IGNORED

If I Was Efc Manager

If I was brought in at the begining of the summer as the replacement for DM I would aim to make the following squad changes.

Outs.

Castillo Released from loan.

Anichibe Sold for around 3 mil

Saha sold for 1 mil

Ins

jo signed on loan for another season or less than 8 mil permanent.

Adam Johnson for what I would assume would be 5 - 8 mil

Mike Kightly from wolves for 5 mil to play on the right.

Ryan Sharwcross from stoke for about 4 mil.

I wnated to be realistic about the type of players we buy and not just pick the obvious mounito.

Do you all agree??

Agree with the outs apart from Saha, let's give him another year. He always seems to score when he comes on and has never really had an off game. Whilst he is here I'd give him another full season and see how he does with that. I would however agree with you on the fact that we should sell Anichebe and release Castillo. He just isn't good enough for Everton so lets send him back.

I don't want them to but I think that Van der Meyde & Nuno Valente will have left Everton by September.

If Jo dosen't come in the summer then I would like to see us snap up Portsmouth striker Peter Crouch.

Oh and of course, Moutinhio would be nice.

We need 4 or 5 players before we get rid of anyone, this is going to be a hard summer IMO.

I wouldn't mind us getting Johnson. I can only see Jo being here next season if we can manage to get him on loan again. I can't see Kightly leaving Wolves this summer as they're probably going to get promoted. I doubt Shawcross will leave Stoke either because they look like staying up.

Guest efctaxi

Personally , I think we should keep hold of what we have , and then add to it .

Saha is a useful player , so no reason to lose .

Castillo has played well in his under 21 matches , and hasn't really had the games here to justify himself .

Why lose Jacobsen ?

He has played once and looked ok .

Anichebe is still a kid , and might still come good . Remember his UEFA performances ? He still hasn't had a good run in the squad .

Squad players are important , especially when you consider the size of the squad we have .

I rate Crouch highly .

I would love to have a right winger , and a creative midfielder .

If the right price comes in for Arteta , or even Lescott , then I'm sure Moyes will make good use of the money .

I would rather spend £20 million on 6 players , and get them playing the Everton way for one season , than spend it all on 1 player like Moutinho . The following season , we might have 6 world beaters on our hands :)

Personally , I think we should keep hold of what we have , and then add to it .

Saha is a useful player , so no reason to lose .

Castillo has played well in his under 21 matches , and hasn't really had the games here to justify himself .

Why lose Jacobsen ?

He has played once and looked ok .

Anichebe is still a kid , and might still come good . Remember his UEFA performances ? He still hasn't had a good run in the squad .

Squad players are important , especially when you consider the size of the squad we have .

Agree about keeping Saha, but Castillio has looked poor in most his games. He is slow, his positioning, awareness and general work rate is awful and he can't pass a ball even 5 yards.

Jacobson. In all fairness, why keep him? If we are to improve then we need better than him. Much better. If he was good then he would have been making appearances while Hibbert was out.

PLAYERS OUT-[-

castillo- too slow for prem.

jacobsen-not had a chance but doubt he will be taken on again

VDM-no explanation needed!

valente-maybe employ him as a european scout

kissock-can't see him getting kept on after not making it at accrington stanley!

so we would be 5 players down by my reckoning but will we have the money for 5 new players.

i think DM should look for a -solid attacking RB (m.richards)

-A left sided midfielder (moutinho/jonas/s.hunt)

-a young winger (s.sinclair)

-another defensive midfielder (l.cattlemore)

-and another striker (possibly jo if not k.doyle)

think we should loan victor out for the season to the championship cos still think he can improve and hopefully vaughany can come back good cos he will be lika a new signing

PLAYERS OUT-[-

kissock-can't see him getting kept on after not making it at accrington stanley!

The reason he didn't make it at Accrington was because they coulden't afford him. He's looking like a good footballer that will do very well at this club. Releasing him would be a big mistake.

