IGNORED

Hughes On Jo

troy8

I'm not surprised.....................I would have said the same if I was Hughes. This indicates that we have not agree to buy him and all Sparky is doing is upping the asking price. IMO £18 million is about £10 mil too much :P

Man City with their financial backing will always pay too much for players, I guess they shouldn't really care if they get who they want.

As for this, what is Hughes doing? Does he think sending a lad like Jo on loan to us to help him improve at a club that has done significantly better than his own, and then go and replace him with the likes of Craig Bellamy... And then this comes out after Jo revealed on the Everton OS that he feels 'at home' with Everton, which would suggest he doesn't want to go back to City, and more or less I don't blame him due to his lack of chances given there. All this talk recently of City bidding for David Villa as well (adding another striker when they've already got 5 or 6 at the present), I really think that Hughes is pissing in the wind if he thinks that Jo is just going to want to walk back into City.

As for whether we can afford him or not remains a mystery, I guess the rest of his season will determine whether he stays or goes elsewhere.

I hope we cant afford him as he will cost too much for a player who doesnt score all too often. He can impress in one match then go quite for the next few, we already have someone like that and he is out injured. Imagine if we did get Jo and it was him and the yak on a dry spell, we would do shite. Lets just go all out and sign a quality striker. dno who but not jo.

I knew we had a clause, from the echo:

“The Premier League is just so much more intense than anywhere else.”

Though Hughes has opened the possibility of Jo heading back down the M62, a clause was inserted in the deal which gives Everton the chance to make his signing permanent in the summer if everything goes to plan.

Guest efctaxi

He hasn't exactly set the world alight here either .

Gladly swap him for Bellamy :) ......................... or maybe just give him back lol :lol:

Dunno why anyone would be bothered by Hughes' remarks, he's just covering his arse. He already said he's gonna cut the wheat from the chaff in the summer, he'll probably lose about 3 or 4 strikers, a couple goalies and defenders and a few midfielders.....they don't need them with the squad size he has....

All he's saying really is, if Jo plays well I want him back, but when I tried him he played shit so that's why I let him go to Everton.....

Personally I like Jo, I think if he settles into a groove and gets used to the physicality of the Prem he'll do well. If we can secure him for a reasonable price I'd do it. The lads only 21, another young player Moyes can mould into a weapon if given enough time.

I defenitely don't agree with Darren Bent, he seems like kind of a waste...can't put away chances. Jo has a better shot and he'll develop a tenacity, he did very well with that ball from Mo, I'd like to see Jo get more and more comfortable here. I feel like people are over critical on there analysis of him.

Guest efctaxi
I defenitely don't agree with Darren Bent, he seems like kind of a waste...can't put away chances. Jo has a better shot and he'll develop a tenacity, he did very well with that ball from Mo, I'd like to see Jo get more and more comfortable here. I feel like people are over critical on there analysis of him.

One of the first things I noticed about Jo is that his shots lacked power .

There is still time for him to prove himself here , but the words ' prove himself ' are very much a must if he has any chance of remaining at Everton .

He's still only scored in 2 matches that he's played in , and 1 of his 3 goals was a pen . Fellainis last goal was a very similar one to that of Jo's first , so he isn't really doing anything different to any other player at the moment .

Don't get me wrong ; good luck to the guy , and I'm grateful for the help , but my rose coloured glasses aren't on just yet .

One of the first things I noticed about Jo is that his shots lacked power .

There is still time for him to prove himself here , but the words ' prove himself ' are very much a must if he has any chance of remaining at Everton .

He's still only scored in 2 matches that he's played in , and 1 of his 3 goals was a pen . Fellainis last goal was a very similar one to that of Jo's first , so he isn't really doing anything different to any other player at the moment .

Don't get me wrong ; good luck to the guy , and I'm grateful for the help , but my rose coloured glasses aren't on just yet .

I love comments like that.... thats why I love TT

I hope we cant afford him as he will cost too much for a player who doesnt score all too often. He can impress in one match then go quite for the next few, we already have someone like that and he is out injured. Imagine if we did get Jo and it was him and the yak on a dry spell, we would do shite. Lets just go all out and sign a quality striker. dno who but not jo.

I agree with you on the point that we do not need Jo. He's been showing the same presence as Yakubu and for me can go back to Manchester City when the on is done. The goals have been coming but it dosen't seem consistent enough. The better judgement will be May when he has totally settled in and had a good number of games in a blue shirt.

I disagree, bent is a class striker, people will remember that poor miss he did against pompey and believe he is shit, look at his record in the prem, there isnt many that can better it, even this season he is spurs leading goal scorer...i think, was on 16 last i checked (in all compititions)

Now if he can score something like 50 odd goals in two seasons with charlton then he can score goals here. Im a big fan of his and would love to see him here.

I disagree, bent is a class striker, people will remember that poor miss he did against pompey and believe he is shit, look at his record in the prem, there isnt many that can better it, even this season he is spurs leading goal scorer...i think, was on 16 last i checked (in all compititions)

Now if he can score something like 50 odd goals in two seasons with charlton then he can score goals here. Im a big fan of his and would love to see him here.

Darren Bent's Goalscoring Record

Ipswich Town (121/49)

Charlton Athletic (68/32)

Tottenham Hotspur (54/16)

They for all competitions dark? he has scored 16 alone this season in all comps.

It's taken from Wikpedia, and its taken from the box underneath his picture which might just be for league statistics. Scrolling down there is a much more detailed grid showing that he has scored the following.

Ipswich Town (138/56)

Charlton Athletic (79/37)

Tottenham Hotspur (66/22)

I'm guesing that the above numbers are for all competitions :)

I hope he can prove himself on a regular basis as he could become a good player for us and is still young but at the moment for me it depends on the amount City would want if we wanted Jo, If they asked for anything over £7mil i would look elsewhere. On Bent he is a great player who's had his fair share of critics but always gets his head down and scores goals and if we had a chance to take him for the right price i would have him here in an instant but i dont think he will as Spurs will want over the odds.

I hope he can prove himself on a regular basis as he could become a good player for us and is still young but at the moment for me it depends on the amount City would want if we wanted Jo, If they asked for anything over £7mil i would look elsewhere. On Bent he is a great player who's had his fair share of critics but always gets his head down and scores goals and if we had a chance to take him for the right price i would have him here in an instant but i dont think he will as Spurs will want over the odds.

The thing with the Premiership now is that the money is increasing. I think that Manchester City will ask for about £10 million. In my opinion that is too much for a player like Jo. He does play with confidence and is probably one of the best options we have at the moment. We needed a striker and have bought someone who can do a job. I'm unsure if he's ready for the long term but I do believe that he's the right man from the job as of now.

Will be watching for the goals as they come, hope he's part of one of them.

Guest efctaxi

Falls over like a fairy and prefers to take the free kick than battle on after looking at todays performance .

Again , needs to hit the ball harder . Good opportunity wasted today , with slow decision making .

He will only perform once in every 4 games. City can take him back because I think he would be a poor purchase for the price we would probably have to pay. Can't see him doing anything at City either as I think he is the type of player that needs to keep playing. They will sign a top striker in the summer without a doubt and I can't see him getting past Robinho, Bellamy and another decent striker, plus I really like the look of Evans and Caciedo.

He could become a slightly nomadic striker. The price city have paid though makes things difficult for him. They may want to keep hold simply becasue of the price, or at least re-coup a decent wedge from what they laid out. Personally I think that £6-8M is a very fair price for him.

For what you'd pay (or citeh would want) for Jo you'd prob be able to get Peter Crouch (sorry) - it was no contest today on who looked the better striker!

i'd be very happy to see Crouch here, quality striker. can teach Jo something called determination!

after yesterday, Jo can go back whenever he likes, needs to at least look like he gives a shit!

• 2 weeks later...