IGNORED

Jags & Yobo New Contracts.

“I’d like to think so (that something might happen). Obviously if I had not got injured, discussions might have been a whole lot easier in the summer.

"The ball is in their court now and there’s not much I can do. I can’t perform for a few months but if it’s a case of me committing my future, there is no issue with that."

After receiving the main Player of the Season award - voted for by the fans - the former Sheffield United man explained why Everton is the place for him.

“If they want to do that (offer a contract), it’s not going to take very long to sort out,” said the centre-back. “The fans, the staff, the players – everything about the club suits me to a tee.

“Hopefully I can come back a similar player, if not even better, and it will still suit me for as long as the gaffer or anyone else wants me.”

Love that man!

Guest efctaxi

I don't think he will be offered the contract untill the club are 100% certain the injury has been recovered from .

No sentiment in business unfortunately .

Guest efctaxi

Everton have secured the long term services of central defenders Phil Jagielka and Joseph Yobo.

Player of the Season Jagielka and Nigerian captain Yobo are both set to sign new five-year contracts with the Club in the near future, keeping them on Merseyside until 2014.

Not secured anything untill the solicitors see a signature ;)

It wouldn't be on the OS if it wasn't certain...

"Everton is delighted contract negotiations with both Joseph Yobo and Phil Jagileka have now been successfully concluded and both players will sign new five-year deals with the Club imminently."

Pretty unambiguous that!

Good news :) .

Guest efctaxi
It wouldn't be on the OS if it wasn't certain...

"Everton is delighted contract negotiations with both Joseph Yobo and Phil Jagileka have now been successfully concluded and both players will sign new five-year deals with the Club imminently."

Pretty unambiguous that!

Good news :) .

I see your not confident enough to close the thread though with a big signed finally :lol:

I see your not confident enough to close the thread though with a big signed finally :lol:

Totally confident.

Just thought that (unlike the "Yobo Leaving" fantasy thread) people might want to express their opinions on it ;) .

If we did it the other way we could have have an...

"Everton win FA Cup Final 6-0" thread...

A first post of "Everton won the FA Cup Final 6-0 today."

Then the thread would be closed because the facts are confirmed :P .

Would stifle the debate a little in my opinion :) .

Guest efctaxi

Will have to put this here then :D

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/detai...ews&id=8248

“Everton were happy to give Yobo the new deal even at 28 years old and he also loves to stay with the club. At any rate he does not want to leave the United Kingdom and would only consider a move if it is to any of Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal. It’s a good deal and we are happy with it”, Shittu, who also manages Chelsea and Nigerian midfielder John Mikel Obi, said."

I imagine that wouldn't go down to well with the die hards :huh: