• Segundo Castillo
    • Phil Neville
    • Leon Osman
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Tim Cahill
    • João Alves Jô

pollresizear5.jpg

chelsea.jpgchelsea1.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 226

Fellaini 172

Arteta 164

Baines 140

Pienaar 134

Cahill 129

Neville 118

Osman 102

Howard 62

Saha 62

Lescott 57

João Alves Jô 38

Rodwell 29

Gosling 26

Anichebe 21

Castillo 20

Baadhi 17

Hibbert 16

Yobo 12

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Van der Meyde 10

Baxter 4

Jacobsen 4

Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman

Middlesbrough (A)...Mikel Arteta

Sunderland (H)...Mikel Arteta

Macclesfield (A)...Leighton Baines

Hull (A)...Mikel Arteta

Liverpool (A-league)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (A-Cup)...Phil Jagielka

Arsenal (H)...Tim Cahill

Manchester United (A)...Tim Howard

Liverpool (H-Cup replay)...Phil Jagielka

Bolton (H)...João Alves Jô

Aston Villa (H)...Mikel Arteta

Newcastle (A)...Jack Rodwell

West Brom (H)...Steven Pienaar

Blackburn (A)...Phil Neville

Middlesbrough (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Stoke City (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Portsmouth (A)...Leighton Baines

Wigan (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (A)...Steven Pienaar

Manchester United (Wembley)...Phil Neville

Leighton Baines for me. Constantly working, great going forward and great defending. Gave Capello something to ponder. Whereas Cashley looked bothered for 2-3 minute spells, Baines was up and down the line like a yo-yo.

Great performance.

Honourable mentions to Jo, Cahill and Pienaar.

Was between Baines and Lescott for me am guna go for lescott tho was soild as a rock all game. Little mention for castillo aswell, thought he played very well today considering how many games hes had. Well desirved point and if the pitch was'nt so slippy we could have won it!

Easily Baines best game for us...

Made up that Castillo put a performance in, and Jacobsen.

Pienaar also backed up sundays performance with his usual cracking work ethic. If only he could've finished!

Jo aswell, chased a few lost causes and could/should've won the game for us. But he's working well to get in the positions.

All round a great team effort and confidence booster for the final, I remain proud to blue. As for MoM, a difficult one, Leighton Baines had a great night, noth in defence and attack. The nearly men Castillo and Jacobson both stood tall playing vital roles contributing to a successful evening. Yobo, escott and Tim Howard all did well under the greatest of pressure but I did think that Jo was embarrassing at times, did he have banana skins under his boots that said his work rate has improved away from home......................

I've just tossed a coin between Baines and Castillo, Leighton gets my vote just

Guest efctaxi

Pienaar needs a little shooting practise .

Not the most decisive of finishers , and at the moment can't hit a barn door from 6 feet .

Put that right and he would be class .

Pienaar needs a little shooting practise .

Not the most decisive of finishers , and at the moment can't hit a barn door from 6 feet .

Put that right and he would be class .

Correct, he works his little arse off for a very poor end product, I still like the lad though and can only be impressed by his energy levels

Guest efctaxi
Correct, he works his little arse off for a very poor end product, I still like the lad though and can only be impressed by his energy levels

He's possibly our best footballer Jim , but lacks the sharp brain of other top players at the moment .

It's that split second thinking that seperates the good from the best .

Guest efctaxi

I notice that despite Jags topping the leader board , it's actually Fellaini who has won motm the most times .

Possible candidate for player of the year ?

Edited by efctaxi

I notice that despite Jags topping the leader board , it's actually Fellaini who has won motm the most times .

Possible candidate for player of the year ?

It wouldn't surprise me taxi as he has attracted votes for performances that I have considered to be well below par and he is becoming a cult figure. Player of the year could only be Jags based on pure footballing performances he has been brilliant throughout every game he has played

Edited by Jimmy the blue

So let me guess. Because we got a clean sheet man of the match has to go to Baines or Jags? Baines was decent.

But MOM must come out of Pienaar and Cahill.

13 votes for Baines just shows how rediculous these votes are becoming.

I'm sorry but that is the most ignorant, close minded and pathetic post I have seen.

Baines was absolutely oustanding tonight, how anyone can give the vote to anyone else is just bizarre :blink:

Baines ran his arse off for 90 minutes, he had a 100% tackle rate and made an incredible one to deny lampard from what was a definate scoring opportunity a few yards from goal.

Getting forward he linked brilliantly with Pienaar and was the backbone of our Jagielka-less defence tonight.

Pienaar did what he usually does, a lot of running around with no end product or decent crosses. He's a very good player, but he put in a shift and that's all, same as Cahill.

Baines stood out by miles, and certainly proved to me (and should have to Capello) that he deserves to be Engalnd's first choice left back; and if you want to spit in the face of his Man of the Match performance, do it with some insight, the fact that you're guessing the reason he got the votes was because we had a clean sheet makes me wonder whether you actually watched the match at all :rolleyes:

In case you didn't guess I voted Baines, no matter how "rediculous" you think it is ;)

I'm sorry but that is the most ignorant, close minded and pathetic post I have seen.

Baines was absolutely oustanding tonight, how anyone can give the vote to anyone else is just bizarre :blink:

Baines ran his arse off for 90 minutes, he had a 100% tackle rate and made an incredible one to deny lampard from what was a definate scoring opportunity a few yards from goal.

Getting forward he linked brilliantly with Pienaar and was the backbone of our Jagielka-less defence tonight.

Pienaar did what he usually does, a lot of running around with no end product or decent crosses. He's a very good player, but he put in a shift and that's all, same as Cahill.

Baines stood out by miles, and certainly proved to me (and should have to Capello) that he deserves to be Engalnd's first choice left back; and if you want to spit in the face of his Man of the Match performance, do it with some insight, the fact that you're guessing the reason he got the votes was because we had a clean sheet makes me wonder whether you actually watched the match at all :rolleyes:

In case you didn't guess I voted Baines, no matter how "rediculous" you think it is ;)

Nice one Reg, its called democracy mate and we practice it, I voted for Leighton myself :lol:

So let me guess. Because we got a clean sheet man of the match has to go to Baines or Jags? Baines was decent.

You probably saw another game, because Baines was just fantastic.

Also an honourable mention to castillo!

Edited by Churinga

:lol:

Ha ha well you certainly appear to be in a minority of one !!

Baines was superb tonight so I cant see where you are coming from, and Jags did take his tracksuit off in an impressive fashion but I dont think it was enough to win him man of the match!

Oh and yeah I voted for Baines aswell!