14 replies to this topic

#1 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 11:20

I am happily (and rapidly) changing my comments on Baines from a couple of months ago. Baines is proving what a good left back, no wing back, he is. Well chuffed with his recent performances and what a change it is to see Yobo sat on the bench unable to get his place in the starting 11!

#2 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 11:24

He's had a great season , and made up for the lad for taking the opportunity by the scruff of the neck when it presented itself .

#3 bluesareus

bluesareus

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 11:26

Really playing good at present,has took the chance well

#4 BlueBri

BlueBri

BlueBri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 11:27

That's all the lad needed. Never really got the chance when he first came and his confidence dropped. I think he can feel he has the backing of the fans and seems to be really enjoying his game and it isn't half showing. Was obviously tired against Arsenal, but made up for it again last night.

#5 adz09

adz09

Dixie Dean.

• Members
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 11:33

i wonder if a england call up for Jags, Lescott and Baines is out of the question?

#6 ooberman

ooberman

Duncan Ferguson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 11:57

i wonder if a england call up for Jags, Lescott and Baines is out of the question?

maybe even ossie too......reckon it'll be an odd squad for the next friendly anyway, so might see a few surprises

#7 CraccerC

CraccerC

Simão Sabrosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 12:00

osman will never get a call-up...not good enough, not even close. jags and lescott should be in the squad however i feel only one of them will be and if it's lescott i'll be furious

#8 Everton_Worshiper

Everton_Worshiper

David Moyes

• Members
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 12:09

osman will never get a call-up...not good enough, not even close. jags and lescott should be in the squad however i feel only one of them will be and if it's lescott i'll be furious

Agreed. As much as I love Osman there are much better English midfielders than him.
Jags should be ahead of Lescott in the England pecking order.

#9 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44,128 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 12:20

I knew he'd be great if given a run in the side and he's proving it now. One of the best LB's in the country when he's playing regularly and we're feeling the benefit of it.

#10 CraccerC

CraccerC

Simão Sabrosa

• Members
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 12:22

same here mark, that's why i've got him on my shirt :)

#11 marcopaulo

marcopaulo

marcopaulo - pun lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 12:22

Jags should be ahead of anyone in the pecking order! Ferdinand been injured and Terry not playin aswell as Jags is at the moment! and if fuckin upson and mancienne get in ahead of them i'll be knockin on mr capello's door myself :lol:

#12 Churinga2

Churinga2

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 13:07

when are they going to make the selection public??

#13 DonKey

DonKey

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 14:40

I find it scandalous that Jags has been overlooked previously in favour of Mancienne and Upson!

Think all 3 of the blue boys could be in with a shout..... How about I throw Hibbert into the mix aswell. I've been one of his biggest critics, but I think his form recently has been outstanding. Looked like a different player for us!

An all Everton back 4... ha ha, we can dream!

#14 thebluenose

thebluenose

ALEX:Immortal Justice Lead Guitarist and backing Vocalist

• Members
  • 4,007 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 15:41

wel lescott jags baines and hibbert have been watched by capello at least twice and theyve played extremly well. at least it gives him food for thought anyway.

one of those 4 should be given the call up.

#15 LeToffeeCanadien

LeToffeeCanadien

Lee Carsley

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 Feb 2009 - 15:56

Capello thought process:

Hmmm, let's see..we're playing Spain, Torres is the main threat, how do we deal with him.....? Is there any English central defender who has shwon he can consistently cope with Torres...?

It's a no-brainer - Jags will not only be in the squad, he'll start if either Terry or Ferdinand are unfit (and he should start ahead of Terry on current form anyway).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users