IGNORED

Kitbag / The Sporting Chicken - Now Official

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/-32m...-for-blues.html

Everton has today announced the biggest commercial deal in the Club's 131-year history.

The Goodison Park Club has signed a 10-year agreement with Kitbag Limited, Europe's leading online sports retailer, to provide exclusive retail services on a global basis.

The new agreement is expected to generate in excess of £30 million over the duration of the contract.

Kitbag Limited, whose existing portfolio of clubs includes Manchester United, Barcelona and Real Madrid, will operate under a bespoke Everton retail brand and will be directly responsible for high street shopping, mail order and the Club's online store.

Their vast experience in online sports retail will see the introduction of one of the most innovative football shopping web platforms in existence.

The deal will also mark a spectacular return for Everton retail in Liverpool City Centre with the opening of a new flagship store in the £920 million Liverpool One complex.

The new City Centre outlet will be the sister store of a fully refurbished retail operation at Goodison Park.

Chief Executive Officer, Robert Elstone said: "This new and exciting partnership represents real and tangible progress in the retail arena for Everton. It is, and will remain, a key area of the Club's overall business and therefore it was crucial to find the right partner. I believe we have done that with Kitbag Limited.

"Their pedigree in sports retail is first class - there is a refreshing progressiveness and ambition about their organisation and the way in which they run their business - one that I believe compliments ours. It will undoubtedly benefit Everton and our supporters for many years to come.

"There has been a significant amount of investment in this partnership from Kitbag already and it further demonstrates the ambition to improve our retail brand, our product ranges and customer service levels."

Ray Evans, Managing Director of Kitbag Limited, said: "We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to bring Everton fans a product offering through truly innovative retail environments that will reflect the heritage, passion and ambition that encompasses this football club.

"Our business employs very talented people who have great experience and fully understand the football club retail business - but most of all and crucially Kitbag people are all passionate football fans."

"Our capital investment into the Everton retail business is the single largest club partner investment in the history of our company. We are very much looking forward to revealing our plans and commitments to this business over the coming weeks."

In addition to the deal with Kitbag, the new retail arrangement for Everton includes a sports marketing agreement of up to five years with Le Coq Sportif which will generate a further £3 million.

The Le Coq Sportif brand - worn 25 years ago during the Club's most successful season - will be the official and recognised technical partner and the brand on the 2009/10 Everton home shirt that goes on sale in June.

Mr Elstone added: "Le Coq Sportif has a proud heritage, very closely aligned to Everton and we are delighted to be back amongst their stable.

"We are excited by the range and quality of products to be provided under the Le Coq Sportif umbrella and are confident, especially when fans see our new home shirt in June, that they'll agree we're at the start of a great, new sportswear partnership."

David Tolman, Managing Director of Focus International, licensee for Le Coq Sportif, said: "Le Coq Sportif was associated with Everton back in the glory years of the mid 80s and we are delighted to renew this relationship at a time when the Club is enjoying such a renaissance. The combination of the heritage values of both the club and Le Coq Sportif will deliver a powerful proposition for the fans."

Everton's new retail arrangement sees the Club part company with JJB Sports with whom they have enjoyed a strong and mutually beneficial relationship since 2004.

JJB Sports PLC will close the existing online store (evertonfc.com/megastore) and mail order at the end of trade (5pm) on Friday May 1, 2009 and the Club Megastore at Goodison will close on Sunday May 31, 2009.

Mr Elstone added: "Everyone at Everton has enjoyed the past 5 years working with JJB Sports. We would like to thank them for their continued support since 2004, particularly during recent, challenging economic times and wish them every success in the future.

"The Club would also like to place on record our thanks to Umbro. They have supported the Club with top quality product throughout the period of our partnership. We have enjoyed a resurgence in our fortunes on the field under the Umbro brand and we hope they bring us a final piece of good luck in the FA Cup Final at Wembley."

Your guess is as good as mine.

I imagine it is 3m per annum, Celtic signed one with Nike starting in 2010 which is £5m per annum for five years.

One thing not mentioned is the clothes will be done by either/both of Ecko and Sergio Tacchini.

Its 3m a year for 10 years

so no were not in the money & were not going to have a summer spending spree. It might pay the yaks wages for the year though..... I think money wise the deal is shit..... similar clubs getter better deals where the likes of Liverpool & United get about 10m per year...

As for dumping JJB and getting on board with Kitbag.. fantastic.....Not to hot about LE COCK though....

my 13 quid shirt from JJB no longer seems such a great deal lol then again I only have myself to blame.... I did know what was going on after all....

I think Romey was talking about the Le Coq Sportif manufacturing deal?

In addition to the deal with Kitbag, the new retail arrangement for Everton includes a sports marketing agreement of up to five years with Le Coq Sportif which will generate a further £3 million.

It's not exactly clear. If it was £3m for three years, why didn't they say the deal was £38-39million instead of £32m? Not complaining, just curious.

Man City's LCS deal with £2.5m per season for four years.

Signed before they became minted I think :huh: ? They were a less attracive proposition than us.

Suggests (to me) that it must be £3m a year. Inconceivable that it isn't surely.

Ten years of their stuff means future kits are going to look bloody awful.

"...the new retail arrangement for Everton includes a sports marketing agreement of up to five years with Le Coq Sportif."

No specific length put to it :) . "Up to five years" presumably means we can change if something better comes along.

im sure that side of it will be sorted out by kitbag.

it was jjb who had the deal with umbro, and im pretty sure it will be kit bag who have the deal with LCS.

kitbag know what there doing, look at the other clubs they look after, united real barca, they will have got whatever was the best deal on the table.

the plans that have been released so far sound impressive to me. the liverpool one shop has got to be a major one, im sure they wont just sell everton merch. if they sell footy boots and that sort of thing im sure the young kids would rather go and buy their boots from a club shop. and the goodison club shop getting a major make over. it was great when it first opened, with the mock up changing room with players shirts on the wall, but its been a bit bland for the last few years.

im excited, i think its all good news.

interesting louis, where did you hear about ecko or sergio?

that could be a good thing for further merchandise.

Edited by StevO

• 3 weeks later...
Guest efctaxi
Don't forget that the store at Goodison is to be called Everton One and the postcode for that store is Liverpool 4 :lol:

True , but it won't be on the line next to each other though ..... WILL IT ? :D

Did the Anfield trophy cleaners get a decent pay out with their recent redundancies ? :P

I heard a titbit... Grosvenor were not impressed by the 'Everton Two' name and felt it would incite vandalism.. Peter Jones, a planner at Liverpool City Council twisted their arm and they relented.

Do you reckon it's a good or bad idea that Everton are next door but one to the Liverpool store?

Guest efctaxi
I heard a titbit... Grosvenor were not impressed by the 'Everton Two' name and felt it would incite vandalism.. Peter Jones, a planner at Liverpool City Council twisted their arm and they relented.

Do you reckon it's a good or bad idea that Everton are next door but one to the Liverpool store?

They've been next door to each other as clubs .

Perhaps tell the reds they can only shop there once a fortnight .

I don't think it'll make much difference tbh.

• 2 years later...