IGNORED

Formation

I do not agree. It's going to be hard to hold onto this 6th place so it would be stupid to start titting about with the formation, we are getting wins with how we are playing so lets carry on how we are doing, if it's not broke don't fix it. And Jacobsen can wait until someone is injured to get a game, I don't want to be giving him a debut for the sake of it, he could end up being a flop and making mistakes, who knows.

Fair point, but the injuries we have and the subs we have available at present in my opinion is alarming, we have more defence than offence available, even VDM injured somehow, maybe trying to pick his wallet up or who knows.

I reckon we need a bit of width and Jacobsen is a decent player so i think 5-3-2 would be worth a shot

I dont think we should change as we are getting results when we play one upfront with Fellaini playing off the striker is when we look more convincing as he is shite in the middle of the park and is far better playing a more advanced role.

I would play Neville at right back and bring Rodwell in his place as Jags looks uncomfortable there and is far better in the middle and Rodwell is composed enough to play although i may be tempted to have him sat infront of the defence.

-----------------Howard

Neville---Jags-----------Lescott---Baines

-----------------Rodwell

-Osman----------Cahill-----------Pienaar

----------Fellaini

------------------------Jo/Saha

I would like to see Jacobson play but there must be a reason why he is not maybe Moyes knows he can not cut it god knows but i would like to see Jags back to his best in the middle i really cant undertand why Moyes changes what is one of the best pairings in the country short on numbers is no excuse considering we have other players that can or could play there.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Bonky to be fair. Baines links well with pienaar as it is and when hibbert comes back we'll have some crosses from him and neville on the right, we've got vaughan coming back soon and we've got enough in midfield with pienaar, cahill, osman, fellaini, neville, rodwell, gosling and castillo to field a 4-5-1, which has been the most succesful formation under moyes. It gives us more possesion in the middle of the park and cahill and fellaini will always push up and join the attack.

Like dark said if it ain't broke......

We have 3 superb centre backs, i think Moyes should try 5-3-2 maybe in a few games till the end of the season, using Baines and Jacobsen as wing backs as they are both good crossers and pacey Any1 agree?

How do you know this. ??? Has'nt played a game yet. :huh:

How do you know this. ??? Has'nt played a game yet. :huh:

Ive seen him play for both Denmark and Hamurg (where he was prior joining Copenhagen), he likes to get forward and scores the occasional goal too, very similar to Baines, ok he aint played in the premiership yet, but Baines struggled to get a game when he joined.

Jags isnt a right back and should be playing in the spot which earned him his england cap in centre of defence.

I wouldn't mind seeing us trying Jacobsen at right back at all

Ive seen him play for both Denmark and Hamurg (where he was prior joining Copenhagen), he likes to get forward and scores the occasional goal too, very similar to Baines, ok he aint played in the premiership yet, but Baines struggled to get a game when he joined.

Jags isnt a right back and should be playing in the spot which earned him his england cap in centre of defence.

I wouldn't mind seeing us trying Jacobsen at right back at all

It would be good to see Jagilelka back in the centre of midfield but it would also be nice to see Arteta in the midfied. Some things just have to be, injuries mess around with your team and players have to play in differant positions. Jagielka hasn't looked as good on the right but we still have good form, Yobo and Lescott seem to be doing a respectable job together in the centre and we are still a hard team to break down.

Jagielka has experiance, Jacobsen dosen't and we need all the experiance we can get to chase down 4th/5th/6th. Like I said before, keep things the way they are. At this stage in the season Lars is a substitute and nothing more.

Why play our best player, Jagielka out of position. When he arrived with us he couldnt get a game, now he is our main man, playing in the middle of defence gives confidence to the rest of the team, its madness to have him at right back in my opinion.

So why not try all 3 centre backs with the 2 wing backs and see how well it works, we aint going to finish 4th and we aint going to finish below 7th, which is going to be the cut off for europe.

Why play our best player, Jagielka out of position. When he arrived with us he couldnt get a game, now he is our main man, playing in the middle of defence gives confidence to the rest of the team, its madness to have him at right back in my opinion.

So why not try all 3 centre backs with the 2 wing backs and see how well it works, we aint going to finish 4th and we aint going to finish below 7th, which is going to be the cut off for europe.

What would you rather do though, play your best defender in a defensive position or play some unproven danish defender in defence?

What we are doing is working, no need to change it unless injuries, suspensions or results go against us.

What would you rather do though, play your best defender in a defensive position or play some unproven danish defender in defence?

What we are doing is working, no need to change it unless injuries, suspensions or results go against us.

Jags should be the heart of the defence, no question. i think Jcobsen deserves a chance, its his natural position, why not give him a go

on what grounds does he deserve a chance? the team has been winning without him. no body deserves to be dropped

I can understand the argument

Jacobsen is a first-choice international with a good track record

Since we've played Jagielka at right-back, we only beat West Brom because their attack and defence were atrocious, we drew nil-nil with newcastle even though they had ten men for most of it, we drew nil-nil with blackburn in one of the worst performances of the season and we beat Stoke but had a dire second half and conceeded a fairly easy to defend header.

Granted it's been one goal in 4 but I doubt Wigan will be as forgiving, and Portsmouth who are fighting relegation will attack us with fervour as well.

It just seems pointless signing a right-back and then playing a centre-back who's phenomenal in his position at RB when he's absolutely shit there. We may as well tell Jacobsen to pack his bags now, and to me, if we haven't seen how he plays, it's a complete waste of time.

Moyes had nothing but praise for Jacobsen when he was racing to be fit for the side and now he simply won't play him which is stupid since we're down a right-back.

Or am I just way off the mark?

How do you know this if the guy aint getting a chance?

If Howard gets injured will Jags play in goal?

thats just being a little bit silly really isnt it.

but dont ask me why he isnt playing, im just thinking logically. why is moyes not playing him but playing jags out of position? quite probably because jags is better