IGNORED

Can't Afford Jo

I dont think we will be able to afford jo, if man city want near what they paid for him. but i dont think he is worth paying 12 to 15m for anyway ??. i would like to see gudjohnnson if he drop his wages. or kanuote. i think that would be a lot cheeper and less a risk than jo. they have been in premier before.????? ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi
Not Crouch Tax....where do people see his quality? He'll go Villa anyway lol

How can you not see quality in Peter Crouch ?

He has the Everton spirit , and is a prolific goal scorer both in the leagues and International level .

If he was only 5ft 9 , people would be fighting over him , but because he he is tall , he stands out as irregular in some peoples eyes . His stupid dance probably knocks £5 mill off the asking price too .

As for Ebanks Jamie , he oozes quality mate , and it's a little presumptuous to suggest he won't make it in the prem . Wolves as a team might struggle , but as an individual , I think he has all the right qualities .

If he does do well in the prem , we then won't be able to afford him , so if the price is right , it's worth the risk before hand.

He has the Everton spirit , and is a prolific goal scorer both in the leagues and International level .

If he was only 5ft 9 , people would be fighting over him , but because he he is tall , he stands out as irregular in some peoples eyes . His stupid dance probably knocks £5 mill off the asking price too .

As for Ebanks Jamie , he oozes quality mate , and it's a little presumptuous to suggest he won't make it in the prem . Wolves as a team might struggle , but as an individual , I think he has all the right qualities .

If he does do well in the prem , we then won't be able to afford him , so if the price is right , it's worth the risk before hand.

I wouldn't go that far. He's good but I really don't think he is that great. I've seen him play quite a few times, both on tv and live. He ha scored a few good goals, notabally against Charlton, but they are the bottom team. But he misses way too many easy chances even at championship level. He'd cost too much for the type of player we'd get.

I wouldn't go that far. He's good but I really don't think he is that great. I've seen him play quite a few times, both on tv and live. He ha scored a few good goals, notabally against Charlton, but they are the bottom team. But he misses way too many easy chances even at championship level. He'd cost too much for the type of player we'd get.

I agree, i dont think he's that great.. but i think if we can snap him up cheap then see how moyes uses him cus he could fit in well with our crossing game

Im not argueing Tax, i just don't rate him...i think he misses more opportunities than the hard ones he seems to score? His international track record currently stands against teams like, Jamaica, Tinidad, Andorra, Macendonia, Estonia, Austria, Hungary and Greece.

On the other hand i disagree with Jamie, i like Blakes...yeah he misses some, but i tell you what he gets into the positions to do so!! If you have 20 chances n score 5, its better than 5 chances and scoring 1? I like him!! if i remember rightly United didn't wanna leave him, but he was hungry for 1st team football!!

Edited by tenaciousj

Guest efctaxi

Last 2 seasons has scored over 20 goals in each . Very quick . Very young . Very much a possibility . :)

Wolves will probably go down like so many others , and would probably accept 5-7 mill :P

I think we will see a very similer thing happen with Blake as we did Darren Bent when at Charlton. If Wolves dont spend big they more then likely will flop but i can see him scoring a few in the Prem.

He's far from special but he does have alot of potential and would do well under Moyes's wing but as Jamie says they have just been promoted so its very unlikely it would happen.

Guest efctaxi
What you say is right taxi but do want us to return to route one hoof ball, no thanks mate

Hoof football is all about the player hoofing , and not the player he is hoofing it to .

Crouch is very good with the ball coming in to his feet too .

Hoof football is all about the player hoofing , and not the player he is hoofing it to .

Crouch is very good with the ball coming in to his feet too .

That is the odd thing about him, he is better with his feet than his head, he heads the ball like a pansy, still not for me mate as he still declares his love of Anfield

Guest Reg Reagan

your having a luagh if you think we should be getting an ex RS player.

Dean Ashton would be my preferred choice

Morrissey, Sheedy and (to a lesser extent imo) Beardsley. No more to be said (unless you want to mention Ablett).

Yes there is Mike, none of those you mentioned ever had a shout against us, plus, other than Beardsley, the rest were never more than bit part players with the shite and Beardsley was a bit of a journey man having played for many clubs

Crouch is a self confessed rs tool who stands out in a crowd :o

everyone is talking baout we need rb rm cm.

our team is balanced now apart from that goal machine!

if we can spend 10M on a forward who puts the ball in the net then i think we can make that step up.

im thinkin eduardo from arsenal. he looks a bit part player for them and even with adebayor and van persie out injured wenger still doesnt play him.

if we can spend 10M on a forward who puts the ball in the net then i think we can make that step up.

im thinkin eduardo from arsenal. he looks a bit part player for them and even with adebayor and van persie out injured wenger still doesnt play him.

He broke his leg :blink:

Looks like Ebanks-Blake is out anyway - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s.html?ITO=1490

Fair play to him....nice to see a bit of loyalty (if he sticks to it).

We'll just take him off their hands next summer when they go back down :) .

im pleased, we shouldnt be buying forwards from the championship with any prem experience. other positions is fine lescott and cahill have been fantastic for us, but forwards. i just think we need to buy a forward who is already scoring in the top flight of a good league - england, spain, even germany. we dont have the time to teach another young forward how to play in the prem we already have vaughan and anichebe.

Guest efctaxi
your having a luagh if you think we should be getting an ex RS player.

Dean Ashton would be my preferred choice

So you wouldn't want Gerrard if he was on a free ?

Or Torres ........... or ?

No , I'm not having a laugh . I'm genuinely serious . I think the guy is a great goal scorer .

Not to sound harsh mate but that post is terrible, For one Eduardo is one of Arsenals best players and would not come here let alone the transfur fee would be way out of our reach.

The team is not balanced we ARE really lacking down the right its plain to see we have no decent service down the right and we have Yakubu to come back next season Vaughan is nearly there just needs more games and we have Saha.

Guest Reg Reagan
Morrissey, Sheedy and (to a lesser extent imo) Beardsley. No more to be said (unless you want to mention Ablett).

what have they done for us?

He broke his leg :blink:

Looks like Ebanks-Blake is out anyway - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s.html?ITO=1490

well the CCC is a much different level of competition to the premier league so lets see how he will go next season... and i do hope he does well

So you wouldn't want Gerrard if he was on a free ?

Or Torres ........... or ?

No , I'm not having a laugh . I'm genuinely serious . I think the guy is a great goal scorer .

Gerrard is getting old and senile. we have good youngsters coming through plus tim cahill is a better player then gerrard. just ,look at the stats

Torres is a little sissy lady boy and is a poor finisher

Fair point, but I was specifically answering Reg's refusal to have ex-Reds at the club.

So was Peter Reid :) (though I've no evidence of him being a twat :P ).

He never played for them and Peter would kick your head in if he saw you writing that Mike :lol::lol::lol:

On a more serious note I understand that if Citeh sign Eto then we have a chance of signing Jo on loan for next year...............................how does everyone feel about that, personally I think we should wash our hands of him