• Leon Osman
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Louis Saha
    • João Alves Jô
    • Noah Baadhi

pollresizear5.jpg

baines.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 214

Arteta 164

Fellaini 132

Cahill 127

Baines 120

Neville 84

Osman 83

Pienaar 83

Howard 62

Saha 62

Lescott 53

João Alves Jô 38

Rodwell 29

Gosling 26

Anichebe 21

Castillo 20

Hibbert 15

Baadhi 13

Yobo 12

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Van der Meyde 10

Baxter 4

Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman

Middlesbrough (A)...Mikel Arteta

Sunderland (H)...Mikel Arteta

Macclesfield (A)...Leighton Baines

Hull (A)...Mikel Arteta

Liverpool (A-league)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (A-Cup)...Phil Jagielka

Arsenal (H)...Tim Cahill

Manchester United (A)...Tim Howard

Liverpool (H-Cup replay)...Phil Jagielka

Bolton (H)...João Alves Jô

Aston Villa (H)...Mikel Arteta

Newcastle (A)...Jack Rodwell

West Brom (H)...Steven Pienaar

Blackburn (A)...Phil Neville

Middlesbrough (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Stoke City (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Went for Baines. Only player to produce any type of attacking threat throughout the game. It wasn't enough though.

It's true, nice goal. But honestly can we make a 'donkey vote' were no players can get man of the match ? Absolute shit game by everyone involved. As soon as I saw Jacobsen on that pitch I knew it was going to be a long day

I reckon Noah may get a few votes for this one.

Thought Pienaar was useless but imagine he'll somehow get some votes despite many loose and wayward passes.

Baines was one of the better players. Jags and Neville didnt do much wrong I suppose and Jacobsen while was by no means fantastic did show some good touches.

I'll reserve my vote for when I've calmed down a bit.

Edited by Maghull70

I reckon Noah may get a few votes for this one.

Thought Pienaar was useless but imagine a few will somehow get some votes despite many loose and wayward passes.

Baines was one of the better players. Jags and Neville didnt do much wrong I suppose and Jacobsen while was by no means fantastic did show some good touches.

I'll reserve my vote for when I've calmed down a bit.

I hope not. The Noah Baadi vote annoys me a little. If you don't think they deserve it don't vote. When we have Baadi above people like Yobo in the overall standings it is annoying.

We should at least not list him within the overall scores.

Guest efctaxi

Baines .

Not because of the goal , but because he kept up his form where others wilted . Worst performance from Moyes all season .

We have a bench , and if you are good enough to be on the bench , you are good enough to be used to try and change things . Bring on a few youngsters , and I don't mean Gosling and Rodwell !!

Baines, he wasn't average he was actually quite good today. It just proves that even with one man on top of his game it won't change much. If the team would have followed his example we would be sitting here looking at a 3-0 win.

It's true, nice goal. But honestly can we make a 'donkey vote' were no players can get man of the match ? Absolute shit game by everyone involved. As soon as I saw Jacobsen on that pitch I knew it was going to be a long day

Donkey Vote = Noah Baadhi

I hope not. The Noah Baadi vote annoys me a little. If you don't think they deserve it don't vote. When we have Baadi above people like Yobo in the overall standings it is annoying.

We should at least not list him within the overall scores.

I fully agree with you there Jamie. Maybe there should be a vote when the team plays crap like Baadhi but not include it in the overall standings. He's not an Everton player and should therefore not be behind or ahead any of them. His total should not be included in the overall standings. Baadhi is beating the likes of Yobo...annoying

id give it to peter crouch, he showed more determination to get to them balls than saha and jo gave all game. not good enough.

gave my vote to neville though, ran himself into the ground again today

Between Baines and Neville. I always think that Neville plays well, he's been one of our most consistent players this season I just thought that Baines was outstanding considering how piss poor the players around him were playing. Baines or Neville IMO - Voted Baines

Edited by dark

Who the hell is Noah Baadhi?

You said it in your first post ;) .

The Noah Baadi vote annoys me a little. If you don't think they deserve it don't vote.

