IGNORED

Rodwell Vs Fellaini

Memmaclub

I know Rodwell is young and has little prem experience and I should also say I love fellani and think he will be worth every penny over time.

Howevere with the left footer being more of a priority in my eyes are people not surprised that we bought someone like fellani who lets be honest is a slightly more experienced version of rodwell. I think they are so similar it means over the next 2/3 years they will be fighting for the same place in a midfield alongside arteta.

I know Rodwell is young and has little prem experience and I should also say I love fellani and think he will be worth every penny over time.

Howevere with the left footer being more of a priority in my eyes are people not surprised that we bought someone like fellani who lets be honest is a slightly more experienced version of rodwell. I think they are so similar it means over the next 2/3 years they will be fighting for the same place in a midfield alongside arteta.

And may the best man win.

Also may the player not picked on the day, have the guts and desire to fight for his place or any other position that Moyes considers he could fill.....

Guest efctaxi

With respect , how can you compare the 2 players in such a nonchalant way ?

Slightly more experienced version of Rodwell ? :huh: Are you being serious ?

Firstly , Rodwell is a kid of 17 who is finally getting the chance of first team football , and is about as experienced as a driver who has just passed his driving test . He's been thrown in at the deep end in many respects , and is so far managing to find his feet , and everyone is suddenly hailing him as the next messiah :o

Fellaini is a 'senior' Belgian International , with a few goals already under his belt .

He played a handful shy of 100 games for Liege , and has Uefa and European ( and Olympic ) experience under his belt , and has already won the Ebony shoe , and came third in the Golden shoe after being way out in front after the first vote ( someone obviously likes him ) . He's already scored 4 goals for us , 1 of which kick started our season against the mancs .

Moyes rated him enough to bring him to Everton for a record fee , and most people are still very positive about the move .

If he didn't have the big hair , he probably wouldn't stand out so much in our discussions , or get booked so much :lol:

Sorry , but to compare the 2 at this stage is a little premature .

Jack has potential , but has nowhere near the same experience ;)

over the next five years or so i think we'll see fellaini go on to become a very very good midfielder, maybe even as soon as next season. a good preseason with the team can be great for a player. but by the time rodwell is fellainis age im positive he'll be playing at the back.

I don't think you can compare the two accuratly. Rodwell is still young and has a long way ahead of him, he's a good potential and has already proved what he can do. His goal against Villa did that for those that had doubts. He woulden't fit to be in the first team week in week out at his age and experiance but he does a great job at coming off the bench and playing the odd 90.

Fellaini has more experiane and a lot more to offer IMO, that's not to say that Rodwell wont have it because in a few seasons he will just right now I would rather have Fellaini. I'm with Louis on the fact that I can't understand why people don't like him, he's scored a few goals and done well for the team - his only problem is that he gets booked a lot (which most of the time isn't his fault)