• Joleon Lescott
    • Leighton Baines
    • Segundo Castillo
    • Phil Neville
    • Leon Osman
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Tim Cahill
    • João Alves Jô

Could only watch on a link yesterday, but i have watched it again on the OS.

Baines has certainly grown up this season, i cant imagine how we ever played without him, he has definately improved his defending capabilities no end and i had no hesitation in giving him MOTM, also a mention in despatches for Pienaar and Cahill who worked tirelessly throughout. Wish he had rested Osman cos he is a spent force at the mo, Gosling should play against City.

So let me guess. Because we got a clean sheet man of the match has to go to Baines or Jags? Baines was decent.

But MOM must come out of Pienaar and Cahill.

13 votes for Baines just shows how rediculous these votes are becoming.

The fact that we had a clean sheet has nothing to do with Baines being nominated. His attacking threat over his defensive quality is what has caught the eye.

Guest efctaxi

Woohoo food fight in the motm Caral again :lol:

Here is my little machine that determines who's opinion is right , and who's is wrong :rolleyes:

damn.gif

Edited by efctaxi

A few decent performance but Baines by a country mile, great defending in position and tackling, especially the one on Lampard and a great header away when he beat Drogba in the air. Great attacking play from him to and should have won us a penalty and late on was actually in the right inside forward slot. Capeelo was watching and he must have been impressed seeing how invisible Cole was. The only blot for Baines was his distance free kicks which where often over hit but thats taking nothing away from a MOTM performance, for which he even won on Sky.

Edited by The Beard

So let me guess. Because we got a clean sheet man of the match has to go to Baines or Jags? Baines was decent.

But MOM must come out of Pienaar and Cahill.

13 votes for Baines just shows how rediculous these votes are becoming.

i think its just a typo lads.

Because of Baines being man of the match we got a clean sheet!

only 28 votes shows how ridiculous these votes are becoming.

i think its just a typo lads.

Because of Baines being man of the match we got a clean sheet!

only 28 votes shows how ridiculous these votes are becoming.

The votes are becoming a joke, i think that if a player ends up with the most votes they get one point, that way we wont have a stupid amount of points for that player. If its a draw then both players get a point each.

I think the current positions are a pretty fair representation of the season personally. Jags I think few would argue has been the player of the season, some would no doubt argue that Fellaini's a bit too high up (next season will be interesting). Lescott & Yobo could maybe be a bit higher but in games where they're likely to have been busy and been considered, ie when we've been under the cosh, Jags has more often than not been the man.

Howard deserves a few more also maybe but it's tough for a keeper to accumulate votes (unless it's a game like the one at Wigan :unsure: ).

Willing to look at possible changes for next season but I think this has been an improvement on previous (no offence Pat ;) ).

It is a no brainer, Baines was by far best player on the pitch. Very, very impressed with him last night.

How refreshing not to have Fellaini on the pitch.

Only downside to the whole game was Jo, he has 0 confidence and was bad.

i agree.. by not playing fellaini, moyes showed how important the young guy is to our team.

i hope fewer toffees now doubt him, seeing how we weren't very threatening against chelsea.

glad you've come around E_W :) .

I do think Jags is player of the year though, followed closely by Cahill. (unless something dramatic happens in these last few games).

For this match, I went with Castillo.

I quite like the current votes system. Simply outstanding performances give you lots of votes while being best of a bad bunch doesn't get that much because fewer people bother coming online after a match like last night.

Probably the fairest way of doing it, the only downside is that if you play fantastic but fewer people vote you get less votes than after say the Liverpool treble of matches in January.

Fellaini has won more times because he has gotten those vital goals while we've played badly and his goals stood out when nothing else was standing out. Jagielka on the otherhand is always great and people come to expect him to play well, but when he puts in very good performances in big games like he always does he gets a lot of votes.

I'd say the standings are probably fair given our season. Interesting to see Arteta is still 3rd even after being out for the last 2 months.

^^^^ I thought everton were fantastic last night plus we also created 5 good chances and should have won the match.... It just shows how some people see a completly different game........... But I will say I think your both completly wrong...... What game were you watching?

Edited by DangerMouse

Baines for me - Cappello in the audience had two left backs on show and one well and truly stood out both defending and going forward, I have no doubt Baines will again be named in the next England squad. going on form rather then experience then Baines could be knocking on the door of being first choice. Who would you pick?

As for Fellaini - he must be in his current position in the MoftheM standings on merit - (for every 'cult figure' follower voter he has his 'not worth £15M' detractor non voters. so that should balance out). He can blow hot and cold and is frustrating to watch some times, but I would have to say he has played his part in what has to go down as a very good season, we don't have the team to carry player - so any regular pick must be doing their bit. He is a young lad, new in to the fastest paced most physical league in the world. I think we have a rough diamond to be honest. There is a lot of expectation on his shoulders given he has come to the club as a record signing. So I have the optomistic view on him rather than the pesimistic view of him.

Jags for player of the season by a country mile.

The votes are becoming a joke, i think that if a player ends up with the most votes they get one point, that way we wont have a stupid amount of points for that player. If its a draw then both players get a point each.

If we did it that way this season, Fellaini would be first. He's doing wonderful, but Jagielka Must be man of the season so far.

What about 3 points for the winner, 2 for second and 1 for 3th?

Now i look like a fool :D

Not at all. We used it for a couple of years so that would make fools of all of us :P .

Individual player ratings isn't a bad idea in theory, but it'd be time consuming for everyone to vote (so I suspect a lot of people wouldn't bother) and even more time consuming to update. If the forum had the technology to do it automatically it would maybe be OK, but it doesn't.

Not at all. We used it for a couple of years so that would make fools of all of us :P .

Individual player ratings isn't a bad idea in theory, but it'd be time consuming for everyone to vote (so I suspect a lot of people wouldn't bother) and even more time consuming to update. If the forum had the technology to do it automatically it would maybe be OK, but it doesn't.

Ffs don't copy formula one :lol:

Ffs don't copy formula one :lol:

haha

Man of the match as most ppl have said was defintely baines, an excellent and assured perfomance from englands finest left back.. I was really impressed with castillo, he broke certain play up pretty well and passed the ball sufficently. Jo maybe should have done better with his chances, but to get into those positions in the first place is half the job, so lets hope he is practicing his shooting skills! Jacobsen done well also... Overall a very good team perfomance against a very strong chelsea team, our team does not get enough recognition from others, if you look at the way some reports are worded on the game.

Willing to look at possible changes for next season but I think this has been an improvement on previous (no offence Pat ;) ).

WTF happend to Pat? just disappeared, as did alot i suppose from what i remember willo, liam (gold fish) etc no longer come on.

WTF happend to Pat? just disappeared, as did alot i suppose from what i remember willo, liam (gold fish) etc no longer come on.

Liam and Pat have both made fairly recent appearances and explained their absences Aaron, you must have missed them....have a look at their most recent posts ;) .

Edit: Checking that Pat didn't actually post, he put something in the shoutbox and sent a PM or two though. He was OK, sorting himself out after some personal upheaval....hopefully he'll be back.