Photo

Man Of The Match V Portsmouth

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: MOTM v Pompey (31 member(s) have cast votes)

?????????????????????????????

1. Tim Howard (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Lars Jacobsen (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

3. Phil Jagielka (1 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

4. Joleon Lescott (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Leighton Baines (17 votes [54.84%])

Percentage of vote: 54.84%

6. Phil Neville (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

7. Leon Osman (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Steven Pienaar (1 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

9. Marouane Fellaini (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Louis Saha (0 votes [0.00%])

11. Joo Alves J (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Noah Baadhi (4 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,428 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 13:44

Posted Image

Posted Image

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 214
Arteta 164
Fellaini 132
Cahill 127
Baines 120
Neville 84
Osman 83
Pienaar 83
Howard 62
Saha 62
Lescott 53
Joo Alves J 38
Rodwell 29
Gosling 26
Anichebe 21
Castillo 20
Hibbert 15
Baadhi 13
Yobo 12
Vaughan 11
Yakubu 10
Van der Meyde 10
Baxter 4
Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta
West Brom (A)...Leon Osman
Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines
Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill
Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo
Hull City (A)...Leon Osman
Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha
Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka
Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka
Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines
Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini
Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini
Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini
Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka
West Ham (A)...Louis Saha
Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville
Wigan (A)...Tim Howard
Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka
Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott
Man City (A)...Tim Cahill
Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman
Middlesbrough (A)...Mikel Arteta
Sunderland (H)...Mikel Arteta
Macclesfield (A)...Leighton Baines
Hull (A)...Mikel Arteta
Liverpool (A-league)...Leighton Baines
Liverpool (A-Cup)...Phil Jagielka
Arsenal (H)...Tim Cahill
Manchester United (A)...Tim Howard
Liverpool (H-Cup replay)...Phil Jagielka
Bolton (H)...Joo Alves J
Aston Villa (H)...Mikel Arteta
Newcastle (A)...Jack Rodwell
West Brom (H)...Steven Pienaar
Blackburn (A)...Phil Neville
Middlesbrough (H)...Marouane Fellaini
Stoke City (H)...Marouane Fellaini

#2 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 14:43

Went for Baines. Only player to produce any type of attacking threat throughout the game. It wasn't enough though.

#3 bluekangaroo

bluekangaroo

Daniel Amokachi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 14:49

Went for Baines. Only player to produce any type of attacking threat throughout the game. It wasn't enough though.

It's true, nice goal. But honestly can we make a 'donkey vote' were no players can get man of the match ? Absolute shit game by everyone involved. As soon as I saw Jacobsen on that pitch I knew it was going to be a long day

#4 Maghull70

Maghull70

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 14:50

I reckon Noah may get a few votes for this one.

Thought Pienaar was useless but imagine he'll somehow get some votes despite many loose and wayward passes.

Baines was one of the better players. Jags and Neville didnt do much wrong I suppose and Jacobsen while was by no means fantastic did show some good touches.

I'll reserve my vote for when I've calmed down a bit.

Edited by Maghull70, 21 Mar 2009 - 14:52.

#5 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 14:53

I reckon Noah may get a few votes for this one.

Thought Pienaar was useless but imagine a few will somehow get some votes despite many loose and wayward passes.

Baines was one of the better players. Jags and Neville didnt do much wrong I suppose and Jacobsen while was by no means fantastic did show some good touches.

I'll reserve my vote for when I've calmed down a bit.

I hope not. The Noah Baadi vote annoys me a little. If you don't think they deserve it don't vote. When we have Baadi above people like Yobo in the overall standings it is annoying.

We should at least not list him within the overall scores.

#6 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 15:02

id give it to peter crouch, he showed more determination to get to them balls than saha and jo gave all game. not good enough.
gave my vote to neville though, ran himself into the ground again today

#7 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 15:02

Baines .
Not because of the goal , but because he kept up his form where others wilted . Worst performance from Moyes all season .
We have a bench , and if you are good enough to be on the bench , you are good enough to be used to try and change things . Bring on a few youngsters , and I don't mean Gosling and Rodwell !!

#8 TC.

TC.

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 15:08

Piss poor perfomance, gave it to Baines due to his goal, apart from that a day to forget.

#9 dark

dark

Pixie Lott <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 15:12

Baines, he wasn't average he was actually quite good today. It just proves that even with one man on top of his game it won't change much. If the team would have followed his example we would be sitting here looking at a 3-0 win.

It's true, nice goal. But honestly can we make a 'donkey vote' were no players can get man of the match ? Absolute shit game by everyone involved. As soon as I saw Jacobsen on that pitch I knew it was going to be a long day

Donkey Vote = Noah Baadhi

I hope not. The Noah Baadi vote annoys me a little. If you don't think they deserve it don't vote. When we have Baadi above people like Yobo in the overall standings it is annoying.

