IGNORED

Investment

c1982

Off Toffeeweb...

Qatari takeover rumours resurface

This one has flown under the radar a little this weekend but a TribalFootball.com report citing The Daily Mail suggests that a rumoured £200m takeover of Everton FC by Qatari Investment Authority is once again on the cards.

Rumours suggesting a buyout of the club by QIA CEO Sheikh Hamad bin Jassem bin Jabr Al Thani — with $40bn worth of assets at his disposal, he is cited by Wikipedia as the fifth richest man in the world — first surfaced in October but was denied by Everton at the time.

Now, this report in the Mail suggests that a deal is place and will be completed at the end of the season. Normally, the Mail should be treated with extreme skepticism but you never know...

Here we go again!!!

This is interesting, we win something and its like a beacon. I have had a feeling for a while that something was possibly in place, even down to Moyes staying when he signed a new contract, he claims to have considered leaving, why re-sign if there was no hope of extra investment.......................................we can but hope but at the same time if this goes through we will end up like the rest...............a richman's play thing

If someone comes in then BK will not still be boss. If you have the money then you'll have the power. They may keep BK on the board but he will undoubtably lose his power in the club.

I would like to see him still involved as he clearly loves the club, but he will not still be boss if a money man comes in.

As loyal as Kenwright appears to be, we will never be a serious top 4 premier league league club untill we get a new owner with billions to spend on the club, just the way football is now.

I for 1 want us up challenging in the CL against the likes of Barcelona every season, but it aint going to happen untill Kenwright leaves or gives up his ownership to someone with a big bank account

Guest efctaxi

Why wouldn't someone want Kenwright to run things ?

It seems good business sense to keep the experience and loyalty at the club , and the fans would certainly put pressure on any potential investor to consider this .

It seems good business sense to keep the experience and loyalty at the club , and the fans would certainly put pressure on any potential investor to consider this .

I think he'd be kept on in some capacity and used to help the fans with the transition, but I couldn't see him being ina controlling position at the club.

I agree with Romey, I can see Kenwright remaining in a figurehead position but business decisions would be made by business minded people if a takeover where to happen. Although he's a good face for the club, he's 64 this year and will no doubt want to retire soon.

John Woods can't be that far behind him and Philip Carter at 81 is no spring chicken either. Kenwright has said he wants to leave the club in safe hands, he has no sons to leave it to. The question is are the Al Thanis safe hands?

Kenwright has never ran the business side of the club.

Guest efctaxi
Kenwright has never ran the business side of the club.

I'm talking about doing exactly what he does now .

Having our best interests at heart and safeguarding the club .

I'm a mega fan of the guy but I don't think he'd want to stay, he has had enough of the knives going in his back!

One thing is for certain, a big foreign investor comes in and the first thing they will do is say

A. Lets us have land in and around Goodison to expand

or

B. We will take the club where ever we need to in order to have a suitable ground for our plans and KEIOC can do one. As for voting on things, you'd be havin a larf :(

Guest efctaxi
I'm a mega fan of the guy but I don't think he'd want to stay, he has had enough of the knives going in his back!

One thing is for certain, a big foreign investor comes in and the first thing they will do is say

A. Lets us have land in and around Goodison to expand

or

B. We will take the club where ever we need to in order to have a suitable ground for our plans and KEIOC can do one. As for voting on things, you'd be havin a larf :(

With those big hellicopter thingies :P

To an investor lookin at the club i think it would make sense to leave well alone! The personell in charge have turned it around on a budget of around £16.50 a season so theyre obviously good at what they do so let them carry on, why not? As for a new ground we can have Stanley Pk when it goes tits up across the park teehee!