IGNORED

Best partnership

Ian

yeah he was on the bench, well he came out at half time so i presume he was! ive gone off bent, when he first came altough he is never gonna be a top quality striker his work rate was never in question. He now looks to get in sulks if it doesnt go his way and looks half arsed most of the time now. Maybe thats why hes had the amount of clubs he has? i think if charlton do come in for him ( i heard a 1 million offer in jan) then i think we whould sell him, gives us an extra mill to prize away RK :P

yeah he was on the bench, well he came out at half time so i presume he was! ive gone off bent, when he first came altough he is never gonna be a top quality striker his work rate was never in question. He now looks to get in sulks if it doesnt go his way and looks half arsed most of the time now. Maybe thats why hes had the amount of clubs he has? i think if charlton do come in for him ( i heard a 1 million offer in jan) then i think we whould sell him, gives us an extra mill to prize away RK :P

Not sure about Robbie Keane though - will our game suit his game? I'm not sure.

Would prefer (and need) a poacher - and Nugent would be ideal as he seems to pop up when not expected - just like the good poachers in the game - owen, cole etc.

Having said that, we also need somebody who can accurately shoot from the edge of the box - Davies had a good effort against Chelski but that was about it from outside of the box - it never really troubled Cech though!

We just need someone who is going to sit in the opposition defense and cause them trouble. we seem to get 'sucked' into our own defence a lot and we hardly ever leave anyone upfront to cause problems on the counter attack (although BT and arteta made chelski shake yesterday as they countered very, very well).

Guest fozzie22

Its typical of the lack of ambition the board shows that we couldnt even go for cole..ok he would have been a one season wonder but the man knows where the net is.

Something we have been lacking in this season.

sorry, but beattie still looks cr*p to me....would rather start with bent...

thought BT played well against Chelsea - he was always giving Terry something to think about....

I have said for a while that WE should have gone for Cole - as Fozzie says - one season wonder - but look what he is doing for Shity city.

Oh well....

Lets hope that BT starts to find the net - lets hope that he can stay on the pitch - give him a chance - I reckon 5 full starts on the 'trot' to see what he is really made of...If he hasn't scored after 5 starts, then I will accept that he is total poo!

Teddy Sheringham, Nigel Martyn, Andrew Cole, Zola .. the list is endless

Ravanelli

Ginola

:lol:

Why not buy an 'out-of-date' good striker - sometimes they come good because they think that they have a 'new lease on life'

Andy Cole - career was all but dwindling and then City snapped him up...I can remember thinking that it was a bad move by Pearce - But i have already been proven wrong. :huh:

What about Vaughan - he has to 'emerge' at some point. (I know that he is injured until November) - but he looked alright against Palace last year and he looks alright for the reserves - is it time to throw him into the fray and see whether he is a man or a mouse!?

What about Vaughan - he has to 'emerge' at some point. (I know that he is injured until November) - but he looked alright against Palace last year and he looks alright for the reserves - is it time to throw him into the fray and see whether he is a man or a mouse!?

Gary Speed!!

I can't wait to see Vaughan back in the squad, he's looked very promising every time i've seen him and there's a lot of hype surrounding him at Everton and we all remember the last time that happened!

actually. we shouldnt give him too many games. let him progress and mature slowly and drip feed him in to the first team. because the last thing we need is another rooney.

Yeah - I agree that he needs nurturing - he's still a young lad, infact a boy! - he's probably not lost his virginity yet!

If he is good enough though - if he has the arrogance needed to face top defenders, then we should give him his chance.

I think Bent has more attacking flair and pace to get forward, even he doesn't hold the ball well at times. And he has an eye on goal too more than Big Dunc. Big Dunc's pace is getting undone by his older age, except for winning headers and some motivation.

Edited by jared