• Jack Rodwell
    • Phil Neville
    • Leon Osman
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Tim Cahill
    • Louis Saha

Guest efctaxi
Thats more like it, you didnt finish with the stupid smileys.

Grow up .............. now that is a joke.

Bill mate .

I like you very much , but I totally disagree with your overall analasys on this occasion , so before our disagreement escalates , I'm out .

Have fun :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be fair guys, the MOTM thread is going to have varied opinions from everyone and all of them and none of them are correct. To me, a MOTM is somebody who stood out as playing superbly in their role, being involved in as much as possible, both defending and attacking, and doing so with style and flair and the overall commitment and deication it takes to winning a football match. Ergo, the match would be a lot different if this person didn't play, and more to the point, play the way they did on the day.

Some people view Fellaini as a bad purchase and a detriment to the team, and that's fair enough, but the kid is always causing trouble for the opposition. He's big and imposing, he causes them to foul and can win long balls which we often send up the pitch. All in all, whatever it is that Fellaini doesn't do in the eyes of the critics, he still does that, which unsettles and unbalances teams and their goalies'. Brad Jones made a couple of mistakes on the day that led to our goals, I'm not saying Fellaini caused that but he did score a goal. <_<

One of Bill's arguments was that in MOTM thread a while ago somebody voted for a sub who was on for 5 minutes, which is fair enough...but we have to remember that nobody, even if they agree with you would have had the same perspective. I could be sat next to MikeO at a game, and we could both have the same vantage point but see a completely different game to each other, viewing 50/50's and long balls in different views. We may disagree wildly, but it doesn't stop either of us being right. There is no right or wrong here, it's all opinion. And to argue a person's own opinion of a player's performance is just silly, since you won't change each other's mind.

Personally I went for Saha, but I only saw half a match, does that mean my opinion isn't as valid as someone who's watched 90 minutes? No. It was my opinion, and everyone is in their right to disagree with it, but noone can tell me I'm wrong because it's my opinion.

I hope these threads keep going because I like them, and Arteta and Jags being at the top is a pretty fair reflection so I don't see the hassle. :gay:

Let's be fair guys, the MOTM thread is going to have varied opinions from everyone and all of them and none of them are correct. To me, a MOTM is somebody who stood out as playing superbly in their role, being involved in as much as possible, both defending and attacking, and doing so with style and flair and the overall commitment and deication it takes to winning a football match. Ergo, the match would be a lot different if this person didn't play, and more to the point, play the way they did on the day.

Some people view Fellaini as a bad purchase and a detriment to the team, and that's fair enough, but the kid is always causing trouble for the opposition. He's big and imposing, he causes them to foul and can win long balls which we often send up the pitch. All in all, whatever it is that Fellaini doesn't do in the eyes of the critics, he still does that, which unsettles and unbalances teams and their goalies'. Brad Jones made a couple of mistakes on the day that led to our goals, I'm not saying Fellaini caused that but he did score a goal. <_<

One of Bill's arguments was that in MOTM thread a while ago somebody voted for a sub who was on for 5 minutes, which is fair enough...but we have to remember that nobody, even if they agree with you would have had the same perspective. I could be sat next to MikeO at a game, and we could both have the same vantage point but see a completely different game to each other, viewing 50/50's and long balls in different views. We may disagree wildly, but it doesn't stop either of us being right. There is no right or wrong here, it's all opinion. And to argue a person's own opinion of a player's performance is just silly, since you won't change each other's mind.

Personally I went for Saha, but I only saw half a match, does that mean my opinion isn't as valid as someone who's watched 90 minutes? No. It was my opinion, and everyone is in their right to disagree with it, but noone can tell me I'm wrong because it's my opinion.

I hope these threads keep going because I like them, and Arteta and Jags being at the top is a pretty fair reflection so I don't see the hassle. :gay:

you are wrong :lol::lol::lol::lol::P

I think some guys here are just too harsh on Fellaini, he wasn't playing good at all last few games, but if a guy like him has back problems it severly hampers him in everything he does, jump, sprint, etc.

And yes he isn't the fastest one on the pitch although I think many of you would be suprised to know just how fast Fellaini really is. He is slow out of the blocks but once he's in top gear he's really not that slow. His main problem is his acceleration, but for a guy of 6'4 it's really not that easy.

If you guys don't want him I think that there are plenty of teams in the PL who would appreciate him and certainly could use him. You are focussing way too much on his flaws ...

I'm certainly not talking about everyone here it's just shocking how Fellaini's being targetted here sometimes.

I voted Fellaini BTW...

Made me laugh :lol: .

Me too, mainly because I knew that Bill would say something as soon as he saw it ;) Fellaini is getting a lot of stick in this thread which in my opinion is undeserved. He's scored a goal for us and done quite well in the whole match. The team was all-round poor so it seems un-fair to single him out as the worst player. For me he deserves some credit for his role on Sunday.

And yes he isn't the fastest one on the pitch although I think many of you would be suprised to know just how fast Fellaini really is. He is slow out of the blocks but once he's in top gear he's really not that slow. His main problem is his acceleration, but for a guy of 6'4 it's really not that easy.

If you guys don't want him I think that there are plenty of teams in the PL who would appreciate him and certainly could use him. You are focussing way too much on his flaws ...

Well said mate.

Guest efctaxi
I voted for Fellaini mainly cause he has a nice haircut ;)

If Bill bans you then you can have my account details :)

They might not be much good to you when mine is also banned , but it's the gesture that counts right ? :P

I think some guys here are just too harsh on Fellaini, he wasn't playing good at all last few games,

Shot yourself in the foot there.

And yes he isn't the fastest one on the pitch although I think many of you would be suprised to know just how fast Fellaini really is. l He is slow out of the blocks but once he's in top gear he's really not that slow. His main problem is his acceleration, but for a guy of 6'4 it's really not that easy.

How have you measured his acceleration/pace then? I am genuinely interested to know...

Me too, mainly because I knew that Bill would say something as soon as he saw it ;) Fellaini is getting a lot of stick in this thread which in my opinion is undeserved. He's scored a goal for us and done quite well in the whole match. The team was all-round poor so it seems un-fair to single him out as the worst player. For me he deserves some credit for his role on Sunday.

Nobody has said he is the worst player, just not MOTM.

I voted for Fellaini, closely followed by Lescott and Neville.

Like some already pointed out, some guys are being to harsh on Fellaini.

He is important for Everton in his own way, has his qualities and his flaws like everyone else, but sometimes I get the feeling his pricetag does people see only his flaws.

He's young and new in England, give the guy some credit please!

Shot yourself in the foot there.

How have you measured his acceleration/pace then? I am genuinely interested to know...

No I don't think I did ... he wasn't playing all that well the last few games(due to his injury maybe) and all of a sudden he was a panic buy, he was shite ... that's what I meant by being too harsh on him.

And pace and accelaration ... well just by watching ... how can you tell that Young and Ag.... have pace? You only need to see them run once ... same with Fellaini.

In a sprint over 10-20 meters he's not that fast at all, but a sprint over 50-60 meters is a whole other matter. I'm not saying he's fast ... he hasn't got that extra gear but he isn't slow either.

Thanks efctaxi, I'll keep that in mind :lol:. I said I voted Fellaini just to tease Bill btw :competitive: . I voted Lescott, he played a pretty tight match and it's hard to get yourself into the picture being a defender.. Otherwise, maybe its a bad thing if you get yourself into the picture as a defender :lol:. He disorves it, but as much as Neville, Fellaini and Pienaar do.

Thanks efctaxi, I'll keep that in mind :lol:. I said I voted Fellaini just to tease Bill btw :competitive: . I voted Lescott, he played a pretty tight match and it's hard to get yourself into the picture being a defender.. Otherwise, maybe its a bad thing if you get yourself into the picture as a defender :lol:. He disorves it, but as much as Neville, Fellaini and Pienaar do.

It gave me a chuckle. :) welcome to the forum.

No I don't think I did ... he wasn't playing all that well the last few games(due to his injury maybe) and all of a sudden he was a panic buy, he was shite ... that's what I meant by being too harsh on him.

And pace and accelaration ... well just by watching ... how can you tell that Young and Ag.... have pace? You only need to see them run once ... same with Fellaini.

In a sprint over 10-20 meters he's not that fast at all, but a sprint over 50-60 meters is a whole other matter. I'm not saying he's fast ... he hasn't got that extra gear but he isn't slow either.

If you look back at the forum posts people have long doubted his ability. You said people are being harsh on him then in the same sentence you said he has not played well at all, which is exactly what we have been saying.

I must have missed Fellaini running past people in all the games I have watched. At least you got something right, Ashley Young and Agbonlahor do have pace.

50-60m sprint is different to 10-20m (by 40m), whats your point?

I really don't see what relevance there is in saying that Fellaini may have no acceleration but once he gets going he's quite quick. I actually doubt this statement anyway but the reality is he is never going to have a 60m dash after a ball, it's always going to be a 10-20 yard sprint at most and Fellaini is never going to get there first. Several times on Sunday I thought Fellaini was going to get on the end of a decent ball only to be absolutely destroyed over about 10 yards. I have had my doubts about his pace ever since we signed him, very few players make it in the Premier League who are that slow. Players like Cahill, Osman, Arteta etc may not be lightning quick but they are quite nippy and NOT slow, Fellaini just lumbers around and I can't see how any all-round midfielder can cut it without pace. I hope he proves me wrong and he has played quite well on occasion and you can't help but like the guy but if everyone was fit, he wouldn't be in my Everton team at the moment. Hopefully we'll get him speed training in the Summer pre-season and then maybe we'll see a different animal next year, otherwise Moyes may move him on imo.

Edited by carlmc25

If you look back at the forum posts people have long doubted his ability. You said people are being harsh on him then in the same sentence you said he has not played well at all, which is exactly what we have been saying.

I must have missed Fellaini running past people in all the games I have watched. At least you got something right, Ashley Young and Agbonlahor do have pace.

50-60m sprint is different to 10-20m (by 40m), whats your point?

Oh just admit that you don't like Fellaini and that you never will no matter what he does ...

And there's a big diference between calling someone a panic buy and criticising someone's last few games. Last few weeks he hadn't been playing well, but that was no reason for calling him a horrible player, a miss buy, ...

See the difference?

I'm not happy about his last performances, but you use those last performances to say he's a bad player (which is being too harsh on him)...

And he's not fast in the first few meters, which is why he has trouble fending off 'small' players and so they skip past him quite often but in a sprint over 50-60 meters (which is something completely different than a sprint over 20 meters! if you can't see that than I can't help you) you won't get rid of him that easily ...

He will never beat Lennon or Young but he isn't as 'slow' as you think either!

Fellaini's not that good. Average at best.

Some simple passes he tried to make on Sunday failed. A few times he didnt put enough pace on the pass, other times too much.

And what was that backpass to THEIR goalie near the end?. His "attempted" through ball to Saha was SO misjudged it was embarrassing, schoolboy stuff.

I'm thinking he's a bit shite and believe me I tried to like him.

I still hope he'll come good, he's young and has time to improve (hope he improves so we can at least get some money back).

Edited by Maghull70