IGNORED

Good Results Today.

MikeO

Arsenal and Villa, the only two sides we can realistically look to catch, both dropping points today and West Ham and Wigan, the two sides closest behind us dropping points also.

If we can get the three points tomorrow we'll have a chink of hope of catching those above us and be virtually safe from challenges from behind.

I reckon Villa are being found out, Arsenal can't beat Sunderland at home ffs (!?), if we keep our form going top four's not out of the question. Long shot still maybe, but not beyond possibility.

Are we ready for the champions league this time ?

personally, I would rather us finish 5th, win the FA cup, consolidate what we've got.Most of the teams above us have proved they can have problems, so we could make a determined push next season for the top 4.

5th would get us more european experience and of the back off this season so far we could win that trophy!

Would love 5th place and the FA cup and push on from there.

Next season we could quite easily catch Arsenal, Villa have over performed and luckypools wheels could fall off at any time.

Carry the Everton spirit on into next season and have luck with injuries......have to be honest I'm looking below us this season as I don't want to slip below 6th.

But yes MikeO, they were good results today.

What a time for us to have key players out all at once though? If we had those players fit and not suspended then I'd feel a lot more confident of us closing the gap on Villa and Arsenal. I hope we can pull something out of the bag tomorrow but I'm feeling that a draw is the best we can hope for. That would take us a point closer to Villa so it wouldn't be the end of the world anyway.

i see what you mean about us not being ready for champions league yet, but we have to go for it anyway. just one season with champions league money could make a big difference. then we can look at the likes of moutinho. if we got champions league and arsenal didn't it could have a big effect on both clubs.

come on blues, if we could manage that with out the yak bring on CL

i see what you mean about us not being ready for champions league yet, but we have to go for it anyway. just one season with champions league money could make a big difference. then we can look at the likes of moutinho. if we got champions league and arsenal didn't it could have a big effect on both clubs.

Pretty much what I was gonna say as a comment to blue 250's post.

It's not a question of beeing ready or not. Beeing ready, Everton already is. They have the quality, the discipline and the will to be in the Champions League. And it's a whole of a lot more money coming into a club in it than in the UEFA. Well, maybe that'll change next season with the new Europa League, but it won't be the same as CL. Everton have the ability to qualify for groups stage definetly, and, depending on the group, maybe even getting to the next stage. The thing is, there's quite a lot of competition in the EPL to get into the CL. Also, getting into the CL means you can attract another level of players, and have a bigger budget to work with.

You can't look at the CL as a monster, sure, the chances of winning it are slim, at best, but just beeing there means a lot, in terms of money and exposure.

Each new fase gets you a fixed value, and each win, and draw, etc.

Getting past the groups stage in the CL nets you more money than beeing in the UEFA final...

Edited by Sporting4ever

Hello everyone,i am new here and i come from China. I like everton because i feel it plays as a team and really down to earth. I think it is what a football is all about. United with its supporters and give 100% even more to pay back the faith for what it is given.

For game with toon, i think DM would field 4-5-1 as i think he's a very cautious manager and opts for a steady progress. Qualifying to the CL would not be good for the team this season as we still lack the quality in the depth. I think it would make more sense if we finish 5th then final in the FA CUP,which would certainly delight its fans.

My lineup would be Yobo for Hibbo and DM is really an important position in away game so Neville will be there to protect the defence. Jo will be our lone striker and anichebi on the right wing i think i've seen him play on that position in the past and his crossing is not bad.

Jacobson is an unproven defender in the league and using him in an away game with newcastle wouldn't be the best option in my opinion so better keep him on the bench.

Lescott and Jags are both quality players forming up a unbreakable defence so stick them there with baines providing attacking options on the left.

It has to be a cleansheet for us as our defence is too much for newcastle to break down. So the least would be 0=0 but if we score the opening, then 2:0 is very likely as our attacking is very effecient. I have seen it on several occasions we scored on count attacks in our away games.

This is my first post if anything wrong please remind me. Thanks.

Edited by Orient Toffee

Spot on Steve, bring it on mate :lol:

Orient Toffee

Introduce Yourself > HERE

Discuss Everton v Newcastle > HERE

But no problems, its your first post :)

Everton do seem to be getting a lot of support from Asia and thats a real good thing, our players do seem to be down to earth and in it for the good of the team. Not one player would I say thinks that they are bigger than the club as Moyes pulls them straight back into line (Anichebe) and the chemistry of the Everton team seems to be really good. I coulden't imagine supporting anyone else, it's a fantastic club.

Much better than the club across the road ;)

Welcome and enjoy your time here!

Edited by dark

i would love us to get 4th if we make the group stages of the UCL the money we would get would be great and u never know we could get a good group and maybe finish 2nd in the group u never know

i was playing football manager 09 (as u know we are skint on that 2) but i made the ucl go to teh first knockout stage (lost to barca) but got 20 million pounds of tv revenue!

i nkow its just a game but one season of ucl could benfit us in so many different ways

and everton would have a chance of being on free to air tv! (in australia)

(sbs show the ucl and the fa cup final)

Guest efctaxi

If we get 4th , then we qualify for the big one . Win a few matches = big income .

Lose , we are back into Uefa aren't we ?

Not sure what the concern is . We've been there before , and besides , I might get run over by a 60ft penguin before the end of next season , so bring it on NOW :lol: