IGNORED

Castillo

Blue 250

In light of all our injury problems, then perhaps a small glimmer of hope comes from Castillo's performance yesterday!Whilst he wasn't maybe man of the match, considering how much match experiance he's had lately then I thought he looked pretty good.

He seemed to get around the pitch ok and some of his passing was very tidy.He's not afraid to have a crack from distance, something that others should be working on during training, and I can only see him improving with extra games.

We do have major injuries, but if one or two more players like Castillo can step into the team and perform then we will hold onto to 6th place.Which when you look at our problems would be a result.

As for the cup, anything is possible.....I'd take a 30 yard drive from Castillo!

In light of all our injury problems, then perhaps a small glimmer of hope comes from Castillo's performance yesterday!Whilst he wasn't maybe man of the match, considering how much match experiance he's had lately then I thought he looked pretty good.

He seemed to get around the pitch ok and some of his passing was very tidy.He's not afraid to have a crack from distance, something that others should be working on during training, and I can only see him improving with extra games.

We do have major injuries, but if one or two more players like Castillo can step into the team and perform then we will hold onto to 6th place.Which when you look at our problems would be a result.

As for the cup, anything is possible.....I'd take a 30 yard drive from Castillo!

He can't pass to save his life, yesterday was a great example of that.

He looked nervous and clumsy.

pffft after all that I'm not too sure I'm annoyed at having an extra body, Castillo can make a tackle, he can have a dig from a long way out, he can put a pass together when he has to and he's physically imposing.

If he gets a few starts under his belt instead of warming the bench I think he'll get better, at the moment he looks crap but he's got qualities that could shine if moyes nurtures him anywhere near the level he nurtured fellaini.

Castillo was very good at his other clubs I doubt it's anything more than a good run of games he's lacking to hit his stride...

pffft after all that I'm not too sure I'm annoyed at having an extra body, Castillo can make a tackle, he can have a dig from a long way out, he can put a pass together when he has to and he's physically imposing.

If he gets a few starts under his belt instead of warming the bench I think he'll get better, at the moment he looks crap but he's got qualities that could shine if moyes nurtures him anywhere near the level he nurtured fellaini.

Castillo was very good at his other clubs I doubt it's anything more than a good run of games he's lacking to hit his stride...

Has Fellaini been nurtured? Mo has still got a loooooooooon way to go.

Has Fellaini been nurtured? Mo has still got a loooooooooon way to go.

I'm not saying Fellaini is playing out of his skin, but since he's been here he's started nearly every game he can and Moyes has backed him all the way. Castillo has only featured when we've had no other choice.

I agree Fellaini has the best to come and especially with injury he won't play that well but he did get a lot of games under his belt when he joined and got used to the squad the pace etc

Castillo simply hasn't had a run of games which is necessary for any player to settle and start playing to the best of their ability....I doubt Castillo will actually be good enough to stay here but I think he's good enough for teams like Stoke and West Brom which is when and where we need him so I think we should cut him some slack and see how he fairs against them....

Edited by The Regulator

Guest efctaxi

We don't have lots of alternatives at present .

Yesterday he played ok , and was a damn sight better than Fellaini , who looked like Sesame Streets Big Bird skipping around the pitch .

He doesn't need to be outstanding . He simply needs to do a job .

There will be some opportunities for the youngsters this season , which might prove to be a blessing in disguise .

I think it is too early to judge him as he's not had a good run yet. We can't really expect somebody to score on his debut or what. He will need to adapt to our way of play and sooner or later he will or he will be next Veron at Man U but we got him on loan didnt we?

Still cheap and i hope he can come in handy when needed. This is what we have him here for. We do not regard him as another Teta or Chill i only expect him to do half well of Teta or TM has done for us this season before He fully proves himself.

As long as we win our remaining games i dont really care who is playing. He's only part of the team when he underplayed the others did the same anyway.

If we expect him to step in and dictate play as Arteta did then he's going to look shite. What I think we may do is have Rodwell push up that little bit forward and have Casti step in to be the ball winner. His passing is a bit suspect, but I think he may still be nervous, and he may be the only player on our team with a chance of striking anything from the midfield. I can see him being very useful on corners if he just picks up the garbage coming out and cracks shots. Think he'll prove respectable but never really endear himself unless he does nab a couple.

Edited by chicagoblue