The reason he didn't make it at Accrington was because they coulden't afford him. He's looking like a good footballer that will do very well at this club. Releasing him would be a big mistake.

they could have kept him on for longer than they had him but they refused.that doesn't say much for the lad. i have thought he looked good in the past but don't think he can make it at the very top level

PLAYERS OUT-[-

so we would be 5 players down by my reckoning but will we have the money for 5 new players.

i think DM should look for a -solid attacking RB (m.richards)

-A left sided midfielder (moutinho/jonas/s.hunt)

-a young winger (s.sinclair)

-another defensive midfielder (l.cattlemore)

-and another striker (possibly jo if not k.doyle)

think we should loan victor out for the season to the championship cos still think he can improve and hopefully vaughany can come back good cos he will be lika a new signing

I agree with all your outs, why keep dross. The sale of at least one forward is almost a certainty with the possible sale of a star to be contemplated in order to raise funds..............Vic should be sold if we sign Jo and Jags or Lescott seem certain to be courted by richer clubs

The main problem is what comes in and what we are able to afford. Lets face it for those almost definitely going out can only muster a handful of games between them, at least it will reduce the wages bill a tad. I suspect that we will have to search the loan market again and make do with what we can get. Like Moyes I would look fot a tough guy for midfield, say Sean Davies from Pompey, not the most talented player in the world but he would do a job when asked and be relatively cheap. Johnson is a viable target but we can forget about the Moutinho's of this world, he is out of our pocket size

I would only get rid of anichebe because when i watched him was not very good and of course VDM and i would like to keep nuno till his contract ends or too old

in:

moutinho

johnson

peter crouch

cattermole

sturridge

walcott

a left mid

some our a little out of our league but i would like them

Guest efctaxi
Agree about keeping Saha, but Castillio has looked poor in most his games. He is slow, his positioning, awareness and general work rate is awful and he can't pass a ball even 5 yards.

Jacobson. In all fairness, why keep him? If we are to improve then we need better than him. Much better. If he was good then he would have been making appearances while Hibbert was out.

Because he would be free ;)

We don't know for sure how good he is , but we don't have a lot of proven backup for that position .

I suspect his wages aren't that high .

Obviously if we get someone else in , then it's a different story , but he wouldn't be playing for his national side , or infact be here , if he was total crap .

Glen Johnson would do a good job , but not cheap I suspect .

Anyone else like Sylvan Ebanks-Blake ?

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetai...7~32095,00.html

The guy is only 23 , and playing his ass off for Wolves :) Scored 23 in the league last year , and already 24 this year .

Unites Park Ji Sung is another nifty player . Few knee probs in the past though .

dont see why so many want to get rid of victor? as mentioned remember his uefa performances turned the games around then. when hes in the mood it takes a brick wall to stop him and they need to bring him down and he wins us free kicks in the right areas. hes only 20 and ive always been a big fan of his and think he will be top class just needs a run in the team and hes got the best african striker to work with also who will teach him the way to score goals! maybe a loan move out for a few months like we did with osman?

Because he would be free ;)

We don't know for sure how good he is , but we don't have a lot of proven backup for that position .

I suspect his wages aren't that high .

Obviously if we get someone else in , then it's a different story , but he wouldn't be playing for his national side , or infact be here , if he was total crap .

Glen Johnson would do a good job , but not cheap I suspect .

Anyone else like Sylvan Ebanks-Blake ?

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetai...7~32095,00.html

The guy is only 23 , and playing his ass off for Wolves :) Scored 23 in the league last year , and already 24 this year .

Unites Park Ji Sung is another nifty player . Few knee probs in the past though .

I like Blakes, but im gna guess McCarthy won't let him go now tho, especially if they get promoted?

And im soo glad someone has said Park, i really rate Ji Sung as a winger, he's rapid, got little touches and has proven he can score, if there's anybody realistic from United that we could get i think it'd be him? Gurantee him regular football, i rekon he'd think about it?

ive never seen it take a brick wall to stop him, for a lad of his build and strength he spends more time on his arse than on his feet. he doesnt have the best finishing ability, not very good in the air. and i think its pretty well documented his attitude stinks.

others have said, if all our strikers are fit, he wont get a look in.

i dont think united would sell him unless it was big money. he plays in all the big games and hes picking up medals for fun. id love him here though, reminds me of pienaar, but better.

Edited by StevO

Out:

Segundo Castillo

Victor Anichebe (3 mil)

Andy Van der Meyde

Lars Jacobsen

Louis Saha (4mil)

In:

Joao Moutinho (10 mil)

Victor Obinna (Loan)

Michael Owen (Free)

Miguel Veloso (8mil)

1. Howard

2. Hibbert

6. Jagielka ©

5. Lescott

3. Baines

10. Mikel Arteta

8. Miguel Veloso

28. Joao Moutinho

7. Victor Obinna

17. Tim Cahill

9. Michael Owen

Subs:

24. Carlo Nash

4. Joseph Yobo

18. Phil Neville

20. Stephen Pienaar

21. Leon Osman

25. Marouane Fellaini

22. Yakubu

Reserves:

12. Ian Turner

14. James Vaughan

19. Nuno Valente

26. Jack Rodwell

32. Dan Gosling

37. Jose Baxter

We have a lot more squad depth, players like Yakubu, Fellaini, Osman, Neville and Pienaar not making the side, Vaughan not making the 18.

