IGNORED

Hallam Hope

Conor is a prospect. His injury has slowed his progress but he is a gifted player.

He has a good swing on him and looked far better technically than Velios and Hope.

Hope relies on running onto through balls a lot and would struggle in our system.

Velios is a tidy player but just has not progressed at all. He doesn't really have a strength, just tidy in a few areas. Unfortunately for him that is not enough to become a premier striker.

I think a move to a championship side would be a good move for him. Needs to knuckle down and earn his stripes!

Has anyone seen McAleny beyond the 10 minutes of time he's gotten as a late sub?

Yes hence the opinion...

First hand against Norwich and a few under 21 game's and all four He featured in for Brentford so enough for Me to doubt He may become good enough but that's just My personal opinion.

Very tidy feet and decent pace but just seemed more of an Osman type to Me as opposed to a forward and out of the three Shukes mentioned Vellios seem's to have more about Him for Me.

I think Vellios has sealed his fate, not going to happen here. I liked McAleny when he came on against Arsenal, looked very quick and active, had a good shot on target if I recall correctly. But probably not going to be strong enough to play in a one up top system (if he's even going to be good enough for the PL).

I think he hit it on the volley (or half volley) and either just glanced the keepers LH post or went past it. He was very alert and reminded me of the Michael Owen type striker but like you say, certainly not a one up top man.

Yes hence the opinion...

First hand against Norwich and a few under 21 game's and all four He featured in for Brentford so enough for Me to doubt He may become good enough but that's just My personal opinion.

Very tidy feet and decent pace but just seemed more of an Osman type to Me as opposed to a forward and out of the three Shukes mentioned Vellios seem's to have more about Him for Me.

They are completely different players to compare really. Like I said above, McAleny is that poacher type. Small, nimble and pretty quick with a good technical ability where as Vellios is more of a big strong target man who also seems to be good technically but he seems to have some sort of attitude problem. I imagine they would probably work quite well as a pair tbh. McAleny is probably the better footballer, but Vellios will probably get further in the game due to his physical ability.

• 2 months later...

Now that's damning with faint praise. Are you saying he's not up to snuff for Everton?

No I said its always good to hear (as in one of our youngsters making an impression in lower league)

I also said that if they are not up to Prem level (which is always a possibility) - then the exposure can justify a cash transfer.

No faint praise, just a realistic point of view that not every young lad is going to be Wayne Rooney. He may turn out to be a gem after this loan - we will see. But correct use of the loan system at least can generate exposure for players who may not be good enough for the first team.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...