IGNORED

Fa Cup Final: Chelsea

dark

'Manchester United will have to beat Everton to reach their fourth FA Cup final in six years after the pair were drawn to face each other in the semi-finals.'

Should Arsenal, who yesterday overcame Burnley to set up a rearranged quarter final with Hull, get past Phil Brown’s side, they will face Chelsea in the other tie. Sir Alex Ferguson will be the happiest of the five remaining managers, though, with history very much on his side. Everton, who beat Ferguson’s team to lift the trophy in 1995, have only beaten United once since then. Manchester United's going to be a tough game but we can prove we can beat teams like Liverpool and Aston Villa. Maybe we can bring back some of the 95' spirit?

The match will be played at Wembley.

Edited by dark

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United the one I didn't want!

The one none of us wanted really. But if we're going to win the thing we were always likely to have to beat them at some stage.

Bring it on :P !

Lovely to look at just four balls in the draw knowing we were one of them....it's been too long!

When is it? lets hope that they play a reserve team against us as they are concentrating on the league and the champs league :huh: The fact that they are running away with the league doesnt help us as they can rest players unfortunetly we cant as we dont have the squad. Lets hope Louis comes back to haunt them!!

Edited by scouse

Like everyone else, this is the one I would have hoped to avoid. But as previously stated, we'd probably have to meet them somewhere along the line. At first I thought we'd have to play them at Old Trafford, then remembered that it's gonna be at Wembley anyway. I think we'd have a better chance at Wembley than at Old Trafford. I'm gonna go for a Saha hatrick, a Phil Neville free-kick, and Tim Howard to lob VDS from his own penalty box. Oh, and Rooney to score an own goal. :D

Guest efctaxi

I'm going to offer a different opinion .

Against United , we traditionally play well , and it's normally a tight game .

We have a game at Wembley against the best team in the world , and I have a good feeling about it . We deserve a little luck this season , and it might come in the league , or it might come in the cup , but I'm confident it will come .

None of the draws were easy , including Hull , and Arsenal and Chelsea are starting to find form , so why not play United ?

Better the devil you know .

1-0 or 2-1 to the blues :)

Will this mean the Hillsbrough flag is going up?

Like everyone else, this is the one I would have hoped to avoid. But as previously stated, we'd probably have to meet them somewhere along the line. At first I thought we'd have to play them at Old Trafford, then remembered that it's gonna be at Wembley anyway. I think we'd have a better chance at Wembley than at Old Trafford. I'm gonna go for a Saha hatrick, a Phil Neville free-kick, and Tim Howard to lob VDS from his own penalty box. Oh, and Rooney to score an own goal. :D

I would have preffered Chelsea than Manchester United but I do believe that we can do it. We have shown good commitment through the cup this time round and United will be expecting a comfortable victory against us. Alex is going out for domination, he already has the Carling Cup (and Premiership) and will want to get the Champions League and FA Cup. It will take a lot to stop them but maybe the pressures of the Champions League will come into our favour. Let's face it, our injuries are bad at the moment and we are coping with them. If someone like Ronaldo is out for the game they lose a major part of their team. Let's have a bit of luck (along with skill) and win :)

We do play well against Manchester United. Hopefully it will be the same this time too. I'm up for it.

Edited by dark

We have a game at Wembley against the best team in the world , and I have a good feeling about it . We deserve a little luck this season , and it might come in the league , or it might come in the cup , but I'm confident it will come .

None of the draws were easy , including Hull , and Arsenal and Chelsea are starting to find form , so why not play United ?

Better the devil you know .

1-0 or 2-1 to the blues :)

couldn't agree more with what you said ... no easy teams in any semifinal of the FA cup .. it's gonna be a great game..

much rather have it this way than to get Hull and struggle against them..

everton spirit will prevail.

Whilst your on this magic trip could you please tell me this weeks lotto numbers :lol:. This will be our biggest game of the season and the toughest but surely United will have a blip in their run to glory and hopefully it will be the FA cup.

