IGNORED

Man Of The Match V Stoke

MikeO

MOTM v Stoke  

49 members have voted

1. 1. ???????????????????????????????????

• Tim Howard
    • Phil Jagielka
    • Joseph Yobo
    • Joleon Lescott
    • Leighton Baines
    • Phil Neville
    • Leon Osman
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Tim Cahill
    • João Alves Jô
    • Louis Saha
    • Jack Rodwell

pollresizear5.jpg

jo-1.jpgfelli-1.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 214

Arteta 164

Cahill 126

Baines 117

Fellaini 114

Osman 83

Neville 81

Pienaar 67

Howard 61

Saha 61

Lescott 51

João Alves Jô 37

Rodwell 29

Gosling 26

Anichebe 21

Castillo 20

Hibbert 15

Baadhi 13

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Van der Meyde 10

Yobo 9

Baxter 4

Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman

Middlesbrough (A)...Mikel Arteta

Sunderland (H)...Mikel Arteta

Macclesfield (A)...Leighton Baines

Hull (A)...Mikel Arteta

Liverpool (A-league)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (A-Cup)...Phil Jagielka

Arsenal (H)...Tim Cahill

Manchester United (A)...Tim Howard

Liverpool (H-Cup replay)...Phil Jagielka

Bolton (H)...João Alves Jô

Aston Villa (H)...Mikel Arteta

Newcastle (A)...Jack Rodwell

West Brom (H)...Steven Pienaar

Blackburn (A)...Phil Neville

Middlesbrough (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Gave it Pienaar as he created alot with his movement and didn't stop running Jo looked good in the first half he seemed to fade away when Mo was moved back into midfield. The defence was abit all over at times and Jags although he can play RB needs to shift back into the middle as he looks far more comfortable there.

Changed the game, imo :D

Was very composed, previously in the second half when the possesion kept changing rapidly through great tackles and Everton finally got to it it would be passed back or hoofed to the corner, Rodwell turned, dodged tackles and sprayed balls to the wings and good balls to feet to the lads in the centre.

Kid's a prodigy.

Fellaini had a great first half and another great 10-15 mins at the end and got the goal to kill it, and is my MOM

Other candidates include Pienaar, Neville and Rodwell.

Fellaini was by far the worst man on the pitch and Rodwell played for about five minutes, he didn't change the game at all. I don't mean to say this in the wrong way but did you actually watch the match Graghsies? :mellow:

Yup watched the entire thing. Fellaini was clearly not the worst player on the pitch, judging by the fact that he is leading the MOM votes. He was excellent first half and for the last 10 or so minutes of the second half. More than I can say about the rest of the team.

And I put Rodwell in as my...4th choice purely because the an 18 year old kid came into a professional football team who were playing shite football and being hounded every time they got the ball, and he looked composed and completely changed how we played. He might not have been on long or made any lasting impact, but in my opinion when you're an 18 year old ~85th minute sub and you change how an entire team is playing, then you deserve a mention.

Fellaini was by far the worst man on the pitch and Rodwell played for about five minutes, he didn't change the game at all. I don't mean to say this in the wrong way but did you actually watch the match Graghsies? :mellow:

He made a goal and an assist, worst or not he had the most impact on the score.

MotM was a hard decision this game, but I gave it to fellaini because of this.

I watched most of the game this evening on Sky. Whilst Fellaini didn't have a rubbish match he certainly didn't add up to being MoM imo, the fact he never got booked does not earn anyone MoM. The strange thing is that he looks far better working the Cahill support role than he has ever done playing in midfield

The Pieman huffed and puffed his way through the game without creating anything of note and he missed a couple of glorious chances. Jo was better than he has been but as he hasn't been that good he didn't impress me that much. Phil Nev was safe again in midfield but Joey Yobo never put a foot wrong in the entire time covered by Sky. He was Sharp's MoM on City and I agree with that call

Am I the only one who is becoming increasingly concerned by Tim Howards form. He seems to be lacking sharpness and on more than one occasion he fumbled in the Stoke game, IMO he could have saved their headed goal, is he fully fit????

