IGNORED

Did You Miss Fellaini Against Villa?

Oztoffee

Dunno, maybe it's just me but I really do wonder why we sprung 15mill on this bloke. If he got paid for the effort he put in, he'd be paying us!

1) Can't run

2) Can't tackle without fouling

3) Can't close down opposition

4) Can't read the game enough to make himself available for passes

Call me old-fashioned if you will, but I thought the above were pre-requisites at even a modest level of the game.

Fellaini drifts around and occasionally gets caught up in play, where he is not quick enough or not interested enough to extend himself in any way either to cut off intended passes or to win the ball. His fouling has come about when much faster opposition feel that he's a weak link in midfield and feel confident enough to take him on.

I don't think he was missed at all against Villa and would be exceedingly unhappy were others to lose their place because of his return. I know Moyes has to justify the 15mill, but shit, I'd be overjoyed if Fellaini played like he was worth 1/4 of that! So far he hasn't shown that he even has the willingness to try. My Nana could do better - oh sorry my Nana's a left back!

Edited by Oztoffee

Dunno, maybe it's just me but I really do wonder why we sprung 15mill on this bloke. If he got paid for the effort he put in, he'd be paying us!

1) Can't run

Call me old-fashioned if you will, but I thought the above were pre-requisites at even a modest level of the game.

Fellaini drifts around and occasionally gets caught up in play, where he is not quick enough or not interested enough to extend himself in any way either to cut off intended passes or to win the ball. His fouling has come about when much faster opposition feel that he's a weak link in midfield and feel confident enough to take him on.

I don't think he was missed at all against Villa and would be exceedingly unhappy were others to lose their place because of his return. I know Moyes has to justify the 15mill, but shit, I'd be overjoyed if Fellaini played like he was worth 1/4 of that! So far he hasn't shown that he even has the willingness to try. My Nana could do better - oh sorry my Nana's a left back!

1) Can't run/He can he just is not a quick player

2) Can't tackle without fouling/Part of adapting to our game

3) Can't close down opposition/I have seen him close people down many times in the middle of the park

4) Can't read the game enough to make himself available for passes/????

The bloke has played 18 games and in most of those he has been one of our better players and has netted 4 times. He is young and still adapting to our game plus the £15 million people keep banging on about is not one lump sum upfront payment it is in installments.

I really can not see why people are on his back all so often as i have said he has been one of our better players this season so far and has scored a few goals. He may or may not be worth the £15mil but give him time plus if there is anyone to blame if he does not live up to the money and thats Moyes.

1) Can't run

Agree and to answer your question, no Fellaini wasn't missed against Villa.

Guest efctaxi

The guy is still a kid and just joined a very tough league .

So far , he has played ok , and in many matches played extremely well ; well enough infact to have been voted motm here on many occasions .

At least give the guy a season before judging him :)

To be honest, i have had enough of this thread. He is obviously a very good player and has been one of our better performers this season. He has scored some very valuable goals. None more so than the equaliser against united which ignited our season. Some people need to give him a chance before jumping on his back so quickly.

Did i miss him at this game? No i didnt. We were dominating so much on the field that i hadnt enought time to miss him. But overally, yes pricetag were HUGE, hes been slowly improving and hes a young lad who hopefully will stick into a british lifestyle better after he will even learn to speak and understand english. Too early to judge him totally, hes still 21 christ sake... At villa game i were just seeing J-Rods unbelievable good work so like i said i didnt miss Mo vs villa

To be honest, i have had enough of this thread. He is obviously a very good player and has been one of our better performers this season. He has scored some very valuable goals. None more so than the equaliser against united which ignited our season. Some people need to give him a chance before jumping on his back so quickly.

In what way is it "obvious"?

Guest efctaxi

We had more than big Mo missing in that match .

Perhaps we should permanantly drop Pienaar , Osman , Yobo , Saha , Yakubu , Castillo (bar seconds) and Jo too :)

Sorry , but a pointless thread .

If the guy doesn't do the job Moyes wants , then I'm pretty sure Moyes will notice :)

We beat Villa and beat them well.....without Fellaini.We also did it without Pienaar, Osman, Vaughan, Yakubu and maybe a few others.

On the day we didn't obviously miss any of them.

All those players mentioned bring different things to various games and that's what squads are all about.