Edited by EFC-Paul

The draw I did not want at all. I wanted us to get Chelsea tbh. We're going to need every player ontop of their game and A LOT of luck if we want to get past United. That being said, it's just great to be in a semi-final. I'll be at Wembley no matter what singing my heart out.

We will need a lot of luck but lets be positive about it all. If we go into the game negative with our heads down then it's going to be a right mauling. Fulham did it and look what happened to them, 4-0. They went into that game with the thought that it was Manchester United the greatest team in the world and lost. If we keep the defence locked up tight then maybe we can scrap ourselves a 1-0 win. Van Der Sar has been hard to crack this season but then so has Tim Howard. It will be a fantastic game, a lot better than Chelsea/Arsenal/Hull for the neutrals.

Like Mark said - I will be at Wembley no matter what singing my heart out.

The draw I did not want at all. I wanted us to get Chelsea tbh. We're going to need every player ontop of their game and A LOT of luck if we want to get past United. That being said, it's just great to be in a semi-final. I'll be at Wembley no matter what singing my heart out.

Agreed, the one no one wanted but hey, we're going to Wembley!!! Hope it's the Saturday game, anyone know when they announce the day, wanna get my hotel booked :D

May even turn out to be the best draw. Ferguson's priorities are Champions League, Premier, FA Cup in that order.

It way well be that come semi-final time both Arsenal and Chelsea could be out of Europe and have no chance of the league, making the cup their only chance of silverware.

What we need is for United to stay in Europe, maybe even drop a few points in the league so that Liverpool are a bit more of a threat to them, then their priorities are away from beating us :) .

Don't believe it? Neither do I :D . Grasping at straws eh :lol: ?

Oh man, bad draw. O wanted arse or even chelski before manure. We have played good games vs them lately but still we havent won them like 10y to come. Even we play good they get the result like last time a penaltykick win and we couldnt get our penalty, of course. Its better than this game is in Webley than ot but still, its gonna be toughtgame. Im still positive of this, manure has a lot of experience to win titles, our players dont, but the game is at Webley and i have no doubts out lads will do everything to get the result we will want. Btw when is this game?

I dont know about a date because of the Arsenal game being undecided at the moment. I actually hope that Arsenal win that one, then we will be the underdogs with nothing to lose. If Hull get there it won't feel as special somehow.

Sir Alex Ferguson will be the happiest of the five remaining managers, though, with history very much on his side. Everton, who beat Ferguson’s team to lift the trophy in 1995, have only beaten United once since then.

That will make United favourites to ease past David Moyes’s side – who yesterday came from behind to beat Middlesbrough – and remain on course to win five trophies in a single season.

Oh christ, they even have the stats in their favour. We've only beaten Manchester United once since the 95' cup final, anyone remember who scored that wonderful header past Tim Howard :P Let's just hope that we break the rules at Wembley and beat them again. Who cares about what's happened in the past, it's the present we are living in.

This isn't a time for us to be negative and some of us write off our chances with over a month to go the way I see it is, after all those years going out in early rounds to shitty lower division teams, this year we're gonna have to beat 4 of the 5 teams above us to win a trophy. Yeah its gonna be a challenge but why the fuck not eh???? COYB!!!!!

Am I right in thinking the cup final is after the Champs League final this year??

We've played them twice this season, a 1-1 at home and lost to a penalty at their place.Add that to the obvious under dog tag that will hang over us, our massive team spirit, and the pressure they will be under to achieve a clean sweep of trophies......then I think yes we have a decent chance, who knows what an early set piece goal could do to their confidence, and ours!

IF, if we beat them, then in a final against Arsenal or Chelsea, we would have the advantage of knowing we could beat anyone!

Slightly off topic.......if United go on to sweep all before them and win every bloody thing!....is there some money to come our way from the Rooney deal?.........Silver lining and all that.