Photo

Man Of The Match V Liverpool (cup Replay)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: MOTM v Liverpool (67 member(s) have cast votes)

??????????

1. Tim Howard (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Tony Hibbert (2 votes [2.99%])

Percentage of vote: 2.99%

3. Phil Jagielka (32 votes [47.76%])

Percentage of vote: 47.76%

4. Joleon Lescott (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Leighton Baines (3 votes [4.48%])

Percentage of vote: 4.48%

6. Mikel Arteta (5 votes [7.46%])

Percentage of vote: 7.46%

7. Phil Neville (2 votes [2.99%])

Percentage of vote: 2.99%

8. Leon Osman (1 votes [1.49%])

Percentage of vote: 1.49%

9. Steven Pienaar (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Marouane Fellaini (1 votes [1.49%])

11. Tim Cahill (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Dan Gosling (15 votes [22.39%])

Percentage of vote: 22.39%

13. Jack Rodwell (1 votes [1.49%])

14. Andy van der Meyde (5 votes [7.46%])

Percentage of vote: 7.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 LeToffeeCanadien

LeToffeeCanadien

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 19:24

Thanks for that. For your sake hope Terry was taking notes last night on how to make Torres disappear :D

Have to agree with The Beard - Neville has been excellent for the last several games and although Jags was my MoM, Neville's a good choice too.

#42 TheOtherBlue

TheOtherBlue

Denis Stracqualursi

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 19:27

Thanks for that. For your sake hope Terry was taking notes last night on how to make Torres disappear :D

Not just Terry - the whole Chelsea team and LFS should really take notes..

#43 The Beard

The Beard

Joe Royle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 20:07

For efctaxi, aplogies for missing your praise for Neville, probably still intoxicated at present ha-ha. :D

#44 BedfordBlue

BedfordBlue

Leighton Baines

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 22:24

I thought Torres looked like a player that knew Jagielka had the beating off him after the first 2 games.

Jagielka really made him look very ordinary in all 3 games and I bet Torres won't be looking forward to next seasons Derby's

#45 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 23:44

For efctaxi, aplogies for missing your praise for Neville, probably still intoxicated at present ha-ha. :D

After the United match , I mentioned Neville as one of the positions that needed to be improved , but after further consideration , I think his leadership qualities are invaluable in such big occasions , so I'll officially withdraw that comment , on those grounds , even though I still feel he's not the best passer of the ball . :)

#46 BlueNose1878

BlueNose1878

Mikel Arteta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 23:55

Gosling for me...
Probs to Andy Van for the cross.

#47 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,499 posts

Posted 06 Feb 2009 - 09:22

Watching the game back over again Jags is so impressive. Not faultless, as was pointed out earlier he gave the ball away for the Riera chance, but his contribution to the goal hasn't been mentioned as far as I've seen. When the ball came out it looked like Hibbert was going to play it square but Jags stormed through and took it virtually off his toes before passing to VDM. Destined for pens until then. Deffo MOTM and player of the season so far for me.

#48 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,509 posts

Posted 06 Feb 2009 - 09:44

This week really shows how SOME peeps dont always vote for the MOTM. how the hell can Howard, Lescott, and Cahill, not get a single vote after giving 120 minutes of blood and sweat, same also goes for Neville, Osman and Hibbert who hardly got a mention, as against VD Meyde who gets 5 votes for playing 15 mins and touched the ball once. :o ridiculous.

#49 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 06 Feb 2009 - 10:27

This week really shows how SOME peeps dont always vote for the MOTM. how the hell can Howard, Lescott, and Cahill, not get a single vote after giving 120 minutes of blood and sweat, same also goes for Neville, Osman and Hibbert who hardly got a mention, as against VD Meyde who gets 5 votes for playing 15 mins and touched the ball once. :o ridiculous.

Very true, why anyone voted for that loser is ridiculous. 1 single cross is all he did, it happend to lead to a goal. Bet he had a drink to celebrate his only meaningful contribution all season.

#50 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 06 Feb 2009 - 16:34

Agree with you there Bill. I don't agree with how VDM gets treated but on the basis of last night he wasn't the MOTM. One touch of the ball makes his performance better than Howard & Osman? Tch.

For me it could have been any of these;
Howard
Baines
Jagielka
Lescott
Neville
Hibbert
Arteta
Gosling

I went for Jagielka in the end. 120 minutes of solid performance, brilliant. Kept Fernando in his arse pocket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users