Rodders, Lescott and the rest were brilliant. I think the turning point was the Pieman going off, he seemed well below par in the first half as though he was already carrying an injury. If Mo had remained fit I feel he would have joined Lucas in an early bath, he was inviting trouble, his substitution was a blessing in disguise.

ok as much as im buzzing who in there right mind made andy van motm ahaha il let the gosling ones slide as he is a god but still lets keep it in tactt but so much credit to both of them never the less

for 120 minutes jags was a rock! he dumped on torres ..... i come to expect this of him now every game

the players i would also like to give a shout out to are

cahill- worked his ass off all for the cause he is a proper blue

arteta- so much class with work rate

rodwell- so composed for a laddd thas the same age as my self he looks a class act

other then that i thought hibbo's run through the middle was the funnyest thing ive seen in my life :P even more funny they couldnt handle it and brought him down ahaha

Jags as well for me.

If i could be bothered to read the above posts at the moment i'd prob just say as above!

Torres looked throughly pissed off for the whole match after gerrard wetn off, he lacked service and the service he did get Jagielka dealt with amazingly. Not just beating him to the ball but having the confidence to turn him for dead and either play it round him or easily get it back to the keeper.

Torres is a top class striker who wasn't having the best of days but his day was pretty much decided by Jags. Awesome stuff and I hope Capello noticed that quality tonight.

Don't mean to slag on Jags at all as he was faultless, but I do think that Torres was off the pace from the moment that Lescott let him know a match was being played. Without Gerrard they really were shit and anyone who says that they're not a one (maybe 2) man team is having a laugh.

Have to give it to Gosling, played more than well enough while he was on and took the goal very very well.

What about that challenge from Carragher on Cahill from Baines early early in extra time? If not for that I think Cahill would be MOTM.

Don't mean to slag on Jags at all as he was faultless, but I do think that Torres was off the pace

The 1 chance the R/S had in the 1st half (Howard's only action in 1st half) came about when the ball was stupidly given away.

Does anyone know who it was that gave it away? I though it was the "faultless Jagielka" but not 100% sure.

Anyway, despite that I agree Jags for MOTM or maybe Gosling for simply putting a wide smile on my face. It may last a while too :D

The 1 chance the R/S had in the 1st half (Howard's only action in 1st half) came about when the ball was stupidly given away.

Does anyone know who it was that gave it away? I though it was the "faultless Jagielka" but not 100% sure.

Anyway, despite that I agree Jags for MOTM or maybe Gosling for simply putting a wide smile on my face. It may last a while too :D

It was he, the pass was poor but you try doing it with a Spaniard in your arse pocket :lol::lol::lol:

For me Hibbert has played very well of late i am far from a fan of his and i've been one of the first to let it be known but he is starting to grow on me lately he seems alot more confident both on and off the ball his all round game seems to have gone up a notch. That run that you mentioned Jackelz had me in stiches he was absolutely flying through the middle classic :lol:

Had to give this a long think. Stand outs for me were Lescott, Baines, Gosling and Rodwell. Arteta looked better than the last couple of games and Pip was solid. Had to go with Jags in the end though, kept Torres & co. in his back pocket all night. If he does not get an England call up after this run we have just had, he never will. Has pretty much kept the best the premiership has, quieter than silent bobs sponsored silence.

Guest efctaxi

Jags got my vote .

Thrilled for Gosling but he wasn't man of the match . Neville was great tonight , and Hibbert also outstanding , but it's the demolition of Torres that impressed me enough to vote for Jags .

Can't believe Osman hit the post lol . Can't believe I also clapped their goalkeeper for his 2nd save against Gosling either . :lol:

Without Gerrard , we always stood a great chance , and even before they lost a man we were on top . After that , Liverpool just stuck the bus infront of goal for the rest of the match . I would have loved for Moyes to have mentioned that in the post match interview :lol:

Absolutely thrilled , and haven't been to bed yet lol :lmaosmiley: