IGNORED

Time Of Our Lives

If anyone missed this programe then make sure you see it next time its on, nostalgia all the way. Harvey, Kendall and Royle reminiscing about the halcyon days of the 60's and 70's with some old, and some new tales of Harry Catterick and how secretive the guy was with the press as well as his strict discipline regime round the club. For those of you who were about at the time its unmissable, for those who were not it remains an education. For this old blue it brought a tear to my eye harking back to league championship wins of yesteryear, great stuff :rolleyes:

I hope I get to experience us winning something big in my lifetime!

Funny....I thought, "But we have!"

And then I realised you must have been about eight in 1995 :huh: .

Worth waiting for though. I was ten in 1970 so, although it was great you don't really take it in properly. '84 was an amazing experience.....forget how many blues have never had success in their adult lives.

Don't have SkySports sadly, so I didn't see the programme :( .

Funny....I thought, "But we have!"

And then I realised you must have been about eight in 1995 :huh: .

Worth waiting for though. I was ten in 1970 so, although it was great you don't really take it in properly. '84 was an amazing experience.....forget how many blues have never had success in their adult lives.

Don't have SkySports sadly, so I didn't see the programme :( .

I do remember that but I was only really just starting to get properly into my football, and Everton, so I couldn't appreciate it as much as I would do now.

Was a Bovril man myself :D .

+

In 1963 I was on the pitch at GP celebrating our championship win and I kissed Labby, every one was kissing him. Later in life I was privileged enough to have been in Brians company on a few occasions, he do anything for a round of golf. At one function I reminded him about my flirtation with the gay side all those years ago and the greaqt man instantly jumped to his feet in the bar of the club house and gave me the biggest kiss you'd ever seen (I didn't wash for a week :lol::lol: ). Sadly just three or so years later he died in the street not far from where I live. Brian always talked with great affection of his mate Gordon West in turn Westie always looked on Brian like a big brother.

Listening to two of the Holy Trinity brought all those memories flooding back.................at least I have them to warm my cockles and a dark winter evening so EFC can shove his oxo :P