IGNORED

Premiership's Hardest Player Ever ?

...good question. No point being hard if you're stupid with it. Real hard men control their temper and get things done quietly...it's not hard to hit people, any prat can do that. (Sorry..this is mikeo..didn't notice I was signed in as Joshua :D )

Edited by Joshua O

Dave Mackay of Spurs and Derby County was a hard man without being Dirty, unlike the Reds Tommy Smith who was dirty, and thought he was hard until he met Johnny Morrisey. :)

Norman (bites yer legs) Hunter of Leeds Utd was another.

Chelsea's Ron (chopper) Harris was also another tough opponent.

The hardest man i ever saw on a football pitch wore Evertons blue Jersey, Bought from the lower leagues because he had scored a few goals, Bernie Wright bought from Walsall i think, built like a brick shithouse and played like one.

Played about 9 games for us, scored two goals, had two fights, got two red cards, and was promptly shipped out, back down the leagues. ........................should have been a Boxer cos he most definately was'nt a footballer.

One of Harry Cattericks worst ever buys, brought him in to replace Bally, who had just been sold to the Arsenal. 1971-72.

Theres no Hard men about today, the game isnt the same as it used to be.

These days they are all mamby pamby primadonna's.......big tarts most of them.

It used to be a MANS game, but these days referees protect them like they are women.......enough said.

Edited by toffeelicker

Wouldn't wanna mess with Roy Keane

Though not sure how well he'd do up against the likes of Hunter, Mackay, Harris and Tommy Smith in their heyday!

Problem is that the real hardmen back then weren't actually great players. You couldn't get away with that now. Plus the fact that players go down so easily now there's no point being a proper hardman cos you wouldn't be on the pitch very long!

Arguments for and against but here's how i'm judging it

I wouldnt fight Duncan the battles already won with reputations like that

Tommy smith (although not prem) would be a prospect

I wouldnt like to go toe 2 toe with Pearce

The rest i would proberbly fancy me chances if they were tryin to pull me gril :P

Arguments for and against but here's how i'm judging it

I wouldnt fight Duncan the battles already won with reputations like that

Tommy smith (although not prem) would be a prospect

I wouldnt like to go toe 2 toe with Pearce

The rest i would proberbly fancy me chances if they were tryin to pull me gril  :P

Trying to pull your gril!!!! Now theres a story for the papers 'top prem player in oven shocker!!!!'

Nyway back to the topic I once heard an interview with Everton's kit man and I think he summed Dunc up 'no one ever gets on the wrong side of Dunc you just dont!' Personally when ive met Dunc Ive always thought he was a big softie!

Trying to pull your gril!!!! Now theres a story for the papers 'top prem player in oven shocker!!!!'

Nyway back to the topic I once heard an interview with Everton's kit man and I think he summed Dunc up 'no one ever gets on the wrong side of Dunc you just dont!' Personally when ive met Dunc Ive always thought he was a big softie!

:blink:

Those gril stealing bastards now i cant make any toast :P