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Fuck me I thought Fellini had a shocker and hes on fo man of the match.... had a good first half but Neville was better... seond half all were poor....

Im shocked that some of you seem to think otherwise...... Some people have some strange views of a game.........

How can Rodwell even get a mention?????

Edited by DangerMouse

Am I the only one who is becoming increasingly concerned by Tim Howards form. He seems to be lacking sharpness and on more than one occasion he fumbled in the Stoke game, IMO he could have saved their headed goal, is he fully fit????

a couple of weeks back he had that really bad injury that he solidered through for us, it could be that it's been niggling at him, he certainly doesn't look uncomfortable he just looks a bit timid. I trust Howard, we all know he's an excellent keeper and to be honest I would expect that after a season where he's played every game for us, a little bit of tiredness is creeping in. Most teams have a back-up keeper that will make at least half a dozen appearances in all competitions, we haven't used ours so it could just be that he's never had a week off.

Edited by The Regulator

Fuck me I thought Fellini had a shocker and hes on fo man of the match.... had a good first half but Neville was better... seond half all were poor....

Im shocked that some of you seem to think otherwise...... Some people have some strange views of a game.........

How can Rodwell even get a mention?????

Your not allowed to say things like that on this forum, ;)

Yobo covered for jags and lescott a couple of times and had a good game, neville had his usual solid game, but my vote went to Pienaar for the Amount of work he did, and he had a decent game. :)

Hard one to pick MotM but went with Pienaar but I will say this about him he quite often overhits simple passes. There were a couple of through balls he attempted v Stoke which looked easy to pull off but ran through to the goalie and nowhere near the intended destination.

a couple of weeks back he had that really bad injury that he solidered through for us, it could be that it's been niggling at him, he certainly doesn't look uncomfortable he just looks a bit timid. I trust Howard, we all know he's an excellent keeper and to be honest I would expect that after a season where he's played every game for us, a little bit of tiredness is creeping in. Most teams have a back-up keeper that will make at least half a dozen appearances in all competitions, we haven't used ours so it could just be that he's never had a week off.

IMO it is the biggest problem we have at present, a back up for Tim, Carlo Nash couldn't make Wigans reserves and I understand he has shone in any of the reserve games he's played for us. Its noticeable that Moyes has not rested Tim all season so you could be right Reg, he may be stale

I went for Fellaini. Thought he has his best 45 mins for a long time, he seems more aerodynamic with the new 'do, or hairodynamic if you will (i'll get me coat)

He was chasing balls down, his touch was good, his vision was better than it had been. A good shift. Everyone faded in the second half.

Personally I'll be very annoyed if Pienaar gets MOTM. I thought he was pretty awful. He runs alot which is fine but his end product if fucking awful. He can't cross, he can barely shoot and he struggles so much to beat a man with the ball at his feat, plus he thinks way to slowly, there were 3 or 4 occasions when someone (normally Baines) who was made an excellent run and he just has to push the ball through but he dithers and the time and space have gone. Plus how he missed that chance at the end i'll never know. Especially with the time he had. I have always been a Pienaar fan but he is not cutting it at the moment, running his arse of does not constitute a great game. He is supposed to be a creative player but creates very little.

A couple of decent performances yesterday in a 6/10 team effort. Pienaar was industrious without being the crative influence that we need. Fellaini was an improvement on last week but can still improve further dramatically, Jagileka, on recent evidence, is not a right back and a couple of times was caught out as seen by Yobo covering him and conceding a corner which resulted in their goal. Neville was is usual underrated self, Cahill in a mkore deeper role was quite effective and lets hope it was tactical (maybe giving him a rest) that seen him taken off at half time, however my vote for yesterday goes to Baines. Strong in the tackle, good going forward, some sound crossing and just beats Yobo for my vote.

I went for Fellaini. Thought he has his best 45 mins for a long time, he seems more aerodynamic with the new 'do, or hairodynamic if you will (i'll get me coat)

He was chasing balls down, his touch was good, his vision was better than it had been. A good shift. Everyone faded in the second half.

Personally I'll be very annoyed if Pienaar gets MOTM. I thought he was pretty awful. He runs alot which is fine but his end product if fucking awful. He can't cross, he can barely shoot and he struggles so much to beat a man with the ball at his feat, plus he thinks way to slowly, there were 3 or 4 occasions when someone (normally Baines) who was made an excellent run and he just has to push the ball through but he dithers and the time and space have gone. Plus how he missed that chance at the end i'll never know. Especially with the time he had. I have always been a Pienaar fan but he is not cutting it at the moment, running his arse of does not constitute a great game. He is supposed to be a creative player but creates very little.

It's incredible how people can see the game so differently from a different position/viewpoint. That said everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I wouldn't say they were wrong just cos they see it differently to me. However, I though Felly was awful yesterday, he gave the ball away so many times when under no pressure and other than his two obvious contributions to the game (which I will give him credit for) I thought the game passed him by. My vote goes to Pienaar for his tireless workrate.

I wondering if it's because of my position in the bottom left of the park end (by the away fans) that I seem to favour the left sided players when we are attacking that end. Is it just my blinkered view or does most of our attacking play come down the left side?

I was only able to watch the second half yesterday, so I missed most of the part where we were good and saw a lot of the part where we were shite. So basing my opinion on the second half alone, I gave my MOTM vote to Lescott. Not that he was outstanding either, but unlike most of the rest, when he caught my attention it was usually for a good play and not because he screwed something up. The only other person I could really say that about is Rodwell, who made a couple of good plays in his brief cameo, but I'm not giving MOTM to an 85th-minute sub.

Credit to Pienaar for hustle and effort, but he made a hash out of what should have been several routine plays. Arteta's return can't come quickly enough. Fellaini was piss poor apart from the goal, which was very well taken. Couldn't justify voting for either of them based solely on the second half. I hear kudos being given for Neville too, but I gotta say, he was the invisible man on TV. I don't know if I heard the announcers mention his name more than once the entire half. Although considering the way most of the rest of the team was playing, maybe that was a good thing.

Pienaar got my vote, you can hear the excitment in the crowd when he gets the ball.

Fellaini, well how can I say this nicely....was shit. Stoke on a few occasions had a break directly from Fellaini loosing possesion or miss hitting passes. New haircut did fuck all except a bit of PR for him, what a joke (and I am actually in a good mood today).

I wouldn't say Fellaini was shit he put in a better performance then most of the team i think people tend to get on his back more due to the money we paid etc for me one of the worst performers this season has been Ossie yet not much mention about how shite he has been.

For me Fellaini had a mixed game in the first half he played well caused Stoke problems and in the second he was poor due to Moyes shifting him into the middle. I agree about the passing which seemed to be mainly in the second half if he cut that out of his game he would look a much better player.

I wouldn't say Fellaini was shit he put in a better performance then most of the team i think people tend to get on his back more due to the money we paid etc for me one of the worst performers this season has been Ossie yet not much mention about how shite he has been.

For me Fellaini had a mixed game in the first half he played well caused Stoke problems and in the second he was poor due to Moyes shifting him into the middle. I agree about the passing which seemed to be mainly in the second half if he cut that out of his game he would look a much better player.

Nope, has been covered numerous times we have paid (apparently) £4m up front, rest on installments. So price has not entered my head once, playing ability on the other hand is how I have judged him.

I didn't see the game but for the record Sharp on Radio City said he'd had a poor game so the goal came at a good time for him. Watching the highlights it looked like both the assist (deflected) and the goal (wickedly deflected) were on the lucky side but I suppose you have to buy a ticket to win the lottery! If he keeps scoring goals I won't complain, let's just hope Cahill is ok for the weekend as we looked a different (and much worse) team once he went off and Fellaini moved back to cover his position.