IGNORED

Dissapointing Attendance

eddie blue

The attendance was 33,791 against Bolton, 6,000 below capacity, apparently Bolton brought less than 1,000 away fans which doesn't help attendance levels. The average attendances so far are:

1 Man Utd 24 75280

2 Arsenal 25 60010

3 Newcastle 25 47833

4 Liverpool 25 43557

5 Manchester City 24 43144

6 Chelsea 25 41543

7 Sunderland 25 39538

8 Aston Villa 25 39256

9 Tottenham 25 35938

10 Everton 25 35386

11 West Ham Utd 25 33572

12 Middlesbrough 25 27871

13 Stoke City 25 27082

14 WBA 25 25811

15 Hull City 25 24802

16 Fulham 23 24299

17 Blackburn 24 23342

18 Bolton 25 22624

19 Portsmouth 24 19557

20 Wigan Athletic 25 18170

The average attendance levels are only 1,000 down compared to the average final attendance of the four past seasons (Rooney mania saw the attendances rise to over 38,000).

Personally, I think the target of average attendance of 47,000 at Kirkby is too high and can see it being lower than that but it would most likely be filled for the derby games but not much else.

The attendance was 33,791 against Bolton, 6,000 below capacity, apparently Bolton brought less than 1,000 away fans which doesn't help attendance levels.

^That's the reason. Didn't hear much of the Bolton fans at all, if any the only noise that I heard was the foreign dudes behind me in the Upper Bullins. Good to see we got the Gwladys singing :P

We have had a lot of games recently .

People do not have an endless source of funds . It comes as no surprise at all .

^Credit Crunch will come into effect this season with the gates.

I presume Romey that was a tongue in cheek comment. Bolton sold less than 500 tickets for the match so the Upper Bullens wouldn't have been used for them anyway. I agree with taxi regarding finances, the last five games, if purchasing a match day ticket would have cost nearly £200 alone. A fair amount to pay out in less than three weeks.

if they want to fill the place next season, drop the prices.

want full houses when we move? build 60,000 charge adults £20 and a fiver for kids if they go with an adult. bring back the days of dads and lads. costs me a fortune to take my old man now days.

Edited by StevO

the last five games, if purchasing a match day ticket would have cost nearly £200 alone. A fair amount to pay out in less than three weeks.

very true.

bigger stadiums always increase ticket sales, even without the old stadium beeing sold out all the time.

Did a bit of research and found some examples:

*Sunderland

Average attendance for the season 97-98 rose with 68%, even tough Sunderland was relegated that season. and that increase wasn't because of the previous stadium beeing to small, as you can see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Safcattendances.JPG

*Manchester city

average attendance in the 02-03 season was 34.565 with a capacitiy of 38.000, the next season it went up tto 46.834 with a total capacity of 47,726

Main source : http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

I presume Romey that was a tongue in cheek comment. Bolton sold less than 500 tickets for the match so the Upper Bullens wouldn't have been used for them anyway. I agree with taxi regarding finances, the last five games, if purchasing a match day ticket would have cost nearly £200 alone. A fair amount to pay out in less than three weeks.

No, it was actually closed for that reason. When the away side don't take their allocation we sell those seats to our own fans. It wasn't possible due to the amount of fucked seats. I was told on the day by someone who works at Everton.