Joao Moutinho (10 mil)

Victor Obinna (Loan)

Michael Owen (Free)

Miguel Veloso (8mil)

1. Howard

2. Hibbert

6. Jagielka ©

5. Lescott

3. Baines

10. Mikel Arteta

8. Miguel Veloso

28. Joao Moutinho

7. Victor Obinna

17. Tim Cahill

9. Michael Owen

Subs:

24. Carlo Nash

4. Joseph Yobo

18. Phil Neville

20. Stephen Pienaar

21. Leon Osman

25. Marouane Fellaini

22. Yakubu

Your estimate of the total cost of Veloso and Moutinho are well off there is not much chance we could afford to buy one of those two let alone both. I dont see why anyone would want Owen dont get me wrong he can score goals but he will DRAIN us with a big salary and is constantly injured and is no better then Yakubu or Vaughan at this point in his career.

Out:

Segundo Castillo

Victor Anichebe (3 mil)

Andy Van der Meyde

Lars Jacobsen

Louis Saha (4mil)

In:

Joao Moutinho (10 mil)

Victor Obinna (Loan)

Michael Owen (Free)

Miguel Veloso (8mil)

1. Howard

2. Hibbert

6. Jagielka ©

5. Lescott

3. Baines

10. Mikel Arteta

8. Miguel Veloso

28. Joao Moutinho

7. Victor Obinna

17. Tim Cahill

9. Michael Owen

Subs:

24. Carlo Nash

4. Joseph Yobo

18. Phil Neville

20. Stephen Pienaar

21. Leon Osman

25. Marouane Fellaini

22. Yakubu

Reserves:

12. Ian Turner

14. James Vaughan

19. Nuno Valente

26. Jack Rodwell

32. Dan Gosling

37. Jose Baxter

We have a lot more squad depth, players like Yakubu, Fellaini, Osman, Neville and Pienaar not making the side, Vaughan not making the 18.

Fellaini cost 15 M + I don't think he'd be on the bench; furthermore he has loads of potential and gets on the scoresheet regularly.

What Everton need:

A decent Right Back (7)

A decent Winger (who can play with both feet) (8)

A top-drawer creative force (8)

A defensive Mid (7.5)

A out-n-out Striker (8)

A back-up keeper (6)

Numbers represent realistic quality needed to push Everton forward without breaking the bank.

1 being shite

10 being world class e.g Messi

Currently in those positions we have (based on technical ability etc)

Hibbert (4.5)

Pienaar (6.5)

Osman (5.5 at best)

Neville (5.5) based on yday a 10 ;)

Yakubu (6.5)

Nash (2)

Edited by tenaciousj

What Everton need:

A decent Right Back (7)

A decent Winger (who can play with both feet) (8)

A top-drawer creative force (8)

A defensive Mid (7.5)

A out-n-out Striker (8)

A back-up keeper (6)

Numbers represent realistic quality needed to push Everton forward without breaking the bank.

1 being shite

10 being world class e.g Messi

Currently in those positions we have (based on technical ability etc)

Hibbert (4.5)

Pienaar (6.5)

Osman (5.5 at best)

Neville (5.5) based on yday a 10 ;)

Yakubu (6.5)

Nash (2)

Based on technical ability is quite simply useless when talking about a RB and DM. As for Yakubu, technically he is brilliant and the only questions marks are against his workrate and temperament, he is more like a 9 than a 6.5 imo.

As for everyone wanting to get rid of Anichebe, I personally think that would be a big mistake, in certain matches this season (Liverpool in the league, Villa in the league) he has been outstanding and put in probably the best performances by any striker for us this season. Saha is a waste of space and needs to be shown the door but Anichebe has all the attributes to go a long way and this season he's had more energy and stamina, he just needs to stay fit (like Vaughan) and I think we could have one seriously good striker on our hands. To sell him for buttons now when he could be worth millions in the future seems one big mistake to me. Even if he doesn't make it why sell him when he obviously has the attributes (pace, height, strength, not bad finisher, decent shot and in the air, not bad awareness and touch) to become superb if he can stay fit and get a run in the team. I'd pick him ahead of any of our strikers with the exception of Yakubu.

Based on technical ability is quite simply useless when talking about a RB and DM. As for Yakubu, technically he is brilliant and the only questions marks are against his workrate and temperament, he is more like a 9 than a 6.5 imo.

Thats why there's the etc. including;

Technical ability

Tackling

Passing

Heading

Speed

Character :)