IGNORED

Dead Wood.

Bill

Jacobsen may be a viable signing but not Castillo if there is a sizeable fee involved. The guy is easily drawn out of position as exemplified by his error on Saturday for the second goal. I'm very surprised by Moyes statement as neither are world beaters, he may just be raising moral for the final

Or keeping his options open, he wants them to both be welcome next year, even if only as benchwarmers, lord knows what would happen if we had another injury crisis and no viable players to use...plus Valente and VDM are deffo going as is Jo, he may just be ensuring he can hold onto players if we get noone, which could happen.

I actually quite like Jacobson, not sure exactly why as we've not seen a lot of him this season, seems to like trying to get forward when he can and seems to have half decent cross in him. I definitely think we should keep hold of him and give him some more games. I'm sure without the shoulder injury we'd have seen a lot more of him. As for Casti, I'm afraid the jury is still out for me, I don't like the term bench warmer, cos I think players should be good enough to compete for a place in the starting line-up, I'm still not sure he's quite at the level as some of our other midfielders though, and 4.5mil. I'm sure that money could be used better elsewhere.

Why has he an attitude ?

Press talk again ?

We need a right sided player . He is an option , and probably an affordable one , and noone can say he isn't a decent player .

when he was playing for Liverpool and living in the South of the city there were many stories flaoting around that he was a bit of a sex pest...... driving around speke / garston showing off and stopping to chat up random girls....

then again these are just stories buit theres smoke without fire..... he obviously has a bit of a childish arrogant attitude......

also he was reportadly arrested for beating up his girlfriend.... what a horrible prick he sounds

so yes I think he has a bad attitude.......

Guest efctaxi
when he was playing for Liverpool and living in the South of the city there were many stories flaoting around that he was a bit of a sex pest...... driving around speke / garston showing off and stopping to chat up random girls....

then again these are just stories buit theres smoke without fire..... he obviously has a bit of a childish arrogant attitude......

also he was reportadly arrested for beating up his girlfriend.... what a horrible prick he sounds

so yes I think he has a bad attitude.......

I know the bit about him getting done for drink driving and giving his name as Ashley Cole :lol:

Guest efctaxi
Jacobsen may be a viable signing but not Castillo if there is a sizeable fee involved. The guy is easily drawn out of position as exemplified by his error on Saturday for the second goal. I'm very surprised by Moyes statement as neither are world beaters, he may just be raising moral for the final

Didn't 4 people run towards the ball Jim ?

IMO

Nash: Not that he's a bad keeper but we simply don't need him. We already have Turner and Ruddy and don't need yet another goalkeeper taking some of our wage money. He's not bad as a substitute but seeing as he's older of the other two I'd let him go (possibly Ruddy out on loan again next season and keep hold of Turner)

Jacobsen: Done OK and I would like to see him have another season at Goodison. The fact is that should someone like Bayerm Munich come in with a few million for his services that money simply cannot be turned down. If the money is right then let him go - I don't think he's got his heart set on Everton either.

Valente: Fantastic player but with both injuries and age against him he's starting to become our baggage.

VDM: For all I like the guy it's time for him to move ship. We can't afford to keep paying his wages and seeing nothing in return. I think I'm the only person that likes the guy and would be sad to see him go however I feel that its the best for the club to see him out the door.

Jo: Points that have already been made. He's just not going to stay at Everton.

Yakubu: Straight swap for Darren Bent

How people think that a swap of Yakubu for Bent represents anywher near a good bit of buisness is beyond me. When Yak is on form he is a top top top draw player. Bent is average at best. He has knocked a few goals in this year but not one has caught the eye. All scrappy. Very very scrappy. I don't know one Spurs fan who rates him that highly. I would not mind Bent here, but a swap for Yakubu would possibly be the worst tranfer move within the premier league this summer.

How people think that a swap of Yakubu for Bent represents anywher near a good bit of buisness is beyond me. When Yak is on form he is a top top top draw player. Bent is average at best. He has knocked a few goals in this year but not one has caught the eye. All scrappy. Very very scrappy. I don't know one Spurs fan who rates him that highly. I would not mind Bent here, but a swap for Yakubu would possibly be the worst tranfer move within the premier league this summer.

Especially when Bent did his cruciate in training yesterday :o

You've summed it up perfectly Jamie. Yakubu is one of the best strikers in the league when he's fit, it'd be insane to let him go, especially as a swap for a one-dimensional striker like Bent.

Especially when Bent did his cruciate in training yesterday :o

It was "only" his medial, but the point still stands.

What is the fascination with getting rid of the Yak? He was playing well and then got injured, why suddenly must he go or be classed as dead wood?

I agree, he was lazy as hell when he first arrived but was improving in that department all the time.

His running style is also very deceptive, loooks like a jog but he does actually cover the ground quite well.

My only remaining criticism of him is that he goes to ground far, far, too easily!

He will probably take the longest of our long term absentees to get back to the same level (or better) as when he got injured but you cannot knock the fact that he can score goals for fun.

I am probably in the minority here (I can accept that) But the Yak was deffo turning his gme around when he got injured.

I rate Saha as well. I am sure that with a little encouragement from Moyes he can be a great striker for us. He has skill and ability and if anyone can take the Yak and make hime 'energetic' I am pretty sure Saha will be no real problem.

As for Jo. Hmmmmmm Well he has shown what he can do, and how badly he can play at times too. But nobody is perfect. I would like him to stay, but I can't see it myself. If I had to pin my hopes on anyone out of those three I would be choosing Saha, with the Yak a close second.

I would like to see the Yak and Saha partnering up front when they are both at the top of their game, with Cahill playing behind them.

I don't like the term bench warmer, cos I think players should be good enough to compete for a place in the starting line-up,

Team building 101: When you're evaluating potential acquisitions, you look for opportunities to improve your team at both ends - the front AND the back. Yeah you definitely look for chances to replace starters with better starters, but at the same time you also need to look for chances to replace the guys at the end of your bench with better reserves, too. That's how you ultimately build a deeper squad. Moyes knows this perfectly well, that's why he also goes after players like Gosling and Wessels and Saha, not just the Yakubus and Fellainis. You don't just exclusively look at the starting lineup and ignore the rest of your team - acquiring nothing but starters is too expensive and it also causes friction, because guys who think they're good enough to start for you, or who were starting for you until you brought in this interloper, don't usually take too kindly to sitting on the bench. At best they won't be happy, at worst they'll demand a transfer, neither of which is any help to your team.

WHy would e get rid of Yak as stated he is amazing on his day. and when fit his day comes quite often. If we can get jo on loan with the current stikers in the squad I don't think we need anymore forwards I would concentrate on a classy winger for both sides of the pith the two boys from wolves would be ok

For me dead wood definatly applies to Saha. He was crap when he came on and even if moyes rates him why didn't he start him instead of Jo.

Because Jo can't play in the final so we're going to need Saha. That means we run Jo into the ground while we can.

Casti we should keep on a free or less than 1 million. Needs to learn how to pass, even his 10-15 yard passes are bobbling and skipping around, no one else does that. 4.5 million is insane money for him.

Jacobsen certainly deserves at least another year, can't see who we would possible get without breaking the bank on a position we don't need to break the bank on. With Hibbert and Neville we have enough cover there if Jacobsen doesn't work out playing week in week out.