IGNORED

Can't Afford Jo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi
what have they done for us?

well the CCC is a much different level of competition to the premier league so lets see how he will go next season... and i do hope he does well

Gerrard is getting old and senile. we have good youngsters coming through plus tim cahill is a better player then gerrard. just ,look at the stats

Torres is a little sissy lady boy and is a poor finisher

:huh:

It all depends on how much they want for him. I think that he is worth between 5 and 8, (only raising to 8 on goals and such things), and I think that at that price he would be worth a dip. That is what I feel is a fair price on his ability, I fear though that they would want nearer to 11- 12 million, which is well over what he is really worth. City have already over-paid for him, I just hope we don't make the same mistake.

He never played for them and Peter would kick your head in if he saw you writing that Mike :lol::lol::lol:

On a more serious note I understand that if Citeh sign Eto then we have a chance of signing Jo on loan for next year...............................how does everyone feel about that, personally I think we should wash our hands of him

Yeah we should let him go,

Firstly because when the season comes around we will have Yakubu, Vaughan and Anichebe all back and fit, OK big Victor might not be the best but he'd be fine on the bench just in case, so we can lose Jo and Saha.

Secondly any money we have to spend, even if its only 5 or 6 mill should go to where we need it most, and we need a wide right player badly. I think we could lose maybe 5 players this summer and not miss them, but thats for another topic. :)

Yeah we should let him go,

Firstly because when the season comes around we will have Yakubu, Vaughan and Anichebe all back and fit, OK big Victor might not be the best but he'd be fine on the bench just in case, we should lose Jo and Saha.

Secondly any money we have to spend even if its only 5 or 6 mill, it should go to where we need it most, and we need a wide right player badly. I think we could lose maybe 5 players this summer and not miss them, but thats for another topic. :)

Pleased to see you leaving Saha out Bill, pity Moyes doesn't :o

I agree that a right sided player needs to be brought in but I do think that a new striker needs to be brought in as vic doesn't cut it and as much as I love Vaughn he is not the best finsher adn I'd put good money on him having another long period out. Also Yak will most likely take at least 3 months to get back to anywhere near a good striker. I can't really imagine himself taking care of himself that much while he's been out. He'll be massive.

The talk about Ebanks Blake reminds me of another Wolves striker who never went anywhere else despite being touted as one of the greats at the time. Remember Steve Bull?

If I am correct there was a lot of talk at the time he was coming to us. Or going to ManUre. or Arsenal. He never did any of that and simply stayed where he was.

Loyalty? Or did he just realise he would be rubbish in Top Flight football?

Can the same be true of Ebanks Blake?

I woulden't mind if he stayed at a reasonable price. The factor for me is that with the money that we pay out for Jo could be much better spent on someone else like Moutinhio or Darren Bent. Jo has done well on his loan spell but has not proved what he is worth, the kinda' money that Manchester City are asking for is way too much for him and it looks inevitable that he will end up back in a sky blue shirt at the end of the season.

He was good whilst he was here but I would be very surprised if he signed on a permanant deal.

Just popped into my head now, probably won't work but is there any chance of another 12-month loan?

FM have it down as £11m agreed transfer fee.

Personally I was not a fan at all when we first got him, Im starting to come round to him though now. His interviews are always good to read, he seems like a person who just wants to do well and from what Ive saw of him in the Everton he has potential to do well, play as the second striker as his hold up play is really good. Dont forget he is 22, still alot of time for him to make the grade, babel is the same age and I'd rather have Jo than him.

Well, we have a pretty good striker that at the moment is 4th choice, and I think he deserves more, a loan to a PL club would be very good for him.

I'm talking about Yannick Djaló, don't know if you know him, but you can take a look at him here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6MlmkU75bQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgZMkEgPQCs

Well, we have a pretty good striker that at the moment is 4th choice, and I think he deserves more, a loan to a PL club would be very good for him.

I'm talking about Yannick Djaló, don't know if you know him, but you can take a look at him here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6MlmkU75bQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgZMkEgPQCs

He'd be a great loan signing, a very quick lad.

However he is very small and could never fit into the 4-5-1 with Cahill behind him. He'd play great in a 4-4-2 with Vaughan or Yak though, but the 442 is where we go wrong. :(

Same build as Andy Johnson haha.

everyone is taking about a right sided midfielder.

surely left is more of a priority! we have no left footed midfielders.

id much rather we got a genuine lefty in, stick pienaar on the right. he does great with baines down that left, but he would add the creativity we dont have on the right, and bringing in a lefty would give us much better balance.

as for jo, no thanks, shite (prove me wrong today jo)

everyone is taking about a right sided midfielder.

surely left is more of a priority! we have no left footed midfielders.

id much rather we got a genuine lefty in, stick pienaar on the right. he does great with baines down that left, but he would add the creativity we dont have on the right, and bringing in a lefty would give us much better balance.

as for jo, no thanks, shite (prove me wrong today jo)

But what if City let Jo go on another season loan?

Also, I agree with you on a left sided midfielder; imagine how a natural would link up with Baines! Sexplosion down the left for sure.

I think Bayern Munich will clear the ship, so to say in the summer, Klose, Podolskii, or Toni would all be a great signing

? .. Bayern isn't a team that can afford to mail it in for one year .. they gotta be there at the top evey year.. i don't think there's a chance in hell they'll let Toni or Klose go.. Podolski is most of the time a benchplayer for them so he's probably available.

? .. Bayern isn't a team that can afford to mail it in for one year .. they gotta be there at the top evey year.. i don't think there's a chance in hell they'll let Toni or Klose go.. Podolski is most of the time a benchplayer for them so he's probably available.

New manager, new ideas, why not mate, id have any 1 of them

I have really come around to Jo. I've been to the last two away games (Chelsea/ Sunderland) and he has impressed me no end. He is starting to come around to be an "Everton" player, by which I mean playing with the ethic and attitude that Moyes instills in his players and the squad.

I still have a problem with the fee that will be attached to him, but thats not his fault. I think it will be a shame when he goes and I will miss him. I didn't think it would happen but he has really turned me around and he clearly enjoys playing for us. Its just a shame that City paid such a ridiculous price for him in the first place. Oh well

Guest efctaxi
I have really come around to Jo. I've been to the last two away games (Chelsea/ Sunderland) and he has impressed me no end. He is starting to come around to be an "Everton" player, by which I mean playing with the ethic and attitude that Moyes instills in his players and the squad.

I still have a problem with the fee that will be attached to him, but thats not his fault. I think it will be a shame when he goes and I will miss him. I didn't think it would happen but he has really turned me around and he clearly enjoys playing for us. Its just a shame that City paid such a ridiculous price for him in the first place. Oh well

We have something in common :)