IGNORED

Van Der Meyde Is Leaving..

Louis

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5259311,00.html

Andy van der Meyde is set to leave Everton at the end of the season, skysports.com understands.

The Dutchman's contract at Goodison Park expires in the summer and he has not been offered a new deal by Everton.

Van der Meyde has seen his stay at Everton dogged by injuries since his arrival on Merseyside in 2005 with the winger being restricted to only a handful of appearances.

The former Ajax and Inter Milan ace does not figure in David Moyes' first-team plans and he will be looking for a new club in the summer.

Van der Meyde's agent Chiel Dekker has confirmed the player is set to leave Goodison Park and that he would like to find himself a new club in England.

"I think Andy will be leaving Everton when his contract expires," Dekker told skysports.com.

"He has not been playing in the team and he is looking for a new challenge in his career.

"He is fit and ready to play and he would prefer to stay in England with a new club.

"We will wait and see what happens in the summer."

He wont want to go far from Alder Hey Hospital coz of his daughter! Good luck to him pity he couldnt show the ability we all know he had at Goodison!

Had such great potential and its such a shame that he never got a chance to show it at Goodison with injuries. He was a great player and I'm kinda' sad to see him go even though I know its the right thing to do. Best of luck to the man. :king:

Can see him at Bolton/Wigan myself.

I think we should all PM him, break it nicely like Dear EW your best mate is leaving the club or even VDm has been offered a new contract at Hartlepool

'Hartlepool has a fine selection of traditional and modern pubs, all offer various bar meals and a good selection of local ales'

Perfect? ;)

I have a very different view on VDM. I concede he hasn't put the performances in that his past record would lead you to beleive he would but I think if any of us had experienced the problems he has had over his time at everton we would find it difficult.

1. His injuries. Being injury prone is not his fault and if any of us got sickness that stopped us doing our jobs then I think that could be pretty depressing.

2. His daughters illness. I know if my daughter was as ill as his i certanly would not fancy any sort of work and would probably think about getting hammered quite often.

3. Moyes obvious inability to give a fit VDM a fair chance. I understand not picking him due to lack of fitness and due to off field issues but in pre-season this year he came out the blocks firing and looked pretty good right at a time when we were calling out for a winger. And then moyes stop playing him.

I think moyes has treated him pretty badly and should have used him more this season but giving him chances in pre-season then not using him this season I think is pretty bad.

I

I have a very different view on VDM. I concede he hasn't put the performances in that his past record would lead you to beleive he would but I think if any of us had experienced the problems he has had over his time at everton we would find it difficult.

1. His injuries. Being injury prone is not his fault and if any of us got sickness that stopped us doing our jobs then I think that could be pretty depressing.

2. His daughters illness. I know if my daughter was as ill as his i certanly would not fancy any sort of work and would probably think about getting hammered quite often.

3. Moyes obvious inability to give a fit VDM a fair chance. I understand not picking him due to lack of fitness and due to off field issues but in pre-season this year he came out the blocks firing and looked pretty good right at a time when we were calling out for a winger. And then moyes stop playing him.

I think moyes has treated him pretty badly and should have used him more this season but giving him chances in pre-season then not using him this season I think is pretty bad.

I

Memmaclub, there is not one thing in your post mate I could agree with....................VDM is a wastrel and an embarrassment to his profession. He has done bugger all for our club except bleed it dry so your rewriting of history is laughable mate

I

Fair point mate!

Pitty people didn't read your posts more carefully before trashing them.VDM nas had far more from Everton than we've ever got from.But no one I would have thought have set out to sit on the bench or in the reserves rather than show their talent.Moyes went out and bought him, he knew the risks just as he did with Kroldrup.

If we win the FA cup this year I for one will be glad that he at least came this way.Sure he could have done more, that's history now.Let's hope he has luck with his next club, his daughter has luck with her illness and we spend his wages on a player who does better for us.

Fair point mate!

Pitty people didn't read your posts more carefully before trashing them.VDM nas had far more from Everton than we've ever got from.But no one I would have thought have set out to sit on the bench or in the reserves rather than show their talent.Moyes went out and bought him, he knew the risks just as he did with Kroldrup.

If we win the FA cup this year I for one will be glad that he at least came this way.Sure he could have done more, that's history now.Let's hope he has luck with his next club, his daughter has luck with her illness and we spend his wages on a player who does better for us.

Yes yoyu are quite right about people not reading posts, you cl;early didn't read mine. Your comments attempt to exonerate a guy who many fans saw getting poured out of bars at all hours of the morning, long before his daughter became ill. In the real world anyone would have been sacked long ago for some of the lies and deciet he came out with, he even went as far as to blame Moyes for his drinking, how old is he. If you must rewrite history then stick to the bloody facts or shuit up

Yes yoyu are quite right about people not reading posts, you cl;early didn't read mine. Your comments attempt to exonerate a guy who many fans saw getting poured out of bars at all hours of the morning, long before his daughter became ill. In the real world anyone would have been sacked long ago for some of the lies and deciet he came out with, he even went as far as to blame Moyes for his drinking, how old is he. If you must rewrite history then stick to the bloody facts or shuit up

Think someone else has been on the booze ;)

I can see both sides to the argument myself. He is a good footballer and has done some good work for Everton but at the same time for the reasons Jimmy has brought up he hasn't been the best player in the clubs name. I'm not sad to see him go and I'm not happy either. I just think that his time is up and wish him the best of luck.

Think someone else has been on the booze ;)

I can see both sides to the argument myself. He is a good footballer and has done some good work for Everton but at the same time for the reasons Jimmy has brought up he hasn't been the best player in the clubs name. I'm not sad to see him go and I'm not happy either. I just think that his time is up and wish him the best of luck.

:lol::lol: I've always had him down as the last bloke in the pub at closing time, shouting the loudest and insulting people......maybe he should shut the fuck up :lol: ......... :)

no doubt that in hindsight it was a shit signing, but the potential was definitely there from the little bit we got to see of him - unfortunately injuries won in the end........

pity his high point in england came when he scored for inter against arsenal in the CL in '03 with nothing to show thereafter!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Rovers are now assessing his overall state and mental attitude before deciding whether to take him on.

Think he'll need a bit more than luck, tho he might do well enough to get a contract and then sit on the bench for 4 years.