Fellaini has improved and will get better and that's something to look forward to.The price we paid shouldn't worry him, what he (Fellaini) needs to do is get up to speed in the prem and do his best, we can't aks any more of him.

It's brilliant really......we beat an in form Villa.....without MANY of our good players :)

1) Can't run/He can he just is not a quick player

2) Can't tackle without fouling/Part of adapting to our game

3) Can't close down opposition/I have seen him close people down many times in the middle of the park

4) Can't read the game enough to make himself available for passes/????

The bloke has played 18 games and in most of those he has been one of our better players and has netted 4 times. He is young and still adapting to our game plus the £15 million people keep banging on about is not one lump sum upfront payment it is in installments.

I really can not see why people are on his back all so often as i have said he has been one of our better players this season so far and has scored a few goals. He may or may not be worth the £15mil but give him time plus if there is anyone to blame if he does not live up to the money and thats Moyes.

You said it all Paul

What the hell is the problem???

Thinking he isn't worth the 15 million is fair,

but calling him uninterested and the weakest link is just plain Bullsh$t

Guest efctaxi

How many times did Villa miss a goal scoring opportunity ?

Had they gone in , we would have been out on our ass :) We played well , but our defence was crap . Might that have been because of a big hole in our midfield perhaps ? :huh:

Just a thought :P

How many times did Villa miss a goal scoring opportunity ?

Had they gone in , we would have been out on our ass :) We played well , but our defence was crap . Might that have been because of a big hole in our midfield perhaps ? :huh:

Just a thought :P

I agree with you about Fellaini but it is also unfair to say our defence was crap on Sunday, there were many times at the beginning of the season that I wish they had been as crap as that. Villa are a free scoring side, hitting people on the break, they never scored in open play so that is their fault

The money spent on Fellaini was huge, no other club had even considered him and I thought that other players in the Liege team would have suited us better. That said Moyes has bought him for the long term and he looks promising and should improve as he gets to understand our language. I said at the time Moyes purchase was made after months of dithering but you can't say the bloke doesn't have a good eye for a player and I do trust his man management skills. If you trust Moyes then you must accept Fellaini as a long term project in the making. I'd just add that his MOM votes actually stand up very well for a guy who can't speak English

Guest efctaxi
I agree with you about Fellaini but it is also unfair to say our defence was crap on Sunday, there were many times at the beginning of the season that I wish they had been as crap as that. Villa are a free scoring side, hitting people on the break, they never scored in open play so that is their fault

The money spent on Fellaini was huge, no other club had even considered him and I thought that other players in the Liege team would have suited us better. That said Moyes has bought him for the long term and he looks promising and should improve as he gets to understand our language. I said at the time Moyes purchase was made after months of dithering but you can't say the bloke doesn't have a good eye for a player and I do trust his man management skills. If you trust Moyes then you must accept Fellaini as a long term project in the making. I'd just add that his MOM votes actually stand up very well for a guy who can't speak English

Disagree Jim .

The fact that they didn't put the ball into the back of the net isn't testament to great defending , but more sloppy finishing .

Yes , we were easily the better team , but noone can deny the chances they had in front of goal . One that easily stands out is Agga's free header in the box .

The word crap is really in comparrison to the standards they have set themselves recently , but below par isn't good enough if we want to compete at the top . One little mistake and we lose . They were big mistakes against Villa , though luckily , they blew their chances and we didn't .

Only my opinion :)

Disagree Jim .

The fact that they didn't put the ball into the back of the net isn't testament to great defending , but more sloppy finishing .

Yes , we were easily the better team , but noone can deny the chances they had in front of goal . One that easily stands out is Agga's free header in the box .

The word crap is really in comparrison to the standards they have set themselves recently , but below par isn't good enough if we want to compete at the top . One little mistake and we lose . They were big mistakes against Villa , though luckily , they blew their chances and we didn't .

Chicken or Egg?

Disagree Jim .

God you are one harsh man, hope your tyres go down (not really) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That same combination of players have been tried and tested twice a week against the best in the country, to let their standard drop a little is no great shame and as I said they didn't score when on their last visit everything they hit at goal went in. Give leaway when its deserved :P

The money spent on Fellaini was huge, no other club had even considered him

There was reported interest from Aston Villa, Bayern Munich Tottenham and even Real madrid

i agree with Taxi on the "hole" in Midfield, And had the same impression in the first cupgame against Liverpool.

Edited by Churinga

Guest efctaxi
God you are one harsh man, hope your tyres go down (not really) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That same combination of players have been tried and tested twice a week against the best in the country, to let their standard drop a little is no great shame and as I said they didn't score when on their last visit everything they hit at goal went in. Give leaway when its deserved :P

I've just got back from the hospital after having a chunk of my ankle removed , along with about 10 needles which all stung like a bee , and 6 stitches . :angry:

Today , I'm a complete unforgiving bastard :lol:

we didn't miss him against Villa, and certainly didn't miss him against Bolton.

which is great, but says more about Villa and Bolton than it does about Fellaini.

Bolton are worthless and Villa couldn't finish their chances.

I know I might be biased so I'm just gonna go by what other people have said about him.. and if Moyes says that Mo has only played maybe 1.5 bad games, and Alan Hansen and Alan Shearer call him a great great signing by Everton (after the Hull City game I think), I don't think we can feel too bad about Mo playing for Everton.

He scores, he wins every header, great composure, ...

his weaknesses are his passing and adapting to the speed of the Premier League, both of which will probably improve over time.

You don't have to like him, but saying he's not useful to the team is pure ignorance.

at the very least, he's been good for the wig vendors around Goodison :) .

Guest efctaxi
Chicken or Egg?

Not really a Chicken or Egg scenario .

If the opposition have a free header in the box , then the defence have failed . If the guy misses his header , then it's a poor finish , but the damage has been done , if not taken advantage of by then .

You wouldn't call a defence that allowed a striker to get behind them 20 times in a match ( exaggerating ) only for the striker to fluff his shot a good defence :) Or maybe some might on the basis that they didn't score . An honest man would say they are both in need of improvement :lol:

If the opposition have a free header in the box , then the defence have failed . If the guy misses his header , then it's a poor finish , but the damage has been done , if not taken advantage of by then .

You wouldn't call a defence that allowed a striker to get behind them 20 times in a match ( exaggerating ) only for the striker to fluff his shot a good defence :) Or maybe some might on the basis that they didn't score . An honest man would say they are both in need of improvement :lol:

......and a dishonest man would want to find problems where there aren't any :P

If there is a free header in the box then the strikers have found space, not neccessarily the defence failed to mark the player. If the attacker then misses then either he is shit or the defence did the job by recovering to put the player off their attack. Two sides to every story.

Let's not forget the goalkeeper is classed as defence, so if a striker gets past the first line of defence 20 times in a match then misses all 20, the goalkeeper did a good job in either saving or doing enough to put the striker off his shots in my mind.

:D

Guest efctaxi
If there is a free header in the box then the strikers have found space, not neccessarily the defence failed to mark the player. If the attacker then misses then either he is shit or the defence did the job by recovering to put the player off their attack. Two sides to every story.

Let's not forget the goalkeeper is classed as defence, so if a striker gets past the first line of defence 20 times in a match then misses all 20, the goalkeeper did a good job in either saving or doing enough to put the striker off his shots in my mind.

:D

I'm telling :angry::lol:

I've just got back from the hospital after having a chunk of my ankle removed , along with about 10 needles which all stung like a bee , and 6 stitches . :angry:

Today , I'm a complete unforgiving bastard :lol:

Dear Complete Unforgiving Bastard, it seems that you are not only a complete unforgiving bastard but also a totally and utter tart faced tosser :angry: . I have to put needles into my own body on a daily basis, a young kid next door has a bag on his side but tells no one you have a couple of needles that results in a one man effort to destory and undermine the best and most mobile defensive line ups in years..........................................................shame on you, nay great shame on you :P:P:P

PS why the hole in the ankle, are you a scabby cabby or another example of foot in mouth :lol::lol::lol::P

Guest efctaxi
Dear Complete Unforgiving Bastard, it seems that you are not only a complete unforgiving bastard but also a totally and utter tart faced tosser :angry: . I have to put needles into my own body on a daily basis, a young kid next door has a bag on his side but tells no one you have a couple of needles that results in a one man effort to destory and undermine the best and most mobile defensive line ups in years..........................................................shame on you, nay great shame on you :P

PS why the hole in the ankle, are you a scabby cabby or another example of foot in mouth :lol::lol::P

Not telling - now you've made me feel so bad :(

Now get off the darn drugs and tell the tranny next door to grow up and get a job :lol: