IGNORED

Van Der Meyde Is Leaving..

Louis

feel sorry for the things with his daughter and his house getting robbed, but if that caused problems for me in my job, id have been fired a long time ago.

he has had more opportunities than any of us here will ever get, he has been paid more by efc in the last few years, than most of us will earn in a life time.

hes had a hard few years, but thinking about it, people lose family members and loved ones to wars and thugs, yet still have to go to work and do it to the best of their ability.

he should not be let of the hook just because he has the job we would all dream of, so sorry andy. this is the real world, bad things happen, deal with it, go to work and do what your paid to do, like the rest of us have to.

good luck at blackburn, i honestly do hope you get your career back on track, and i hope your daughter gets over her problems and lives a happy life.

im enjoying the extra day off from my job, where they pay me less in a year than you'll get in your next pay cheque.

no doubt that in hindsight it was a shit signing, but the potential was definitely there from the little bit we got to see of him - unfortunately injuries won in the end........

pity his high point in england came when he scored for inter against arsenal in the CL in '03 with nothing to show thereafter!!!

:P Surely his high point in England was his cross for Gosling in the cup against the Shite this year!

edit: just helping out

Edited by StevO

In the overall scheme of things I find it hard to get excited enough to criticise a player who has had to deal with a lot more than your average bloke on the street, Yes he has been paid well for very little but that does not compensate his issues in his private life. Everyone I know who has met him find him a likeable down to earth person who wanted to do well for us, the fact that he didn't meet Moyes work ethic does not mean he wouldn't have done a job. People will quickly idolise Duncan Ferguson (me included), yet criticise Van Der Meyde for the reasons that they tend to overlook Dunc for.

Going to be very interesting to see what he says about his time at the club, if anything....and also Moyes' take on it, though we'll probably have to wait on his autobiography for that.

None of us know all the facts but most of us think we know enough to judge. Reserving mine.

I hope he does well wherever he goes...bye Andy....and thanks for the cross!

In the overall scheme of things I find it hard to get excited enough to criticise a player who has had to deal with a lot more than your average bloke on the street, Yes he has been paid well for very little but that does not compensate his issues in his private life. Everyone I know who has met him find him a likeable down to earth person who wanted to do well for us, the fact that he didn't meet Moyes work ethic does not mean he wouldn't have done a job. People will quickly idolise Duncan Ferguson (me included), yet criticise Van Der Meyde for the reasons that they tend to overlook Dunc for.

The average bloke on the street !!

Do you mean the bloke who cant get a job and has to bring up his family on the Social security, or whose wife left him for his best mate, maybe he has lost his house because he cant meet the mortgage payments. Please Clarify.

I just think of the song that rings true. When the going gets tough the tough get going

Lifes a bitch hafnia but some people pick themselves up and get on with it, and without the comfort and finances that VDM had at his disposal. He's a waster and i shant miss him one little bit.

Dolce is finally fit enough to move away from the hospital, and as such van der Meyde is able to look for a transfer to another club.

"Things are going well with her," Van der Meyde told De Telegraf.

"In the last two years, a number of clubs wanted to sign me, but we were not willing to take Dolce away from that hospital and her doctors.

"Everton did not understand that, they thought that I was just staying here for the money.

"Dolce was the reason that I wanted to stay, but that was not apparent to them.

"We can move Dolce now, so we have plenty of options, including the Netherlands."

The versatile winger says that despite Moyes' attempts to 'destroy' his career, he has kept himself in good shape and is ready to devote his services to another club.

"Moyes is a worthless man who tried to destroy me, but he didn't succeed. You cannot write me off," Van der Meyde added.

"I am running on the treadmill every day and I'm fully fit and, for once, I hope to stay fit for a while.

"Last summer, I had a good pre-season, but just before the start of the campaign I suffered a six-centimetre tear in my hamstring

"When I was fit, I was hardly given any opportunities. On several occasions, I was told that I would be in the squad on the Saturday, but then when I arrived at the stadium, I would end up in the stands."

The former Ajax star also denied suggestions that he has an alcohol problem.

"I don't deny that I occasionally like to go out in the city, but it is nonsense to suggest that I don't know how a professional is supposed to behave."

wow!

that's a pretty angry interview!

I think Moyes had no time for him but obviously we don't really know the ins and out of what went on. Whatever he's clearly a pretty angry man and good to see the back of someone with that attitude.

all the best to him and his kid anyway

Guest efctaxi
wow!

that's a pretty angry interview!

I think Moyes had no time for him but obviously we don't really know the ins and out of what went on. Whatever he's clearly a pretty angry man and good to see the back of someone with that attitude.

all the best to him and his kid anyway

The only fact in the whole VDM saga .

How did we miss this!?

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Footbal...yes/gnid-55104/

Andy van der Meyde has launched an astonishing attack on David Moyes, claiming the Everton boss tried to ‘destroy’ him.

The 29-year-old former Holland international has endured a miserable time at Goodison Park since his 2005 move from Inter, making just 24 appearances in four years.

As well as a succession of injuries and reported alcohol problems, Van der Meyde had personal issues when his daughter, Dolce, was born with severe health issues in 2007 and was unable to leave hospital.

However, Dolce can now be moved and Van der Meyde says that, as his daughter’s health is no longer a factor, he wants to leave the club.

"Things are going well with her,” he is quoted as telling De Telegraaf.

“In the last two years, a number of clubs wanted to sign me, but we were not willing to take Dolce away from that hospital and her doctors.

“Everton did not understand that – they thought that I was just staying here for the money.

“Dolce was the reason that I wanted to stay, but that was not apparent to them.

“We can move Dolce now, so we have plenty of options, including the Netherlands.

“I am running on the treadmill every day and I’m fully fit – and, for once, I hope to stay fit for a while.

“Moyes is a worthless man who tried to destroy me, but he didn’t succeed. You cannot write me off.”

He added: "For the fans and players, I hope Everton win the FA Cup.

“Would I begrudge the coach winning it? I don’t want to say anything about that.

“Wayne Rooney also said something about him and he ended up facing a lawsuit."

Van der Meyde believes he has not been given a chance to prove himself at the club.

"Last summer, I had a good pre-season, but just before the start of the campaign I suffered a six-centimetre tear in my hamstring,” he said.

“When I was fit, I was hardly given any opportunities.

“On several occasions, I was told that I would be in the squad on the Saturday, but then when I arrived at the stadium, I would end up in the stands.”

Van der Meyde has also played down reports that he has issues with drinking.

"I don’t deny that I occasionally like to go out in the city, but it is nonsense to suggest that I don’t know how a professional is supposed to behave," he said.

Van der Meyde has been linked with a move to Blackburn.

I really do hope that his little girl is well and on the road to recovery but it just strikes me that all the time he was here she was to unwell to be moved and now his contract is out she is well enough to be transferred to much of a coincidence for me.

I suppose we put that bottle to his lips everytime he got sloshed and set traps in training so he could get injured, I always liked him as he had the potential but after reading that i hope he rots on Blackburns bench.

How did we miss this!?

We didn't :lol::D .

Dolce is finally fit enough to move away from the hospital, and as such van der Meyde is able to look for a transfer to another club.

"Things are going well with her," Van der Meyde told De Telegraf.

"In the last two years, a number of clubs wanted to sign me, but we were not willing to take Dolce away from that hospital and her doctors.

"Everton did not understand that, they thought that I was just staying here for the money.

"Dolce was the reason that I wanted to stay, but that was not apparent to them.

"We can move Dolce now, so we have plenty of options, including the Netherlands."

The versatile winger says that despite Moyes' attempts to 'destroy' his career, he has kept himself in good shape and is ready to devote his services to another club.

