IGNORED

Jacobsen

I think I'm right in thinking that we signed him on a one year deal, so that would mean we get to either keep him on or let him go in the Summer.

From what I've seen of him I think he's worth keeping at least for another year, just wondering what everyone else thinks, any thoughts??

I like him, from what I've seen, he's fairly solid, likes to get forward, has got a pretty decent cross in him, and doesn't seem to panic under pressure, (which Hibbert has been known to do). To me he looks like to kind of player who you can tell to do a job, and he'll do it. For me, I really hope he stays and gets a longer run in the team, cos I think he is/could be a decent player.

Guest efctaxi

He is worthy of a short term contract with a review for extension based on performances .

He hasn't shown enough to warrant 5 years though in the short time on the pitch .

Do I think he's better than Hibbert ?

No . Hibbert is a damn good right back .

Do I think Hibberts time is almost up ?

Again no .

What we do need though is good cover , with a view to proving he is good enough to take over .

He is our player , so would cost us nothing but wages , so there is a plus there to be had .

Should we keep him ?

Yes .

He is worthy of a short term contract with a review for extension based on performances .

He hasn't shown enough to warrant 5 years though in the short time on the pitch .

Again no .

What we do need though is good cover , with a view to proving he is good enough to take over .

He is our player , so would cost us nothing but wages , so there is a plus there to be had .

Should we keep him ?

Yes .

can't agree there, hibbert is decent but he's very suspect up against pace and skill. nothing in his locker going forward at all.

hibbert scores, we riot!

Guest efctaxi
can't agree there, hibbert is decent but he's very suspect up against pace and skill. nothing in his locker going forward at all.

hibbert scores, we riot!

He's saving his goal for the final :D

I made a post at the beginning of the season slating Hibbert and genuinely thought he was our weakest link. Have my views changed? Yes. I think Hibbert has had his best season even if he hasn't played as often as previous seasons. However I'd still keep Jacobsen to see if he can claim the right back berth. Another years loan would be ideal seeing as he's spent most of the season on the sidelines. I still don't see Hibbert good enough to help take us forward but I'd be quite happy to see him in the final line up

He was disappointing today. He had plenty of the ball and I can't really remember him doing anything of note with it.

Disagree. He did nothing magical but what he did do was keep the ball on the deck and keep moves flowing. Whenever he had the ball he looked confident and most of the passes found its man. IMO he was one of the best on the pitch today. A few people around me agreed, his only slight mistake was right at the end where I think he tried to make a dribble into the box (which kinda' went wrong)

Certainly keep him. i don't think i've seen him make one mistake.

and coming off the bench after 7 months and play like he does is far from evident.

Keep him. Coming back from injury into a new league. Brilliant.

Jacobsen > Hibbert

He's better than Hibbert, so yes keep him.

However, the right hand side attack can't be blamed on any right backs as we have Osman still in the team.

My opinion, get shot of Osman and get a proper right-midfield player. Then we might have as much progress as Pienaar and Baines have made.

I like him. He has put a few good shifts in when I have seen him play. In particular I thought he did well in the Chelsea game recently. He was quiet yesterday but I feel more confident with him at Right Back than I do with Hibbert as I feel that Hibbert is more prone to mistakes, and with Yobo back in the team (though he scored a cracker yesterday) we need someone a little more reliable at the back as you can guarentee that Yobo will do something stupid at least once every game, just like he did yesterday.

Keep him? On yesterday's performance no.

He got loads of the ball and loads of space at times and okay being on the right with osman didn't help but you look how dangerous we are on the left and how many crosses baines get's in (many way-ward!) then you think how much better we would be if we had that kind of service or options down the right. Somethings not quite right - I think we need a new right back and right winger (if that means move pienaar to right and buy a lefty then that's fine).

Hibbert won't leave in the summer so I'd say no to keeping Jacobsen as I feel we need even more quality in this position - I don't think hibbert or jacobsen are the answer to take us forward. Let's hope this Seamus Coleman is as good as a young stephen carr when he first broke onto the scene with spurs (irish link!)

While we're on the subject of right back's, we've not had a real quality one now for years. When I do my best Everton line-up in my life-time I always put Mark 'crack-dealing' Ward at right back, due to the competition being the likes of jackson, barrett, o'kane, thomas, hottinger, dunne, cleland, hibbo. Thinking about it I'd prob put Nev in now just because he's been an ace captain and he wouldn't get in my centre mid ahead of parkinson, mccall and arteta!

Again no .

Should we keep him ?

Yes .

Ha ha I knew if I waited long enough you would say something that I agree with!

hibbert scores, we riot!

I think the opposite I think Hibbert is at his best when he is up against a pacey skillful winger there is nobody else i would like in my side to do a man marking job on the likes of Ronaldo because I dont think hes slow and he is excellent in the tackle. I think defensively he is very reliable and obviously Moysie sees something in him because he throws him in every time hes fit even when hes been out for months. How many times have you seen him suddenly appear on the team sheet for a derby when hes been out for ages?

Its when he has got the ball thats the problem so I agree with you that hes got nothing in his locker going forward. If he did he would easily make the England squad IMO

Guest efctaxi
Ha ha I knew if I waited long enough you would say something that I agree with!

You're grey now aren't you . :D

Hibbert has quick reactions , and tackles well , and most of all , is the most experienced right back in the league ( probably ) having done the job for such a long time .

It is NOT his job to get forward . It IS his job to mark his territory which he does well .

Having 2 attacking full backs might sound cool , but it's a bit dangerous against a top team if both are caught out of position .

He still has a lot to offer the squad , and if anyone can name 10 better right backs in the prem , then I'm all ears .

You're grey now aren't you . :D

Hibbert has quick reactions , and tackles well , and most of all , is the most experienced right back in the league ( probably ) having done the job for such a long time .

It is NOT his job to get forward . It IS his job to mark his territory which he does well .

Having 2 attacking full backs might sound cool , but it's a bit dangerous against a top team if both are caught out of position .

He still has a lot to offer the squad , and if anyone can name 10 better right backs in the prem , then I'm all ears .

:D:P

Ha ha now your making a habit of it because I agree again!

I think the opposite I think Hibbert is at his best when he is up against a pacey skillful winger there is nobody else i would like in my side to do a man marking job on the likes of Ronaldo because I dont think hes slow and he is excellent in the tackle. I think defensively he is very reliable and obviously Moysie sees something in him because he throws him in every time hes fit even when hes been out for months. How many times have you seen him suddenly appear on the team sheet for a derby when hes been out for ages?

Its when he has got the ball thats the problem so I agree with you that hes got nothing in his locker going forward. If he did he would easily make the England squad IMO

Does nobody at all remember the game at Villa Park? MOTD sure did, they had a whole segment dedicated to our shit right back and his inability to deal with Ashley "My Head's Bigger Than Yours" Young <_<

We need an overhaul but we don't have money, so Jacobsen being kept on is as good as we can hope for, and frankly, I'm not disappointed.

Guest efctaxi
Does nobody at all remember the game at Villa Park? MOTD sure did, they had a whole segment dedicated to our shit right back and his inability to deal with Ashley "My Head's Bigger Than Yours" Young <_<

We need an overhaul but we don't have money, so Jacobsen being kept on is as good as we can hope for, and frankly, I'm not disappointed.

Ashley Young causes most defenders a headache , but I wouldn't condemn a guy for 1 game where things got tricky .

At least he didn't run across the other side of the pitch and leave his area wide open like certain players did against City :)