It's a new thing for this season, always open for discussion, as is the MOTM voting system (also new this year).

If people want changes for 09/10 we can certainly look at it :) .

It's a new thing for this season, always open for discussion, as is the MOTM voting system (also new this year).

I think it's ok to keep in. Just that Baadhi shouldn't appear in the overall standing of player of the season.

Guest efctaxi

Maybe if a guy wins man of the match , then he scores 1 in his total ?

Sometimes we have many more votes in one week than others , which means that hypothetically , a guy could win it once and get 50 votes , but another guy could win it 3 times , and only get 15 votes for each week . If you win it the most , then you are player of the season surely ?

F**k me that was like a certain match about 4 months ago, Wigan away. There was absolute no fight, passion or spirit shown. There was more spirit on our coach, even after 12 hours of motorway watching. I accept we all have a bad day at the office and yesterday needs to be resigned to the waste paper basket. We just looked so jaded and that comes from someone who doesn't accept that tired looking lark when you pocket £50,000 a week. If ever there was evidence of the need for a larger squad, yesterday was proof. I hate the Baadhi vote but after 6 hours of reflecting on the way home maybe it can be relevant, however in the cold light of the morning, or actually 7pm on Sunday, I will give my vote to Baines, not just because of the goal, he at least looked interested and that is the most difficult thing about yesterday when too many looked as though they couldn't give a fuck. I know( and sincerely hope) this will be rectified in two weeks time.

i voted for noah bhaadi, maybe baines was the least shit on our side, but still an underaverage performance.

about yobo beeing below noah bhaadi in man of the year:

- Yobo is a decent consistent player, but he didn't play alot of games and never really was outstanding (as far as I think)

- you can't see the man of the year stand as a ranking of players. if we want a ranking of players we should give every player a rating every game

Semi surprised Baines got so many votes, totally skinned about 3/4 times by Johnson down the flanks and his general set-pieces (apart from the goal) were poor, I didn't think anyone played well except for Jacobsen who I thought had a very encouraging game. The defence were shaky, the midfield non-existent, Howard could have done better on both goals imo and Jo and Saha were rubbish, unsurprisingly as Jo is totally lazy and Saha looks well past it as he can hardly even run these days.

Guest efctaxi
surely if you win the most votes over the year you are to be crowned the winner? it shows you have been consistently on top of your game.

So consider this StevO .

Joe bloggs plays the first game of the season for Everton , and 1000 members of his friends and family come on and vote for him .

He then has 1000 votes .

During training , he breaks his leg and is out for the rest of the season .

The best player in the following matches only gets 15 votes each game , because those matches were highly contested ( and Jo's family had buggered off ) ;)

Should he be proclaimed player of the season after 1 match just because he has the most votes ?

Exagerated yes , but hope you see what I mean now :)

When you look at some of our motm votes , some have a lot more votes than others , as total votes .

Also , if Tom Jones is ' clearly ' man of the match , then he might get ' all ' the votes for one match , which might give him 40 points . The following matches might be more closely contested , and another player might beat Tom by 1 point in the other 37 matches , which would still leave him having less points than Tom at the end of the season .

Tom has only won it once .

The other player has won it 37 times . Tom still gets player of the season . :huh:

That's why total votes over the season is misleading . :)

The only fair way to do it would be to have so many points for being winner each week ( despite any majority ) : so many for being 2nd etc etc , and that way it would give a better picture of the overall season .

Edited by efctaxi

The only fair way to do it would be to have so many points for being winner each week ( despite any majority ) : so many for being 2nd etc etc , and that way it would give a better picture of the overall season .

That's exactly what we've had for the last few seasons Taxi (3,2,1 for 1st, 2nd & 3rd) and we decided to change it because the majority felt it didn't give an accurate picture :) .

For example (again extreme), a player puts in a decent shift every game but is never outstanding....gets rated fourth or fifth every week. Ends the season with no points at all :( .

It's a tough one. Keep the thoughts coming though and we'll make a decision over the summer.