"Moyes is a worthless man who tried to destroy me, but he didn't succeed. You cannot write me off," Van der Meyde added.

"I am running on the treadmill every day and I'm fully fit and, for once, I hope to stay fit for a while.

"Last summer, I had a good pre-season, but just before the start of the campaign I suffered a six-centimetre tear in my hamstring

"When I was fit, I was hardly given any opportunities. On several occasions, I was told that I would be in the squad on the Saturday, but then when I arrived at the stadium, I would end up in the stands."

The former Ajax star also denied suggestions that he has an alcohol problem.

"I don't deny that I occasionally like to go out in the city, but it is nonsense to suggest that I don't know how a professional is supposed to behave."

:lol::lol: I've always had him down as the last bloke in the pub at closing time, shouting the loudest and insulting people......maybe he should shut the fuck up :lol: ......... :)

Well 250 I've just noticed this, nice of you that, you may be right but unlike you I don't have to ask my wifes permission to go to the pub in the first place and as you can see by the drunkens latest comments it seems I was right about him as well:P

Guest efctaxi
Window doesn't open until July 1st.. apparently he's been with Blackburn for a while now though.

I think you might be mistaken ther Louis .

As far as I was aware , the window opened on the last day of the season at midnight .

For your convenience , there is a pdf here , from which you'll find the window section on page 150 .

http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/7...6~139386,00.pdf

SECTION M

TRANSFERS OF PLAYERS’ REGISTRATIONS

TransferWindows

1. “TransferWindows” means the 2 periods in a year during which, subject to Rule M.4, a Club

may apply for the New Registration of a player or to have the registration of a player

transferred to it or for a Temporary Transfer.

2. The first Transfer Window in any year shall commence at midnight on the last day of the

Season and shall end on 31st August next if aWorking Day or, if not, on the firstWorking Day

thereafter, at a time to be determined by the Board.

3. The second TransferWindow in any year shall commence at midnight on 31st December and

shall end on 31st January next if aWorking Day or, if not, on the firstWorking Day thereafter,

at a time to be determined by the Board.4. Outside a TransferWindow the Board in its absolute discretion may:

4.1 refuse an application; or

4.2 grant an application and, if thought fit, impose conditions by which the Club making the

application and the player shall be bound.

Temporary Transfers

5. A “Temporary Transfer” shall mean the transfer of a contract registration effected in

accordance with Rules M.6 to M.10.

6. Subject to the conditions set out below, a Temporary Transfer shall be permitted:

6.1 between Clubs; and

6.2 between a Club and a club in membership of the Football League, the Football

Conference, the Northern Premier League, the Isthmian League and the Southern

League.

7. The conditions referred to in Rule M.6 are:

7.1 a Temporary Transfer to a Club may not take place in the TransferWindow in which the

Transferor Club acquired the Player’s registration;

7.2 during the period of the Temporary Transfer of his contract registration a Player shall not

play against the Transferor Club;

Ive always respected VDM but I can clearly see now he is a Nobjock.

Same. I was quite gutted that he left because he always seemed like a good player when he played. We certainly didn't get the best out of him and it's a real shame how his Everton career panned out. Best Wishes to him with Blackburn Rovers but what he said in that interview was a bit naughty, at times Moyes was right to leave him on the bench.

is he gone yet lol

Contract has officially expired.

surely VDM will go down as one of Evertons biggest enigmas, people like him I'm sure will have Moyes looking more closely at all aspects of a player before he signs him.

That old phrase "take a chance" on a player, players like Barton (with his mental problems), Owen (with his injury problems).....does reflect that it really is about, taking a chance!!

Does work with some....Cahills knee problems, obviously not with good old VDM.He (VDM) took a swipe at Moyes with that interview, did Moyes leave him out when he was fit?

When Moyes writes his book! you can be certain he will take a few swipes at certain people, VDM being an interesting paragraph or two.Will it be the truth :rolleyes: