IGNORED

Dead Wood.

Bill

This season has really seen us struggle to put 11 fit players out on the field, so if we stay in 6th and get a euro spot it has been something of a miracle, but come the seasons end i would like to finally put some dead wood on the fire and get a squad that can be relied on to perform when needed.

Players i would like to see go are................

Nuno Valente, has spent the last two season being paid for doing nothing.

Louis Saha, will spend the next two seasons being paid for doing nothing, if we keep him.

Andy v d Meyde, has spent the last four seasons being paid for doing nothing.

Jo, not good enough for the money he would cost, and with Vaughan Yakubu and big Victor we wont need any others.

Carlo Nash, totally unecessary did he ever get onto the pitch to have a game, ?? Turner or ruddy can sit on the bench.

Jacobbson, i'm not sure about him could do with a few more starts to see how he goes and we also signed a young fullback that could be given a few games

Thats five players maybe six that we would not miss if we got rid, and that would give us some money to play around with.

None of those players would bring in money for us to "play around with though"

Valente, VDM, Nash and Jacobsen are all out of contract so would not bring any money in, Jo is on loan so has no money involved and Saha would only bring in around 750k.

They might be worth getting shot of but they won't bring money in and we would have to spend alot to make up those numbers.

None of those players would bring in money for us to "play around with though"

Valente, VDM, Nash and Jacobsen are all out of contract so would not bring any money in, Jo is on loan so has no money involved and Saha would only bring in around 750k.

They might be worth getting shot of but they won't bring money in and we would have to spend alot to make up those numbers.

Not paying their wages will give us money to pay new player(s) wages though!

Barry j answered your question as i would have done jamie, if you have five players on 20 grand a week equals 100 grand. take that over 52 weeks and it equals 5.2 million pounds in wages, is what i meant when we could have 5 or 6 mill to play around with, and thats on top of any transfer kitty.

Not paying their wages will give us money to pay new player(s) wages though!

We will only save that money if we have a season without those players, AND without new ones, wich will be a big risk.

There can be only put 11 players on the field, so there is always going to be "dead wood"

Dead wood are those we cant even call on when needed, they are permanently injured and not able to play, Cant say we have missed Valente and Van d meyde this season, and can honestly say we wont miss Jo and Saha when our own strikers are all back next season. we need players who can come in and play whenever they are needed not crippled or permanently injured. The wage issue means we can pay players who actually play, rather than those who spend all their time in the treatment room.

Drinks are on me the day VDM is no longer employed by Everton.

EW we will have a -uck off VDM party...................the deadest wood of all

and Bill I'd get shut of all of them mate with the possible exception of Jacobson, just to give the kids a chance. However I suspect that if Citeh sign Eto we will take Jo on loan for another year

Guest efctaxi
This season has really seen us struggle to put 11 fit players out on the field, so if we stay in 6th and get a euro spot it has been something of a miracle, but come the seasons end i would like to finally put some dead wood on the fire and get a squad that can be relied on to perform when needed.

Players i would like to see go are................

Nuno Valente, has spent the last two season being paid for doing nothing.

Louis Saha, will spend the next two seasons being paid for doing nothing, if we keep him.

Andy v d Meyde, has spent the last four seasons being paid for doing nothing.

Jo, not good enough for the money he would cost, and with Vaughan Yakubu and big Victor we wont need any others.

Carlo Nash, totally unecessary did he ever get onto the pitch to have a game, ?? Turner or ruddy can sit on the bench.

Jacobbson, i'm not sure about him could do with a few more starts to see how he goes and we also signed a young fullback that could be given a few games

Thats five players maybe six that we would not miss if we got rid, and that would give us some money to play around with.

I would be happy to see Jacobsen get a short term contract with a view for extension .

Same for Castillo .

Not seen enough of either to warrant getting shut , and both have looked worthy another look lately . We really need to get these guys on the pitch for the rest of the season and see what they have .

I would quite happily sell Osman , based on performances , or at best keep him as a squad player / sub .

Anichebe is 50/50 , as he is young , and if the right money came in for the Yak , then it might be worth considering , but only if it could get us nearer a top class midfielder or winger .

I actually like the Yak .

Dead wood are those we cant even call on when needed, they are permanently injured and not able to play, Cant say we have missed Valente and Van d meyde this season, and can honestly say we wont miss Jo and Saha when our own strikers are all back next season. we need players who can come in and play whenever they are needed not crippled or permanently injured. The wage issue means we can pay players who actually play, rather than those who spend all their time in the treatment room.

While I dont think we should sign Jo and Saha does seem off the pace I was wondering which strikers you were hoping would be back next season.

Vic just simply isnt good enough, Vaughn is even more injury prone than Saha and so that just leaves The Yak

I think we need to make a new striker a priority for next season

I would be happy to see Jacobsen get a short term contract with a view for extension .

Same for Castillo .

Not seen enough of either to warrant getting shut , and both have looked worthy another look lately . We really need to get these guys on the pitch for the rest of the season and see what they have .

I would quite happily sell Osman , based on performances , or at best keep him as a squad player / sub .

Anichebe is 50/50 , as he is young , and if the right money came in for the Yak , then it might be worth considering , but only if it could get us nearer a top class midfielder or winger .

I actually like the Yak .

As I said in my other post the Yak is the only reliable forward weve got on the books so I would definitely not consider selling him at the moment.

It would be nice to get a top class midfielder and a winger but I think a forward should be our top priority

I would happily swap the Yak for Darren Bent

Yak is too lazy and if he isn't scoring he offers nothing to the team and I hate his diving.

two of my mates are Spurs season ticket holders, they reckon Bent is the worst striker they've had in a long time. I also think he misses FAR too many sitters.

two of my mates are Spurs season ticket holders, they reckon Bent is the worst striker they've had in a long time. I also think he misses FAR too many sitters.

Some fans a fickle he is Spurs top scorer regardless of chances missed if i had a choice i would take Bent over Keane and Defoe to be honest who are both overrated.

Why get shut of Yakubu people say we need this and that to build a better squad then talk about getting rid of one of our best players who is a quality striker lazy or not he scores goals he netted 21 last season.

We dont have money and we are not a name that will attract players who are world class its harsh but the truth and players of Yaks calibre are hard to come by for clubs like ourselves.

We need to bring in players that will make us a better squad and it all depends on what funds we have available if we have very little i expect us to struggle next season as the teams around us will be bringing in new faces so unless we have funds i dont think Moyes will deplete the squad a great deal, if we could replace players i would do away with:

Anichebe - As said not good enough this talk of give him time is nonsense the lads had more time then tag heuer to develope and show us what he can do which is not much 6 goals in 65 games speaks volumes.

Valente - At 34 he is not going to give us much now and i would like to see him involved in the club but not as a player.

Saha - Its a tough one as he came for free and could be useful off the bench but if funds are available to bring in a new striker then i would say thanks and goodbye.

Jo - I dont think we will bring him in on a permanent basis next season as City will want to much if we could loan him for the season then yes i would take the gamble on paying his wages if not then goodbye.

Castillo - A funny one to judge as he was very poor in the earlier part of his time here and has since showed signs of quality it depends if he gets more games before then end of the season and if he performes well and what fee he would command.

VDM - Goodbye

Its hard to say what will happen as we have such a small squad as it is but the obvious one's must go.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Not a huge fan of Pennant at all to be honest. Would prefer giving a player from the Chapmionship a go rather than someone who has never been able to cut it in the prem.

I watched him play against the barcodes, as always he flatters to deceive, I just wonder if Moyes could do a number on him and turn him into a team player, the lad still has time on his side

I think his attitude is awful and that Moyes would not be able to work that much magic with him. He's got a real Billy Big Time attitude about him. I personally would hate to see him in an Everton shirt.

Don't worry Jamie, the rs would want too much for him anyway, he is only on loan at Pompey and the Waiter has to sell to buy (now that is coming down in the world :lol::lol: )

Guest efctaxi

Why has he an attitude ?

Press talk again ?

We need a right sided player . He is an option , and probably an affordable one , and noone can say he isn't a decent player .

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_5255644,00.html

David Moyes has hinted that he could keep Lars Jacobsen and Segundo Castillo beyond the end of the season.

Jacobsen joined Everton from Nurnberg last summer but his contract expires next month, while Segundo Castillo is set to return to Red Star Belgrade following a season-long loan deal.

Neither player has figured too heavily for the Toffees this term but Moyes insists he does rate them both highly.

Jacobsen and Castillo both impressed in the goalless draw with Chelsea last week and the Everton boss is now eager to resolve the situation.

"Maybe I could keep them," Moyes told the Liverpool Echo.

"It's certainly something I'm looking at. I always felt they were not bad players. It's just maybe the time wasn't right to play them.

"But we put them in a big game last week and they showed us what they are - international footballers. They are no mugs, they are good players."

Open-minded

Jacobsen has previously admitted that the uncertainty surrounding his future has affected him, but he has now made it clear that he would consider staying on Merseyside.

"I am keeping all options open," said the Danish defender.

"We will see what happens. There are some clubs that are interested but I will not think about that just yet.

"I am really happy to be here, There is no doubt that if I could play regularly I would like to stay at Everton.

"It is a fantastic club and we have a really fine squad."

Red Star are set to demand a hefty fee for Castillo and Moyes accepts the circumstances are different for the Ecuadorian midfielder.

"It's a serious consideration," said Moyes. "The big point is that I think there is a fee of £4.5m for Castillo. That would be something we would have to think about.

"With Lars, it is different because he is our player and we are watching him. There have been moments where Casty has done well.

"After the first 15 or 20 minutes at Chelsea when he was a bit nervy, I thought he came on to have a really good game. But there were a few who were like that."

Guest efctaxi

If Castillo became an option , I would be surprised if his club held tight to the 4.5 mill , as if Everton said ' thanks but no thanks ' , it's unlikely anyone else will stump up that cash for him .

I see us getting him for £3 mill with strings .