We should at least not list him within the overall scores.

I fully agree with you there Jamie. Maybe there should be a vote when the team plays crap like Baadhi but not include it in the overall standings. He's not an Everton player and should therefore not be behind or ahead any of them. His total should not be included in the overall standings. Baadhi is beating the likes of Yobo...annoying

id give it to peter crouch, he showed more determination to get to them balls than saha and jo gave all game. not good enough.
gave my vote to neville though, ran himself into the ground again today

Between Baines and Neville. I always think that Neville plays well, he's been one of our most consistent players this season I just thought that Baines was outstanding considering how piss poor the players around him were playing. Baines or Neville IMO - Voted Baines

Edited by dark, 21 Mar 2009 - 15:16.

#10 234ever

234ever

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 17:25

I voted Pienaar but noone deserves to be MOTM.

#11 234ever

234ever

Tony Hibbert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 17:33

Who the hell is Noah Baadhi?

Edited by 234ever, 21 Mar 2009 - 17:33.

#12 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,428 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 17:55

You said it in your first post ;) .

The Noah Baadi vote annoys me a little. If you don't think they deserve it don't vote.

It's a new thing for this season, always open for discussion, as is the MOTM voting system (also new this year).

If people want changes for 09/10 we can certainly look at it :) .

#13 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 18:11

I gave it to Neville.

#14 jamiemaher85

jamiemaher85

Those Feet

• Members
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 18:22

It's a new thing for this season, always open for discussion, as is the MOTM voting system (also new this year).

I think it's ok to keep in. Just that Baadhi shouldn't appear in the overall standing of player of the season.

#15 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 18:55

gave it to baines as it was only him who stood out today, pip was good, pieman tried but didnt deliver. Mo, Jo and saha where annoymous.

#16 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 19:00

gave it to baines as it was only him who stood out today, pip was good, pieman tried but didnt deliver. Mo, Jo and saha where annoymous.

Osman was that shite you didn't even notice he was anonymous :P

#17 aaron

aaron

Everton Aren't We

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,095 posts

Posted 21 Mar 2009 - 19:11

sorry mark didnt know he was on the pitch ;)

#18 Sprooly

Sprooly

Andrei Kanchelskis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 00:06

well i was quite angry last night watching the first ten minutes we were playing well but then things changed and i got very pissed off
so after the match went to sleep and woke up and i thought baines was good last night so i gave him my vote

#19 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 04:23

Maybe if a guy wins man of the match , then he scores 1 in his total ?
Sometimes we have many more votes in one week than others , which means that hypothetically , a guy could win it once and get 50 votes , but another guy could win it 3 times , and only get 15 votes for each week . If you win it the most , then you are player of the season surely ?

#20 StevO

StevO

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 10:06

surely if you win the most votes over the year you are to be crowned the winner? it shows you have been consistently on top of your game.

#21 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 10:58

surely if you win the most votes over the year you are to be crowned the winner? it shows you have been consistently on top of your game.

Spot on Steve, don't want any of that FIA stuff here :)

#22 StevO

StevO

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 11:11

off topic jim, but i think that will be good for F1

#23 Jimmy the blue

Jimmy the blue

Graeme Sharp

• Members
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 11:14

off topic jim, but i think that will be good for F1

sorry mate, it does nothing for consistency, burst tyre and you are basically out of it, it seems that FIA my have already decided to back burner the idea

#24 StevO

StevO

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 11:28

a lot of 2nd places can get you the title, i think it'll make the contenders go for it big time.

#25 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • 15,493 posts

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 16:23

He is the brother of Enni Baahdi, and a cousin of Sum Baadhi. ;)

#26 The Beard

The Beard

Joe Royle

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 19:07

F**k me that was like a certain match about 4 months ago, Wigan away. There was absolute no fight, passion or spirit shown. There was more spirit on our coach, even after 12 hours of motorway watching. I accept we all have a bad day at the office and yesterday needs to be resigned to the waste paper basket. We just looked so jaded and that comes from someone who doesn't accept that tired looking lark when you pocket 50,000 a week. If ever there was evidence of the need for a larger squad, yesterday was proof. I hate the Baadhi vote but after 6 hours of reflecting on the way home maybe it can be relevant, however in the cold light of the morning, or actually 7pm on Sunday, I will give my vote to Baines, not just because of the goal, he at least looked interested and that is the most difficult thing about yesterday when too many looked as though they couldn't give a fuck. I know( and sincerely hope) this will be rectified in two weeks time.

#27 Churinga2

Churinga2

Tim Cahill

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 20:24

i voted for noah bhaadi, maybe baines was the least shit on our side, but still an underaverage performance.

about yobo beeing below noah bhaadi in man of the year:
- Yobo is a decent consistent player, but he didn't play alot of games and never really was outstanding (as far as I think)
- you can't see the man of the year stand as a ranking of players. if we want a ranking of players we should give every player a rating every game

#28 carlmc25

carlmc25

Trevor Steven

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 20:26

Semi surprised Baines got so many votes, totally skinned about 3/4 times by Johnson down the flanks and his general set-pieces (apart from the goal) were poor, I didn't think anyone played well except for Jacobsen who I thought had a very encouraging game. The defence were shaky, the midfield non-existent, Howard could have done better on both goals imo and Jo and Saha were rubbish, unsurprisingly as Jo is totally lazy and Saha looks well past it as he can hardly even run these days.

#29 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 21:44

So consider this StevO .

Joe bloggs plays the first game of the season for Everton , and 1000 members of his friends and family come on and vote for him .
He then has 1000 votes .

During training , he breaks his leg and is out for the rest of the season .

The best player in the following matches only gets 15 votes each game , because those matches were highly contested ( and Jo's family had buggered off ) ;)

Should he be proclaimed player of the season after 1 match just because he has the most votes ?

Exagerated yes , but hope you see what I mean now :)

When you look at some of our motm votes , some have a lot more votes than others , as total votes .

Also , if Tom Jones is ' clearly ' man of the match , then he might get ' all ' the votes for one match , which might give him 40 points . The following matches might be more closely contested , and another player might beat Tom by 1 point in the other 37 matches , which would still leave him having less points than Tom at the end of the season .
Tom has only won it once .
The other player has won it 37 times . Tom still gets player of the season . :huh:

That's why total votes over the season is misleading . :)

The only fair way to do it would be to have so many points for being winner each week ( despite any majority ) : so many for being 2nd etc etc , and that way it would give a better picture of the overall season .

Edited by efctaxi, 22 Mar 2009 - 21:49.

#30 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,428 posts

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 22:17

The only fair way to do it would be to have so many points for being winner each week ( despite any majority ) : so many for being 2nd etc etc , and that way it would give a better picture of the overall season .

That's exactly what we've had for the last few seasons Taxi (3,2,1 for 1st, 2nd & 3rd) and we decided to change it because the majority felt it didn't give an accurate picture :) .

For example (again extreme), a player puts in a decent shift every game but is never outstanding....gets rated fourth or fifth every week. Ends the season with no points at all :( .

It's a tough one. Keep the thoughts coming though and we'll make a decision over the summer.

#31 Maghull70

Maghull70

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 Mar 2009 - 23:40

That's exactly what we've had for the last few seasons Taxi (3,2,1 for 1st, 2nd & 3rd) and we decided to change it because the majority felt it didn't give an accurate picture :) .

For example (again extreme), a player puts in a decent shift every game but is never outstanding....gets rated fourth or fifth every week. Ends the season with no points at all :( .

It's a tough one. Keep the thoughts coming though and we'll make a decision over the summer.

3 points for Man of the Match.
1 point for 2nd.

And thats your lot.

(or the aforementioned 1 point for Man of the Match and bugger all for everyone else).

Edited by Maghull70, 22 Mar 2009 - 23:42.

#32 StevO

StevO

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 23 Mar 2009 - 00:20

taxi - you went into far too much detail for me there. old timers like me and mike have seen the rules come and go. this is the current version, and to be honest the final result will always work out either way. jags is winning, no one can argue with that. 2nd is just the first looser anyway, so who gives a damn who is second, where noah baahdi is, why yobo is lower than him. jags will win it, with out a doubt, i dont give a crap where anyone else is in the table come the end of may, and to be honest, if they are not in the top 11 they need to pull their finger out of their arses and show a bit of passion!

#33 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 Mar 2009 - 12:29

taxi - you went into far too much detail for me there. old timers like me and mike have seen the rules come and go. this is the current version, and to be honest the final result will always work out either way. jags is winning, no one can argue with that. 2nd is just the first looser anyway, so who gives a damn who is second, where noah baahdi is, why yobo is lower than him. jags will win it, with out a doubt, i dont give a crap where anyone else is in the table come the end of may, and to be honest, if they are not in the top 11 they need to pull their finger out of their arses and show a bit of passion!

I waffle for England once in top gear mate :lol:

#34 StevO

StevO

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 23 Mar 2009 - 18:36

of course you do - its part of the job

#35 Guest_efctaxi_*

Guest_efctaxi_*
  • Guests