IGNORED

Repeat Of Last Summer?

With Kenwright still seeking a buyer for Everton, and a decision not expected on the proposed stadium move to Kirkby until later this year, Moyes admits this close season could mirror the events of 12 months ago. "I would like to think it will be a busy summer in the transfer market but I am worried it will not be," he said . "I've had a look and have got an idea of what I would like to do, but I need to wait and see what finances are made available."

Worrying. Not what we need!

He must have SOMETHING. I don't care if he has to go bargain hunting to the championship for a player or two as long as we get another Fellaini-esque signing from somewhere else (The impact he's made, rather than 18m from the Belgian league :D)

Repeat of last summer!

That was one decent/good signing, a couple of loan signings.Ok that on papers not looking good.

What if THAT signing is very good, AND we only suffer minor injuries next season, unlike the bad luck we've had this year!

Result; Possibly a better seson that this one, which is a nats whisker from 5th place and a cup final place.

We could always buy loads of players and have a Newcastle/Man City/Spurs kind of season.

David Moyes insists his summer transfer targets won't only be free transfers.

Qualification for the Europa League next term means Everton could play considerably more fixtures than this season.

And the Everton boss is keen to boost the numbers in his squad after injuries left him short on personnel at various stages of the current campaign.

But he won't be content with just adding free 'Bosman' transfers to his squad.

"I know that we are going to need more players," he said at his weekly press conference ahead of the clash with Tottenham Hotspur.

"I think when you want to finish in the top four or five in the Premier League you are going to need more than Bosmans. They might help prop up the squad and we will need that as well, but I think in truth we will need to make signings to add to the players we have here and give us a chance of - at the worst - staying where we are, but hopefully progressing."

Repeat of last summer!

That was one decent/good signing, a couple of loan signings.Ok that on papers not looking good.

What if THAT signing is very good, AND we only suffer minor injuries next season, unlike the bad luck we've had this year!

Result; Possibly a better seson that this one, which is a nats whisker from 5th place and a cup final place.

We could always buy loads of players and have a Newcastle/Man City/Spurs kind of season.

My point was because everything happened so late (along with Davey's contract stuff), that we didn't start playing until November!

Not saying the signings were neccessarily poor ones :) .

YEP! MikeO, I can see your point about last minute things, and numbers not coming in as being not the way to get a season up and running, as we proved this season, and like you hope things are different this summer.

Money or no money, as we proved this season Everton under Moyes are still able to slug it out with anyone.

If we're going to go for it big time in Europe next season sure we need more players and less injuries but then I guess we'll just have to do it the Everton way.Unless an Evertonian won the loto last night we may well be shopping in the sales again.

YEP! MikeO, I can see your point about last minute things, and numbers not coming in as being not the way to get a season up and running, as we proved this season, and like you hope things are different this summer.

Money or no money, as we proved this season Everton under Moyes are still able to slug it out with anyone.

If we're going to go for it big time in Europe next season sure we need more players and less injuries but then I guess we'll just have to do it the Everton way.Unless an Evertonian won the loto last night we may well be shopping in the sales again.

I won about £6 on the euro millions last night, do you think I could invest it in the club, maybe put in for moutinho??

Seriously though, I trust Moyes' judgement in the market place. I would just love it though if we can get our new players signed early, preferably as soon as the window opens, so that we've got everyone ready for pre-season and hopefully clicking ready for the start of the season.

Edited by wallwriter

Guest efctaxi

Who do we need to replace ?

Howard does ok , and I don't think we really need more keepers , unless it's to replace Howard .

With Hibbert and Jacobsen , right back is ok , and we also have Yobo who is a class player on his day .

Jags , Lescott , and Baines ?

We can shuffle Jags or Lescott a little , but we have no real cover for Baines should he get injured . ( 1 )

Neville does well , and is versatile , but if injured , do we have good cover ? (2)

Pienaar , Arteta , Fellaini , Osman , Rodwell , Cahill , Gosling ?

We need another midfielder and another winger (3+4)

Saha , Yak , Vic , Vaughan ?

Another 2 players needed ( 5+6)

Having an equally effective partnership down the right and left side must be the priority. Baines and Pienaar are there so a right-back and right/left winger please! Next priority must be Jo's replacement. I personally would like a defensive midfielder - (lee catermole!)

Guest efctaxi
Having an equally effective partnership down the right and left side must be the priority. Baines and Pienaar are there so a right-back and right/left winger please! Next priority must be Jo's replacement. I personally would like a defensive midfielder - (lee catermole!)

He would have gotten on well with VDM :D

tenerife-forum-drunk-smiley.gif